1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. cdastros

cdastros Member

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, the rules are rules, and as mayor she should live up to them. If she wanted exceptions for indoor events where everyone is required to provide proof of vaccination (which apparently was the case here), then that should have been in the rule.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

rules are rules

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

$5.7 billion is the price of ... freedumb.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

B-Bob likes this.
  6. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Kick him out. Vaccination status is not a protected class.

Here's what the protection from discrimination on NYC covid website says

No religious or medical exemptions https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/cchr/downloads/pdf/KeyToNYC_FactSheet-BusinessGuidance.pdf

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Crazy is color blind.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

#Freedumb

LabMouse likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jeez, that guy is obnoxious.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like she got what she asked for along with a dose of truth. Covid is not a hoax!!!!

The Covid is a hoax cult cry a different story when they are slapped a dose of reality and sick as a dog or lying in an ICU bed fighting for their lives.

11. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

its insane that both Mississippi and Louisiana has passed New York in death per millions in population and Mississipi now has highest death rate out of any state considering the difference in population density. The gap is widening and its not even winter yet. Red states are also 6 out of the top 10 in death rate, which again is pretty incredible considering the difference in population density.

IBTL likes this.
  12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Just let those people go to hell, no more waste of money. I feel some doctors just want to make money by treating those idiots.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's not a revolt...comrade Commodore.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's some cross messaging on the other side with this as well. I see some inconsistencies when people declare that "adults can make their own decisions" while criticizing how "confusing" the mandates or masking protocols have become. Granted, the details do change over time, but the fact has always remained that masking always reduces transmission when everyone does it.

But because of the inconvenience of masking, people prod and demand exceptions that run counter or contrary to the original fact.

So it's more like...I know masking all the time reduces transmitting covid, but I don't like it. So how much my risk is it if I don't? Tell me how much my chances are outdoors! I need to know mine indoors as well. I vaxed, how much my risk is it now?? This is like me speeding right?? I do that all the time. I made my decision on that too!

You aren't sure?? What does probability density mean?? You're bullshit. Your science is bullshit!!

What they don't want to admit is that these decisions aren't all personal choice. Your decisions affect the risk of everyone else in the commons. Just because you were responsible one day doesn't mean your risk profile matches your choices.

It's a very anti-individualistic reality given that we all live together in densely populated areas.

#8595 Invisible Fan, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Revolt isn't it. It's FDA operating independently as it should and the WH admin has said it's condition upon FDA approval. What the WH did is prepare for it. Imagine if FDA said yes and it takes another month to prime the pipeline and get the shots out. And they did say a limited yes - EUA for 3rd shots for people 65+ and individuals at high risk of severe Covid-19.

I agree with the FDA decision. I have been saying for weeks now that I don't think the data point to booster for the general population. For selected, yes, absolutely.

#8596 Amiga, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    ElPigto likes this.
  17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

give poor @Commodore a break. Trumpers need to be mad about something, need to pounce on Biden, But there just hasn’t been enough material and it’s already been 9 months. Totally unfair. Biden keeps doing the centrist bi-partisan thing, and it’s annoying as hell. Why won’t the b*stard say something totally idiotic. Even Jill can’t be counted on to be vapid, insensitive or dumb.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, we know. A few weeks or even months ago, when Delta came out, a few of us here point out that mathematically, herd immunity isn't possible, even at 100% vaccination. The point of mandate is indeed to save lives, return to normal including having folks with acute conditions able to access hospital and not die. And it does very much slow spread down. Why is that important? There is still a large population that can't be vaccinated yet.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, I hope @Commodore and anyone on the fence about vaccination read and understand the reason behind the FDA decision. Covid vaccines are still very protective.

20. TheresTheDagger

Pretty piss poor "preparation" then.