1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

The final act of the U.S. war in Afghanistan was a drone strike in Kabul that killed 10 people, including 6 children. Our exit strategy was awful but thank goodness we're finally out of there.

dachuda86 and durvasa like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The US needs to publicly acknowledge and hold themselves accountable for this unacceptable act. Initial reports that they killed known terrorists were evidently totally fabricated.

3. TheresTheDagger

JFC...

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

running this sh*t son ..great post

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And this is the problem with what ignorant folks like @DaDakota folks say. The whole “we liberated them and it’s time they fight for themselves” bullshit. The intelligence, the tactics, the profiteering was at the expense of afghan and servicemember lives.

the final act in this displays the war over the last two decades in such an ironic fashion, yet people still wonder why things turned out the way they did

Astrodome and Pistol Pete like this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

Interesting interview with Glenn Greenwald. He posits the theory that the U.S. Government/Military knew Afghanistan was going to collapse like a house of cards almost immediately but drove the "ANA can take over competently" narrative because that lie was much more palatable then "Yea, we know they are gonna collapse like a house of cards, but whatever, f*** em"

Makes a lot of sense. It's hard to believe our intelligence services and military is so poorly informed that they really didn't see this coming. They saw it coming, they just lied to make the whole thing more palatable.

Starts around 4:00

Astrodome likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A perfect metaphor for the war itself. An utter failure that didn't defeat the enemy and killed a ton of innocent lives.

Seriously who is OK with this? F Joe Biden. He needs to be REMOVED.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m SHOCKED that those Trumpers here who here hyperventilating about Biden “abandoning” 100 or so Americans still in Afghanistan aren’t jumping for joy that it looks like nearly all of those Americans are now out of the country.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** this **** man. Can anyone blame the family of these people if they take up arms to attack US entities and allies?

Absolutely horrible. Biden needs to acknowledge this **** and publicly apologize. I know it providers little to no comfort for the family members but we need to start owning up to our **** ups that have killed thousands upon thousands of civilians.

Not only is it morally outrageous, it also results in excellent terrorist recruitment fodder.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  10. Jalen Green OnlyFan

If you are still stuck in Afghanistan, message me

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...just to be sure I understand you, you think a President that screws up and contributes to the deaths of innocent lives by making bad decision(s) should be removed from office?

mdrowe00, Ottomaton and Andre0087 like this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, their intelligence was basically watching this guy from a drone in the sky loading a bunch of water containers into a car and basically assuming the worst that he was loading explosives and ready to suicide bomb? That's pretty f-ed up if true. I don't think terrorists create car bombs out in the open like that. I guess common sense flew out the window in this case. I guess we don't have to wonder why a lot of these people hate us over there because they have had their doses of US terror over the last 20 years. But, we chose our targets carefully to minimize civilian casualties.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

The ****ing killers are finally defeated and gone for good.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

As long as the CCP regime has power the new killers are just getting started. **** the CCP…

IBTL likes this.
  16. Jalen Green OnlyFan

If you are an American stuck in Afghanistan and reading this, then pm me.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Negotiating with terrorists sucks but at least we are almost all out of there. The sequence left a lot to be desired but maybe biden had bad information.

Deckard likes this.
  18. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Americans: China da genocide against Muslims.

Also Americans: Taliban da radical Islam extremists.

China & Taliban: We besties.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well howbout their pets though

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya I typed that they at least should show an appearance of happiness just so their crocodile tears for their concern weren't so obvious. But I guess they just don't care anymore to be so blatant.

dobro1229 likes this.