1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 1st rounders for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 firsts for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

AGAIN - You only include extremely protected FRPs in a deal for Simmons, like top 10 protected through 2025.
    The organization, has to hope they are competing for top 4 seed in western conference every year at this point so those picks are like 20's to 30's and odds of a star player are significantly lower.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly why I think his attitude is a worse issue than his lack of shooting. Some people keep hoping that IF he is used correctly, he will be great. But it's not for you and me, not even for the coach to say how he is used correctly. It's all in Simmons's head. He plays the way he wants to play. Nobody is going to change that. In his mind, he is so great that the team needs to fit around him, not the other way around.

Good luck convincing him to play the PF-C role.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I would really prefer to have a development year with KPJ/JG before a move like this, but opportunity only knocks once to get a guy with his kind of impact.

I’m at the point where I might do this trade. Truth is, if it just doesn’t work, there will be other teams that will take a flier on him with a trade, but you probably have to outbid those teams right now to make it happen meaning it may not make sense for us. His value is at an all time low, but his contract is going to be harder to move if he sours here as well. I’M TORN!

I do find it interesting that there are 2 players making similar money who have already said they will not be playing for their team this year. Just sayin, lol.

Y2JT and D-rock like this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Nah, Westbrook was suppose to be our best or second best player that could not shoot...very frustrating....Simmons would be our 4th best shooter behind Wood, Scooter, Green and then Simmons. This would work....great defense with Garuba, Tate and Nwaba. But Morey is not going to trade him to us.

D-rock likes this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What if we do this trade:
    Rockets get Simmons
    Toronto get Wall....they need a point guard
    76ers get Siakam and House....all star and a additional shooter
    and we give us 2 or 3 draft picks

OR,,,,

Clippers get Wall
    Rockets get Simmons
    76ers get Gordon, Kennard and Bledsoe....and draft picks

For the next two or three years WE would have a DPOY and a All Star Simmons
    Another All Star: Wood
    and either Scooter or Green a All Star
    Garuba on the All Defensive team

D-rock likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No room for diva cowards on this team. Our core is young and impressionable as it is, why would we want to add someone with Simmons attitude to that? Plus, he is an absolutely atrocious fit for our team.

luckyman76, dmoneybangbang and YOLO like this.
  7. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I somewhat agree. Especially considering that we are most likely gonna have to give a frp to whoever takes Wall off of our hands anyway.

It’s also interesting that the two have been working out together in LA lol

D-rock likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

It's just not worth the risk that the Sixers will accept. When you keep having to convince yourself, "well if Simmons just does this.... or that" then it's a shrewd move to look elsewhere. This is a supposed elite playmaker who couldn't figure out how to play with Embiid, not to mention couldn't be bothered to get better at free throws.

Lets keep our powder dry.

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/9/28/22698824/ben-simmons-trade-philadelphia-76ers

JoeBarelyCares, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagine liking a comment/post about how you should be allowed to go Giannis on a team but when your current team says to you they are prepared to make that happen by staggering minutes so that you're in a small ball 5 set up, you're not enthused. Lol this kid here. Some of y'all b****ed about Harden but at least he carried his team. This kid can't even make up his mind on what he wants.

luckyman76 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ah, the Mystery Box strategy - brilliant.

Let's choose the mystery box which might have a potential All Star player or multiple All Star players instead of taking the actual multiple All Star player.

Amirite?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not going to get rich or even laid with that strategy.

13. dmoneybangbang

In the context of Simmons vs a Mystery Box..... you go for the box.

All Stars mean very little when you hide in your shell when it comes to playoffs. Do we really want to use our powder on a regular season player?

14. dmoneybangbang

Because if we don't get Simmons now, there'll never be another opportunity to make a trade. When you fall for a player, you really fall for them. :rolleyes:

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

OMG... he is this generation's Dwight Howard.

luckyman76 and Easy like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nah, I'm good either way.

I just like to fvck around with stupid people.

Please continue holding your dick in your hand hoping a super model is waiting for you around the corner.

17. dmoneybangbang

Dwight at least showed up big in the playoffs during his Magic tenure.

Easy likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Clearly.... you haven't been on the Simmons train....... with all your posts.....starting from the Harden trade thread...... ;)

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I wanted an All Star in return for Harden, he was best available.

His skillset fits with our young players too AND Rockets rumored to still be interested.

Sounds like the organization are also on the Simmons train too, for the right price.

Only a peanut brain like yourself rather rely on your myopic misconceptions about what is best for team.

Rockets have obviously been interested and continue to pursue the possibilities.

You continue being you.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’m somewhat concerned that like Howard he will refuse to adapt his game to his strengths. When we signed Howard I remember LAL fans lamenting that the issue was Dwight wanted post ups instead of pnr and we saw the same problem in Hou.

If Simmons won’t adjust his game to become more like Giannis or Draymond then he’s going to continue to be a problem.

luckyman76 and Easy like this.