1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Will KPjr put up 20 & 10 this year?

1. Yes

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

My guy .. Scooter put up 6 assists per game LAST YEAR!! In his first ever PG role. Are you gaslighting me or what?

OkayAyeReloaded and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think you're missing the point entirely. It has nothing to do with my own perception, the number of NBA players who've averaged 10 apg is miniscule. 6apg is not a rare thing at all, 10 is so rare that only 4 players in the last 5 years managed it. In the last 10 years it's 7 players. You're treating it like it's a regular occurrence when in fact in a decade Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Wall, Rondo, Paul and Nash are the only people to manage it. You seem to think it's a forgone conclusion that KPJ, who like you rightly say is new to the position can easily make the leap to doing what multiple all star PG's who've been playing the position since they were children haven't managed to do in their entire careers. Do you not see how ridiculous your take is?

jordnnnn and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

No..... especially since we still have Wall.

I'll be rooting for him, but there are going to be a lot of mouths to feed.

Nook likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think KPJ will play as a Small Forward as a Starter.

John Wall can't play heavy minutes or back to backs.

Kevin Porter Jr has many opportunities to play the Point Guard position when Wall sits.

5. VoR

VoR Member

I see 18 and 6. He's still developing.

6. dmoneybangbang

Right, but 10APG is a lot and development isn't always linear.

I see 18 and 7 assuming Wall mostly plays and isn't traded.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

I was thinking 1.8 but rounded up to not be overly specific on that one. He's quick. In 35 minutes I can see him pulling it off.

D-rock likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Wood, Green & Sengun will help his numbers. Having people around that can finish is more important than the pass at times. We seen countless blown assets because of ease missed goals.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Consistency from 3 and getting to FT line will boost his scoring.

10. Dash

Dash Member

people are seriously underestimating the amount of easy assists KPJ is going to have with this new core. he was playing with a g league squad talent wise for a good portion of last year, adjusting to a new position, and still averaged almost 7 assists. 10 assists this year is easily achievable if we all stay healthy

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Again, in the last 10 years, only 7 players have averaged 10 or more assists. Stop acting like it's an easy thing to do, it's really not. KPJ is a brand new PG, why do you think it's going to be easy for him to do what All Star point guards who've played the position their entire life haven't managed to achieve?

cmlmel77 likes this.
  12. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Many people here never really look at numbers or think critically. They just spout opinions assertively with minimal thought.

I love KPJ and think he will have a terrific year. He also has no chance at 10 assists. 18 & 7 would be an amazing year given the context and other “mouths to feed”.

fattz and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont see Scooter dropping one extra dime per quarter as "ridiculous". I mean you have some of your cohorts who didnt even know what his ACTUAL stats where without having to provide the context of last seasons Rocket roster.

I mean nobody even acknowledges what he did last year was special! LOL "just six assists whats so special about that" right? Goalposts have been moving for KP ever since he got here. Its all good! Considering the amount of fluff and hyperbole that manifests itself here my take is right in line then. I also think this team could challenge for the play in! GASP! Life of a fake fan I guess.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I get it. I prefer to be the fanatic in this instance. I was on board with this kid from the second he was brought in and have been fighting for him since. No big deal for me really. It will make scaling that mountain ever the more sweet.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

6 assists in not special, it's pretty normal. 10 assists is so special only 7 players have managed it in the last 10 years. You're completely deluded. I don't care what "my cohorts" say, they literally have nothing to do with me and it's a nonsense diversion tactic. KPJ is a brand new PG, the only players in the last 10 years to average 10 assists are Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Paul, Wall, Rondo and Nash. That's a rare achievement, not something that's easy to achieve like you think it is. Don't quote me again, it's a waste of my time talking to people who literally don't understand a thing about basketball.

jordnnnn and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL OK. You've said your piece. Repeating the same anecdotal evidence every single time does not mean that KPJ COULDNT get to 10apg per game. Sure you can play the statistics game and in the end be right. I rather embrace the player and the ride and use my own deductive reasoning to make my opinion. Not sure why you're so eager to be combative and pretend to be some basketball genius that has to bless the rest of the world with his advanced knowledge of the game. Write a book - I'll buy it. Might be easier that way.

Remember all you'll ever have to say is "Im glad I was wrong" - remember that when you come for heads next year.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ten assists is never easily attainable. Only Westbrook did it last year. I love KPJ and believe we have added some offensive firepower in a healthy Wood and Green, but he is not going to average 10 assists. If he does it will be a historical achievement. If Wall goes down or is traded he has a chance at 8 or 8.5. I look for both his scoring and assists numbers to go up a bit. 17 pt 7.5 assists is my prediction.

Dobbizzle and cmlmel77 like this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

He will be our best player

19. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

If KPJ averages 20&10, that almost certainly makes him an All-NBA first teamer and a strong contender for the MVP. Let's hope that happens.

20. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

https://www.basketballnews.com/stor...evin-porter-jr-at-point-guard-houston-rockets

Author does a good job of explaining how KPJ's talent helps him do the difficult 1v1, self-creation stuff, but his inexperience at PG and shaky decision-making leave a lot of easy opportunities on the table. I found it pretty impressive he averaged 6 assists despite that.

20-10 is super optimistic though. Maybe eventually, but it's not just whether or not KPJ figures it out, its also scheme, and touches.