1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is true pro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 28, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Please elaborate

ThatBoyNick, Jontro and Astrodome like this.
  2. napalm06

I aint gonna waste time hating on Wall, he's been decent. I more hate the Washington front office that signed him to a poison deal.

To the people who keep saying "I'm not paying the checks so I don't care", basketball operates under a salary cap system and the ability to improve the team from its current state is dependent on the salary sizes of players coming in and going out. This is one of the fundamental parts of roster building. Read a book. Do a report. Get a buck.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You're absolute right. That 40 million dollars John Wall is wasting on our roster could be going to a collective group of players who are objectively worse than John Wall such as Daniel Theis! Imagine if we had three more Daniel Theis on this team! Then we could POSSIBLY make it to the play-in! Oh wait. You know what? How about we just use that salary cap to go sign a big name free agent! Someone like Kyle Lowry or Kawhi Leonard would have definitely considered Houston if we just had all that free cap space! It's not like we're in the middle of a rebuild or anything.

John Wall's contract is nothing to cry about. This isn't Ryan Anderson being paid $18 million a year where we are extremely close to the luxury tax and competing for a championship. The Rockets are closer to picking top-3 in the 2022 NBA draft than they are playing a single game in the 2021-22 play-in tournament.

Also, keep this in mind. The Rockets traded for John Wall and his contract. You can't blame dude. Blame Rafael Stone. Either way, John Wall's contract does not hinder the Rockets future nearly as much as you wish to believe. We are absolutely fine and trippin over John Wall is just dumb

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

As long as he's realistic about his contract and trade options and doesn't pull a Vince Carter on us, I'm all for it.

We're lucky we're not trying to compete for a title right now and are at the start of a rebuild and we're also lucky Wall is fine with mentoring the young players. A lot of players in his position would probably through a hissy fit and refuse to show up to anything outside of collecting his checks.

:)

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

true pro my ass: talks sht about harden, we only want players that want to b here.

proceeds to want out the following season.

At least harden carried trash teams to playoffs, this man gave up after 1 season.
    only good thing he's done the past season was b a tank commander. Anyone could do that sht at a cheaper price

6. napalm06

Stop, stop. I yield. You only needed one sentence to create a straw man argument that in no way addressed the point. The rest are just unnecessary.

7. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

Better than using an asset if he's willingly to sit.

#youthmovement