1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Well truly believe the Comets could have beaten the Rockets once upon a time

2. j@amc

j@amc Member

Green's current game showcased on G-League Ignite and in high school featured his elite first step, his better-than-average athleticism, and his above-average (for a 19-year-old) 3-point shot. As he continues to work on his craft, those building blocks will put him ahead of many people.

But in the NBA, everyone has an excellent first step. Even your elite first step doesn't create separation like it would at lower levels of competition. And since Green's not stronger yet, he's going to have problems.

In summer league, teams pressured him, and that tied him up a lot. He doesn't have a smooth enough handle to bring the ball up and initiate an offense which he could do against lower-level competition. I think that will iron itself out with time if Green puts in the work, as others have said.

I also suspect that during the preseason, our 19-year olds are working out a lot. When they get in the game, they are hyped up, maybe a little physically tired, and consequently, they lose their mental energy and assignments. It's all happening pretty fast for them. But why worry too much? Let's see Green play 20 games and check back in.

bmelo, ArtV and pippendagimp like this.
  3. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

All the good jump shooters have good shooting form and mechanics. Steph Curry has great form and as a
    result he is a great outside shooter. Jalen Green has a totally unorthodox shooting form. As a result he is a streaky
    shooter at best. A consistent shooting touch will open up other aspects of his game. Time will tell. He could be a bust.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

attention w**** thread.

3 preseason games and DD has quit on our #2 pick.

bye

hakeem94, King1 and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wait so anyone who doesnt give up on our rookie after 3 preseason games when most of us predicted it would take years for him to develop and we also have full examples of other NBA stars who started poorly and are now stars and superstars, have an obsessive unhealthy crush on him? You continue to make no sense.

Aren't you the one obsessing over green. In the last couple of days in numerous threads you go on and on with nonsense filled tirades on a 19 year olds hair and fingernails.

Imagine if the Lakers decided that Kobe was trash after his first season. Kyle Lowry averaged 10 points on 42% shooting when he went to toronto they must be fools for even daring to start that trash guy. Khris Middleton averaged 6 points per game on atrocious shooting his first year. That guy will never amount ot anything right? Harden averaged 9 points on 43% shooting that guy will never be MVP. Rondo averaged 3 assists his rookie year man this guy will never be a good point guard yikes. Tyson Chandler averaged 4 rebounds a game as a rookie, this dude has no business in the NBA not like some day he'll be defensive player of the year or something he's trash. Paul George average 7.8 points his rookie year as a starter man he's trash never be anything that guy. Demarr Derozan 8.6 ppg, Dirk with 8 points per game on 40% shooting his first year Cuban was crazy for not trading him his first year wow what a bust. Jimmy Butler 2.6 ppg man this guy will never lead a team to the finals why is he even in the NBA. Iso Joe got isoed for just 7 ppg, Deron 10ppg, STEVE NASH 3 POINTS PER GAME MY GOD dude will never be a 2 time MVP because if players play badly their first year it means they're trash so why bother. You are a horrible poster you know nothing about basketball. People are not defending Jalen because "they have a crush" they are defending him because you are wrong and your posts are nonsense.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Dr. Lemonte with a Masters in bullshit graduated trump university, yes thanks Dr. for that wonderful display of **** posting thank you. Round of applause. You sure do know exactly what you're talking about The Rockets should hire you as assistant to the asistant of not knowing **** about shooting, basketball and/or most anything thank you.

#366 Joe Rocket, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's worthless. Needs to quit eating if anything

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

wait, I’m confusion! Is saying that Curry is a great shooter also a Trump-thing now?

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I didnt say he was a Trump follower learn to read.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

I do read! You said he graduated from Trump University. Are you saying they teach there about how great a shooter Curry is? I find this surprising, given Curry’s left-wing, San Francisco values bend. You guys need to make a table for what is "woke’ and what is “Trump”, you’re all over the place…

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You dont comprehend well at all. Seems like you have trouble understanding the most simple things. Either you're an idiot are you pretend to be one really well. I also think you're a bit obsessed with Jalen and its sad pathetic and unhealthy. BTW Since I have to break everything down for you, Saying someone went to a trash school doesnt mean you follow the person the school is named after dimwitt it just means they went to a trash school lol But I see you were really eager to go to a political place so you're outing yourself there a bit and I now completely understand why you seem so dumb. I think my experience on this board will be 100x improved with you ignored.

#371 Joe Rocket, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    i3artow i3aller and majicdonjuan like this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

yeah, I can see you’re frothing at the mouth over something, but still not clear over what. You need to work on your communication skills if you want people to understand what exactly you’re upset with…

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Green can eventually fix his form. He's young so his ways aren't necessarily set in stone. He has alot of improving to do. Time will tell if he really has the work ethic to get him where he wants to be. The problem is he put a giant bulls eye on his back. Defenders are all going to want a piece of him. Calling yourself the next kobe bryant will do that. It also sets expectations to be extremely high. So my biggest fear is if we put him out there too soon does he get injured. I still think we should allow him to come off the bench. Give him adequate time to focus on his shooting mechanics. Let him build his NBA body without an injury hindering it.

harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I would like he just focuses on fundamentals, you can play basketball if youre shooting isnt steph level.. i mean just look at Benn Samsung, hes anallstar, dpoy, and half the league is salivating over him and Morey wont trade him except for 20 frps

NewAge likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y so angry.
    Poster has an opinion that green might b a bust due to his unorthodox shooting form since it makes him a streaky shooter.
    Sounds like a pretty okay take as casuals.

tycoonchip and vlaurelio like this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think life is passing him by... Josh Giddey is now all the rage, The White Bing Samsonite

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wash your mouth with soap and water son! Ben Sitmonths is an allstar and 2nd in DPOY and giddeyboy is just a preseason hype... call me when he does something in the playoffs

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Is this the biggest problem of his shot?

NewAge likes this.