1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Which rookie did i throw under the bus?..............................i haven't thrown anyone under the bus, i think you have the wrong poster on that front.

KPJ is a combo guard, plays both positions.

Nook, DaDakota and HP3 like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You saw that too lmao. And when he misses it's the im injured or I flew into the 3rd row. If he drives left is that fading baseline jumpshot from 2 feet away. Bro go do the the fundamental mikan drill for gods sake

BallaDoc and Denovo like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Some posters on this board always pick a player to slander in order to prop up the other. Kind of sad, but It's always been that way. Yao and T-Mac, Brooks and Lowry, Lowry and Dragic, DMo and Terrance Jones, Lin and Beverley. Several other examples I can cite as well. Those just pop into my head right away.

I've been voicing my concerns about KPJ's game since last season based on observing his approach to the game and I haven't seen a single thing to change my opinion that attempting to convert him to PG is a waste of time and that he would be better served as a secondary playmaker.

Jalen Green has been bad more than he has been good, but he is 14 games into his first season in the NBA so I will have a bit more patience with him for the time being. If he is still playing like this entering his 3rd year I will absolutely be merciless in my critique of his game. I'm more disappointed with the way Jalen Green has played because I actually expected more out of him. I'm honestly not even that surprised that KPJ has been bad at point guard so I've been staying out of the KPJ topics recently now that more people are catching on and speaking on it.

Dopamine, Denovo, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  4. 34to11

34to11 Member

The irony.

harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  5. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

#Truth on this.

Nook likes this.
  6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We really need to bring KPJ off the bench and build him up. Right now our starting 5 are getting absolutely decimated. Silas needs to begin trying many new lineups to see if something can gain traction.

KPJ could still get a lot of minutes from the bench, problem is he is probably too childish to accept such a role and Silas isn't a strong enough coach to bench players. Silas just doesn't have the type of gravitas needed to fully lay down his plan. He had it in Dallas because he was in a position to strategize and the coach would lay down the law.

Joe Rocket, amaru and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I am a Rockets fan. I root for both.

I am really pulling for KPJ this year. He was oozing with talent last year and I was hoping to see a breakout this year with a team's clear confidence in him. It may be my rose colored glasses, but I have seen him gradually improve this season (minus Griz game). He's lately focused more on simply attacking and prodding the defense. I don't see the pounding of the basketball like others. He moves it around and doesn't force things unless the clock is ticking and he has to..

I feel like Christin Wood was better last year too? Their pick n roll combo used to be better? KPJ would throw some nasty dimes last year but those have been a bit fewer and farther between. I think we need to be patient. Every player has their own maturation process and development timeline. I believe KPJ is a good shooter and those frustrating bunny lay ups will start to fall.

Somebody posted earlier about the +/- with KPJ alone, JG alone, and together. I think KPJ alone was +7 and the together was way negative. That should hopefully get better with more experience and coaching. It's possible for these two to coexist. We have to give them time.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

We live in a world where we want things and we want things now.

I buy something from Amazon, I get it in 2 days and I’m happy. Anything more than that is now an inconvenience to me.

It’s been 14 games with the kids and we’re a very bad team with a coach that doesn’t seem to have much positive output.

KPJ and Jalen are having issues and that is apparent, but they need time to settle, find their roles and continue working on their game.

I don’t think KPJ is a 1 and shouldn’t be a primary ball handler/decision maker, but I’m not writing him off as a player.

Jalen’s shot will come around and his basketball iq will grow with experience.

Patience is key and at least we’re potentially looking at adding Banchero or Holmgren.

9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

A waste of time

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. 34to11

34to11 Member

There are always exceptions to the rule but there is a reason year 3 is widely held as the determinant year for players to show their NBA worthiness.
    To suggest that a third year player should receive the same critical latitude as a one month rookie seems off.

Also, let's be honest about the details as well. KPJ has only played two positions (wing and point) not three and his limited game count is almost exclusively a product of his own actions. That matters.

I know KPJ came to Houston with "handle with care" stamped all over him but at some point critical assessment and accountability have to kick in.
    At some point the (kid) gloves have to come off.

HP3 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Denovo

Denovo Member

Pg, Sg and Sf are three positions of we’re being “honest”. His rookie season he was a small forward. Last year he was a combo guard and this year he’s a full time point guard.

Regardless of circumstances he still has only 90 games of experience. That’s not 3 seasons of experience. If you want to assume a 21 year has no room to grow as a player that’s on you.

I’m all for accountability. Change his role, bring him off the bench, hold him accountable for his attitude on and off the court, all of that is fine. But to act like his career is over at 21 because it’s his “3rd season” doesn’t make sense.

Where were Jae’Sean Tate and Christian Wood at 21? It takes some players longer than “3 seasons” to figure it out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Repeating the same bs excuses "he only has 90 games" should really be "he's not the point guard we're forcing him to be" and it shows. It would be one thing if we were a team just trying to develop him but we have other rookies we need to develop and his regression is ruining the entire timeline. Brace yourselves for 5 more years of this Clutchfans. I can hear it now "KPJ is only 26" LMAO

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are GODAMNED RIGHT I am a KPJ fan!!!

Also right I am a Jalen Green fan too!

You know why? Cause they are both ROCKETS!!!!

It is fair to criticize either, but this bullshit back and forth where someone is taking someone else's shine is just showing how many KIDS we have here that lack the maturity to understand a rebuild.

The only players we should be moving are those that we KNOW won't fit......in the future.

DD

tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

omg i spoted jalen only after magnification LOL....btw who is the guy that is even worse than jalen

16. Denovo

Denovo Member

??? Porter has only 90 games of experience and also isn’t a point guard. Both are true. I’ve said multiple times that Porter belongs back on the wing.

You can stop confusing me with other posters now. It’s annoying as hell.

You went from making articulate points to stepping into borderline idiocy. Why tf would Porter have the same expectations at 26? Also Porter has had zero impact on the Rockets timeline. This was always going to be a tanking season. You’re saying anything atp.

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

thats the other jalen

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Stop it man you were just dogging Jalen. Soon as you guys realized you were wrong on your entire double standard crap you quickly reverted to "why you guys tryna start a war" lmao. All I see is flip floppin all over the place lol

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i would have had patience if i trusted silas and saw the method to madness
    its just seems there are a lot of negligence in rockets org and carelessness and that is why the mistrust

and now we are looking foraward to adding more busts...
    the loterry isnt the answer
    theres is no way around hardwork, diligence and fight....

rockets org seems to want the easy way...they want to win by losing... and its never been done that way....losing just leads to more losing....

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"Porter only has 90 games experience" "Porter only has 200 games experience" "Porter is so young he's such a future stud wait and see in 5 years." Lets wait 7 years for KPJ to be a decent player at point when we have and will receive other players with much higher ceilings. This entire org is ass backwards and forcing KPJ at point again is a waste of time. No one should have their development put on hold for a future solid role player lol

Nook and hakeem94 like this.