1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This post doesn't make a lot of sense.

1. They're in the WS.
    2. They're leading the WS 2-1
    3. They just shut down our vaunted offense in 2/3 games, but completely rendered them nonexistent tonight. We might as well had Luis Garcia go up to bat every time with the quality of swings we put out against their staff.

It's been time to take them seriously. Any team is "beatable" because the Stros are damn good, but this mentality that we're better on paper so we got this is plain false.

Bottom line, put up or shut up time tomorrow. Obviously we have the talent and grit to respond, but it's tough to continue to make a living like this. Stros offense needs to wake up and carry us home the rest of the series.

Houstunna, jklb, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We absolutely can but, the margin of error is almost nonexistent...we have to win 3 of the remaining four unless we win 3 in a row. We've lost 2 of 3 with 2 at home.Just painful to watch this crap show tonight...it was there for the taking.

Tomstro and roxallways like this.
  3. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

im tired of these win 3 in a row....lol do you not recall the nats WS

arabrocket likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

damned if you do
    damned if you don’t

arabrocket likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Again, absolutely ****ing not. Yuli is a gold glove defender at 1B. Moving him to third to play Jose Siri instead of Bregman is stupid. Bregman should be moved to 7th in the order, but that’s about it.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Trying to keep the faith but damn that was embarrassing.. I don't give a damn if Nolan Ryan was pitching against us... No way should this offense be no-hit through 7 and shut out in a WS game...

7. STR8Thugg

I'm not really singling them out.

They've proven they can hit lefties.

Problem is, nobody is hitting their lefties right now. Right hander or left handed batter don't matter.

Needs to change tomorrow like first damn inning.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

meh

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Clearly never been down 2-1 in post season.

10. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

That Bregman hit was excellent and is what the other hitters should have done. Just put the ball in play. Our guys tonight were trying to hit home runs when they couldn't even make contact.

11. DVauthrin

The Astros need to get back to swinging at strikes. They let Anderson off the hook in the first three innings. He would have walked the bases loaded in pretty much every frame if the Astros would have had their usual disciplined approach. Instead, they got in hitters’ counts and were over aggressive. For example, Correa in the 2nd inning had a 2-0 count and swung at a pitch well inside to make it 2-1. Altuve saw 5 balls in his second at bat and struck out on the fifth one above the top of the strike zone.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. DVauthrin

I’m sick of this mentality that the Braves suck around here. You don’t beat a 106-win team with the deepest roster in baseball without being a good team. You don’t get to the WS without being good, either. The Braves had the best record after the All-Star Break for a reason.

The Astros need to play their best game of the season tomorrow in all phases, and take it to the Braves from the first pitch.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

I think it's reasonable to vent frustration right after a historically inept offensive performance like that.

Anyone who has followed the team close enough all year knows that we have the capability of pulling this off, but it just really, really blows at this very moment, watching them go down with hardly a whimper.

However, we have people over here talking about moving Brantley to first, pulling Breggers, Yuli to 3rd, Correa starting pitcher....I mean yeah it was already annoying enough to see us lose, then I gotta see that ****.

It'll be a new day tomorrow, though. Time to dust that trash game off and get back to work.

14. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Not blaming Tom Halion at all but just an observation...last time he was behind the plate, the Astros looked pretty bad by swinging at balls against the White Sox. Let's Hope tomorrow's better. We won 3 straight against the Red Sox. Lets do it again!

jklb and Tfor3 like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At least we didn’t get no hit. I’m gonna consider that a victory

phasors28 likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

The post I responded to said “Gentleman’s Sweep.” Said poster has also made numerous posts in this thread talking about how the Braves will win this series.

That’s not venting frustration. It’s called being a lame troll.

I, too, have no tolerance for stupid suggestions like benching Michael Brantley for Jose Siri, or moving Gurriel off 1B like you are playing MLB The Show.

I’m as pissed off as anyone here by that pathetic offensive display. When the Astros hold a team to two runs, that should be a win with their offense.

#4456 DVauthrin, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    marks0223 likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

I've grown to hate baseball.

18. STR8Thugg

They weren't seeing the ball well tonight, that's for sure. I'd blame the weather but atlanta played with the same conditions and found a way to hit the ball hard a few times.

We were lucky to chop one through the shift.

Meditate. Sleep. Eat. Crush the **** out of lots and lots of baseballs.

Dopamine and DVauthrin like this.
  19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Don't listen to gatekeepers. We all love the team and anyone should feel justified in talking **** or expressing their disappointment in w/e manner after losses like this.

hopefully they get it together in game 4

Dopamine likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This really sucks. I wish I could eat whataburgers until I pop. But, that's not the answer. I guess I'll just try and sleep. I'm definitely not in a calm state, though. I'm pissed off!