1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Green should pick up a trade. It’s obvious after 10 games that he will never be an nba player.

With his height he’d be a solid carpenter. Wouldn’t have to drag a ladder everywhere.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It amazes me how much people like you ignore the posts you reply to. Why post at all? Again the data is in favor of the people who support Green. Rookies look shitty sometimes when they enter the league not everyone is Scottie Barnes or Michael Jordan or Hakeem Olajuwan and again rookies dont drop 30 point games in their 3rd game without frethrows it doesnt happen lol What you're expecting is highly unrealistic. You fall into the first category that I stated above. The people who want to be right about Green so you have to turn a 3 or 4 year window into 3 weeks. That way you can claim victory. Its petty and a huge logical fail. I dont know what Jalen is going to be but calling him a bust at 3 weeks is mental and there's no data to back that up at all. I hope he'll be a star though and I get excited everytime I see flashes.

glimmertwins and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He has band handles though. Can't be a good carpenter if you're always fumbling the hammer.

glimmertwins and palmsnbananas like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hmmm. Night stocker? Non-fragile goods though. Maybe at the container store?

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You're right. I'm going to ignore the rest of your post after reading the bolded. You know why?

Here's your last post:
    Well because rookies dont usually drop 30 in their third game in the NBA at 19 (without freethrows). It just doesnt happen often. What does happen often is rookies struggling. So its not really overrating when you see someone doing something thats rarely done in the NBA so early for rookies and say "wow he's a future star". What you do is look at what they do well and whats not working and say to yourself will that be fixed in 2 or three years? His shooting can absolutely be improved in the next 2 or three years.

Also let me just say we are all fans of the Rockets on this team or atleast we are supposed to be. Why on earth would you not be excited for what Green and Al P can become when they show flashes. The reverse is expecting a 19 year old to be a superstar right away its just stupid. Data backs what the people who support Green are saying not the haters. Our biggest concern should be people in their 3rd year or more looking like they have regressed i.e. KPJ and Wood.

The italicized is not a question and does not need responding to. This is a statement by you seeking no feedback. That's not called ignoring.

You asked a question (I bolded this part for you because you seem to be having some trouble) and low and behold. I responded to that question.

Whilst the second bolded part of your post isn't a question, I responded in kind to prove "data" does not back anything up at all. I even threw in a little quip to show the "data" of athletic freaks not turning into superstars.

Seems in fact you are the one ignoring posts you quote. Or simply can't comprehend them.

Do better.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So your response is to deflect lol I cant say I didnt have you pegged thats why you have nothing to respond. You just want to be right so now the window is 3 weeks confirmed lol

glimmertwins and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Nothing to respond? Bro I literally just pointed out how ridiculous your post was with FACTS hahaha.

You are delusional. Of course we know why you think Green is going to be a star hahah.

EDIT: I have to edit this post with how much i'm laughing. That was as embarrassing as a Jalen Green defensive play. Or a Jalen Green drive. Or a Jalen Green blocked 3. Or a Jalen Green jump shot.

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Is that what my post said or did it say that Im not sure what he's going to be but I am hoping is is gonna be a star? Look back I'll wait. Like I said you're ignoring what I say and going with the position you think I hold in your head lol Because its easier for you to fight a versus petty war than with someone who simply says its too early (which is what most people are saying btw) so you have to try to force a point I didnt make and tell me that i've already labeled him a future star. Most people hope he will be a star while you have already labeled him a bust in 3 weeks and its absolutely ridiculous. Ofcourse you know that thats why the deflection. When people said he's NBA readyand he'll average 30 some day they were just being hopeful that doesnt mean if he doesnt right away he's a bust. Its a total logical fail and its stupid.

#988 Joe Rocket, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Man, what a bunch of knee jerk impatient fans. The kid was the youngest player in the draft. The expectations way unrealistic. The talent is plain to see; he just needs time to develop. He will come around. Have some patience for God’s sake.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

" Rockets’ offense is +15.1 points/possession with Sengun on the floor, which is 95th percentile league wide. -19.6 with Jalen Green on. (Per cleaningtheglass.)"
    Those are the numbers!
    He's not the youngest though! Sengun is younger, Giddey is younger, and Mobley is just 4 months older. Green isn't a Kobe bryant at 17 where everyone was 21/22.

11. Downtown Sniper

Shhhhhh.

Jalen jumps high. "the talent is plain to see"

12. Downtown Sniper

LMFAO.

I mean if you're going to lie. Do a better job of it.

There is literally another rookie (a better one) ON JALEN'S OWN TEAM WHO IS YOUNGER THAN HIM.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What do these numbers mean? +15.1 over what? Is that 15.1 over the rockets average points per possession, 15.1 over league average, or something else? Also, is that saying the rockets offense with Sengun on the floor is 95th percentile, or is it saying that a player who adds 15.1 is 95th percentile? Assuming the latter because I have a hard time believing any rockets lineup is in the 95th percentile offensively.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun and Mobley would make one helluva high low post duo

tycoonchip, Bobbythegreat and Jontro like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam... bald mauri messed up big in his first ever draft. time to get a new gm. @DaDakota you good?

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the instagram pics , youtube pics and has a "kobe" mentality!

jiggyfly and Bobbythegreat like this.
  17. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Man you guys are insane with the negativity and knee jerk reactions. barely 10 games into his rookie season smh. Truly Embarrassing.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What does it really matter though? So what especially when we have data showing plenty of stars started just like Jalen is starting and became stars and MVPs. You're bringing up how he's playing as if he will always play this way and you know this somehow for a fact at 3 weeks in.Im convinced you are as much as a troll as bobbythegreat. By your reckoning Nash Durant Dirk and countless others should have been labeled busts lol Its just insane.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Not on a team with this coach and no point guards lol Or are we ignoring the fact that Rubio is currently playing out of his mind and 80% of Mobleys shots are from that and Garland?

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Joe Rocket likes this.