1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 10/7/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2021.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Ok I just wanted confirmation. Certified blind as a bat.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never said I had a source. He’s shorter than Dedmon on the Heat who’s listed as 6’10. He looks quite short. True centers are bigger and longer. The top centers in the league are all above 6’10 and 250. Jokic, nurkic, gobert, ayton, embiid. Heck even Javel McGee is 7ft. Massive men with height. PJ Tucker is not a true center meaning he was undersized but played center. Wood is not a true center. Skinny AF but played center. Covington. I could go on. Smaller. Weaker. Shorter. Sengun is In this category as he is quite shorter than the bigs he plays against at the 5 spot. It’s that simple. And the Rockets continually acquire undersized players for the 5 spot and expect them to bang with these giants. If you do not agree cool dude.

DaDakota and NewAge like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol worked up for no reason. Because you’re his agent? Personal stake in the organization? His boyfriend? Whatever it is quite ridiculous to argue and disrespect me just because I disagree with you. Lol cheers

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Certainly. Did you? Or just in arguing mode? I suggest you re read. Comprehend. Maybe I should spell it out for you. Does not rotate properly. Does not move in right position on help defense. Not aware of ball handlers location because too preoccupied with man assignment. Now what metric measures that? Lol anyway….

#1244 Stephen_A, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  5. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

Thank you for answer. I asked your source, because I have never seen that anywhere before.

Let's compare heights from NBA official page.

Sengun listed as 6'10" 243 lb (not 6'8" as you mentioned before)

https://www.nba.com/player/1630578/alperen_sengun

According your big man standards he must be just fine or average

Dedmon listed as 7'0" 245 lb (not 6'10" as you mentioned)

https://www.nba.com/player/203473/dewayne_dedmon

Sengun is shorter than Dedmon according to NBA page, so it's normal he looks shorter than him.

My aim is not to argue or support Sengun here as a Houston fan, for me actually 1 or 2 inch does not matter or make a big difference in modern NBA, especially for such a player who has sense of basketball and high BBIQ. All these are more important than 1 inch comparison.

Last, Sengun is not a skinny or weak guy for a center. He is already strong and physical guy -who can use his body- considering his age. He has work ethic and he will be stronger in time for sure as source said: “I need to be more powerful, more strong, and that’s it,” Sengun said."
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...en-Sengun-early-returns-matchups-16521712.php

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

The problem with your eye test is that no one, either in NBA, media or the fans, actually agree with your take.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What is so difficult to get? I clearly stated my opinion that shouldn’t provoke so many rebuttals and emotions and citing sources just to prove a point lol. It is what it is but that’s the nature of most people on this site. Arguing just to argue lol. I never said Sengun is weaker you said that. I never said anything about IQ either. The point as I clearly stated was Sengun is shorter and undersized and the rockets history of signing undersized players at the 5. To me he looks 6’8 as I clearly stated and seems shorter than Wood even. I misspoke about dedmons height Great. But Sengun didn’t look much taller than Butler and shorter than Wood. Question still is why are you so emotional about this to try so hard to prove me wrong? That’s the disconcerting part about this. Why? It aint that serious.

#1247 Stephen_A, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Your opinion. My opinion. The problem is you seeing it as a problem

#1248 Stephen_A, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Any way to record this game?

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

63 pages for a preseason game is pretty RAD!

mightybosstone, D-rock and fryjol7 like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. rockets13champs

My point was baby steps. Let them get acclimated and then u go to that intensity when their body is ready for it

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really hope to see some system tonight, because right now it looks like we have too many player in the rotation and we look WAY worse and disorganized, and I would like to see growth.

DD

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I really dont have a problem with your opinion.

Not everyone can be right.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

HIRE GUNDY!!!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm anxious to see Wall and Gordon traded and out of here to be honest.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WE NEED A GAMETHREAD!

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm good with that but let's not give away Gordon, gotta get something back. Wall I would be ecstatic to be able to trade without giving up assets/taking trash back.

20. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Are you EvanZ from RealGM who made 50 pages long prospect tread about whether sengun is 6'8" or 6'9" before draft.