1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

absolutely

The hope would be that we see red and start swinging bigger ... and missing .

hope guys stay focused and continue seeing the ball well and working the count when possible

AuburnRocket likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

*** CHICAGO

RasaqBoi and Dgn1 like this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I honestly see NOTHING which would prevent me from McCullers tomorrow and Framber Wednesday if necessary. They are our best two pitchers. In the playoffs, you have to play your best every game and let the games you might not even play take care of themselves.

Tuesday Lance Wins
    Start Valdez Friday

Tuesday Lance Loses
    Start Framber Wednesday

It's as simple as that.

Tomstro and Yordan The Great like this.
  4. Radricky

Radricky Member

My head tells me to start Lance in game 4 and go for the kill.
    That being said if we lose I'll be nervous af in game 5 with framber.

5. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

6. mulletman

mulletman Member

Reminds me of the time Mo Williams went after Troy Daniels in the playoffs with his "He know what he did...." B.S.
    He thought he was being a genius by fabricating that nonsense, but he mostly just looked like a clown before, during, and after the episode

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This should make Urquiddy available to be a bridge guy in case Lance (or Framber) has thrown too many pitches and its only the 4th or 5th.

8. Landry's Tooth

Not sure how we can know given the discepancies....

Still haven't heard a good reason for the scanning of ballots in Michigan or Georgia without any supervision. Haven't heard a valid explanation why we should count some AZ votes more than once...

AuburnRocket and jayfree like this.
  9. Elienator

Elienator Member

I don’t think it’s crazy to ask if holding back LMJ maximizes your chance of winning the series.

Even if you think Urquidy should get the start, McCullers in game 4 on the road and Urquidy in game 5 at home is better than the reverse. It also opens Valdez to start if you think that’s better. If McCullers wasn’t on regular rest for game 4 it would be a different story.

I don’t think the just win game 4 take is necessarily wrong though. Weird things happen in a winner take all game. If you can significantly increase your odds of avoiding it that usually helps your chances of winning one of two.

lkrockets likes this.
  10. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I do like when the morons just come out and say “ignore me” so I don’t have to guess whose opinions are worthless.

11. Landry's Tooth

I find it strange you would imply you know with certainty but not share an explanation for the unusual behavior by people.

Give me an explanation for it that doesn't involve cheating. Why so hard unless there's truth to it?

It's possible Biden won. Not all duplicate votes are for Biden.

It's possible there's a reason they separated a batch of over 100k Biden votes and turned them in as a single batch. I just don't see anyone explaining why they would take the time to separate votes and do batches based on only one of the offices up for election.

I'm just curious from an intellectual perspective. Why the strange behavior?

I guess you don't care. That's your right to not be curious. I would just want to know the win was legit. I wanted the Russian investigation for that reason. Without it Trump wouldn't have been vindicated and Hillary tied to it....

Not trying to get political, just astonished at the certainty given all the unresolved news out there...

AuburnRocket, Tfor3 and SooneRockStro like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

My point is that Urquidy is like a 5 inning max guy right now. Framber has more of a history of going deeper in games.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Shut the **** up about the election, for God's sake. Stop polluting my playoff thread with that horseshit. I would say take it to the D&D, but even that is ****ing stupid at this point. Seriously, just shut the **** up.

Nick_713, jim1961, BMoney and 9 others like this.
  15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It’s ok, he probably thinks everything CNN tells him is true.

16. Yordan The Great

I'm in agreement with this line of thinking.

I love Urquidy but likelihood is your best possible outcome is he only gives you four or five good innings and you're having to use the bullpen which we obviously don't trust still.

17. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I think the day off helps the Astros. Better teams win over the long haul and the Astros are the more playoff-tested, experienced team. The White Sox are the unproven newcomers.
    • McCullers goes a strong 6
    • Pressly gets the 9th
    • Just need two solid innings out of Graveman/Stanek/Maton

18. Buck Turgidson

This.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

In regards to the Tepera comments, I gotta say, the white sox fans on reddit are laughing at Tepera just as much as us Astros fans are. That is pretty funny. Tepera is a complete idiot though!

everyday eddie, cmoak1982 and awc713 like this.
  20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

While, this is very true in this 5 game series. But in a 7 game series, I just don't see the Astros getting away with that in a 7 game series versus the Rays, Dodgers, Giants or even Brewers.

Too many of the starters are not used to consistently going 7 innings. Also, there may be a few extra inning games, where you may have to buy an inning or two from another reliever.