1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/15/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2021.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has so many moves. he just needs more of the ball to make things happen, especially dangerous if you give him room

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You keep saying this ignoring the team looked this bad last year too. 20 game losing streak...what was the excuse then?

How is this knee jerk?

This team looked good under Silas for a short period after Harden. That's it. That like 3 week period was the only time. Outside of that period, they have looked downright TERRIBLE. From Harden to now, it's been really bad. Really really bad.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Damion Laverne

LOSER DNA

LOSER DNA

LOSER DNA

That is starting to set in.

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

They've lost 12 in a row & look like a complete & utter disaster in every facet of the game. They're the bottom of the league in every statistical category, so judging by current their **** play, I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting drastic changes. As fans, I think we can tolerate a losing season because its a developmental yr but so far this team has been beyond garbage & things don't seem to be improving from last season when they had the worst record in the league, which generally points to poor coaching & player development.

ashleyem, DeBeards, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Nothing, we were tanking. We won 17 games. We were bad. We are bad now. It takes time.

Because its 11 games with a worse/younger roster. Its gonna take more time than what you want.

Yea...I mean that was what always was gonna happen. We have bad players. We need time. Its gonna take a lil bit. And if we still see no improvement in the coming years...he'll get fired. But now is not that time.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Well 71 games left to go, lets see what happens. 11 games is not something you can say is good sample size. Lets not panic here, we are bad. But making any hasty reactions at this point in time is not a good decision. You have to give things more time than what is given currently. You cant just be asking for the coach's head after 1 season and 1 quarter.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your excuse for being bad can't be tanking unless you can prove to me the coach is losing games on purpose.

I've never heard of a coach intentionally coaching to lose games.

You're giving Silas zero responsibility for this with that one and 0 accountability. He's a reason we're this bad. He's not outside of this team, he's part of it.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I've seen enough for me to want another coach, even knowing we are tanking.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woah. Did I see that right?! He got 15 points!? In a 34 point loss, no doubt !!! We’re on our way boys. Get ready for that championship parade !

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Exactly. Our defense is as much of a problem as our offense.

D-rock likes this.
  14. spm_fan

spm_fan Member

The Houston Rockets currently:

Have the worst offense in the league
    The highest pace in the league

The most free throw attempts
    The lowest free throw percentage

We also have the 28th lowest FGA.

Fast pace leading to empty possessions with a high chance for turnovers. Slow it a down a little? Who am I kidding, losing games is more important at this point. Only question is: are you more of a Chet or Paolo guy?

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

It could be one reason? Among man. That lineup data has like an 11 game sample size, its not a lot. And Alp isnt ready for those minutes yet maybe. There is trade value as well, promised playing etc.....there could be a multitude of reasons.

I mean...I think that's a naive thought. Lots of coaches are in on the tank.

I mean, there is difference between "yea he's been unremarkable" and "LETS FIRE HIM NOW" right? Im not saying hes done an amazing job or anything but I also think its not time to fire him.

I just think we need more time here to let things develop.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

And I think that's jumping the gun my dude.

17. vick

vick Member

Yes i was in the Navy in Yokuska Japan when the Rockets moved from San Diego to Houston
    This team has good players but it will take a couple of years before they start winning.

daywalker02, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Silas's haircut making me angry now too.. cut that all the same length what is he doing up there?

CRJ713, heypartner, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas has been HISTORICALLY bad.

It's time to admit that he was a shyte hire.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Coaching matters.

DeBeards, clos4life and JayGoogle like this.