1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

EG looks really good, and he's healthy...time to move him soon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 4, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Trade Wood and him for a bad contract even if it needs to be 3 teams. Have another team give a little bit of their future.

I would bet Wood or Gordon or both will be hurt sooner than later anyways.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'll hate to see him go, but he definitely has positive value for a team chasing a ring. Our most solid vet in my opinion.

crenshaw likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is the EGo experiment over??!!!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Ive been on that EG appreciation vibe since last year. Thank you EG. I never knocked you for your shortcomings because you have been valuable to us the whole time.... offensive threat, clutch shooting and elite on-ball defense --- and now leading by example. People b****ed about your contract, but you deserved it after we initially signed you with less money than what rhino got. Thank you rocket legend.

5. jboslett

jboslett Member

Not said enough. He can flat out lock up at times.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think teams are waiting to see how healthy he is and the more he plays the more confident they’ll be giving us better assets. It’s a risk though. The more he plays the more likely he is to be injured. Gonna be tough to decide when to pull the trigger. I’m guessing the offers aren’t very high right now. I could definitely see a contending team sending us a future first for him. He’s a starter on any nba team that doesn’t have a star 2 or 3.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Any way we can package Wall and EGO, and maybe a pick for Simmons?

DD

hongxingli likes this.
  8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Friggin' gross, man

King1 likes this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

One of these centuries we will end up trading Eric Gordon I’m sure of it

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

they were reportedly asking for CJ McCollum and 4 picks and 4 pick swaps from Portland. So, uh...

Deckard likes this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

EG is a solid SG. I've noticed him shooting more set shot 3s this year and his stroke looks great.

Looking at some trade scenarios...
    To Toronto for G Dragic https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/10...houston-rockets-trade-features-eric-gordon/2/
    - This brings us an expiring PG (former Rocket) who could be a good mentor for Scoot until we trade him at the deadline for a contender. If not, I'd be fine with him sticking around to the end of the year. Would love for TOR to send a 2nd to us in a deal like this.
    To Denver for G/F Will Barton, C Bol Bol, 2024 Second Round Pick https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/11...-houston-rockets-trade-focused-eric-gordon/2/
    - I'd be a little surprised if DEN would do this trade. Barton is younger and longer, plus a decent scorer. Would love to give Bol Bol a whirl and the 2nd would be great.

Who else might be interested in EG?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. CertifiedTroll

I was playing with the trade machine. I had a hard time finding really anything useful that we could flip Gordon for. I guess it would be some very protected future FRP or some seconds.

Corrosion and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@Plowman

Not considering salary, which team do you think needs Gordon most -- fit?

No wrong answer, just curious as to your opinion

#33 ApacheWarrior, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  14. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Gordon is an underrated plus defender, always a 3-point threat, and has some ability to create for himself and finish in paint to complement your No.1 and No.2 options. I think this makes him more suitable as starter than a 6th man. He still is about a top-50 player in the NBA, and every team would love to have him. It should be easy to move him at his current salary, just a matter of getting the best return possible.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Denver is missing Jamal Murray big time. He's not supposed to be back until April from what I understand. It's their time. EG could make a big difference there in the meantime. And, then be a perfect complimentary piece on the championship contender.

joshuaao, RasaqBoi and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. futilman

futilman Member

he would be incredible in MIL off the bench

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I think you get better value at the trade deadline when there is a team looking for that guy to boost their team and possibly willing to give up more.
    I trust Stone on this. He's no Nicky C.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most times you do get better value at the deadline, but I'm not willing to gamble on EG staying healthy.

#38 Plowman, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I things keep going this way hard to see him here past the trade deadline… but I wouldnt mind either way.

Both Jalen and KPJ could really use some lessons from him on how to drive to the lane in the nba. Only he and Wall are the guard vets that can give them some pointers on this.

20. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

damn Rocket haters.