1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garuba and Real Madrid have reached a buyout agreement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Aug 10, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

TD would dominate today like he did back in the day.

saleem likes this.
  2. BonziWellsGOAT

I think maybe he just needed a couple of games to get comfortable. Especially since he just came off the Olympics straight to SL

D-rock, roslolian and UTSA2step like this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Any chance he can develop a shot other than a dunk? Free throw form is awful which means his outside shot will be bad. Fantastic defensively no doubt. Good value for 23rd pick.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

He arrived in Vegas the evening before his debut and even said after the game in an interview that he was exhausted after traveling from Tokyo to Spain and then to Vegas but he just wanted to be out there with his teammates no matter what.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has the potential to develop a 3 point shot. He has rudimentary post up footwork. He is a hard worker. It may take him up to 2 years to develop a decent offensive game.

D-rock likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That is just crazy.

dawesome, D-rock, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Largely at C, like he did back in the day.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah TD was a PF, in fact he got angry when he got put at C during the all star game.

saleem likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I’d be looking to develop him like Giannis. Ball-handling, passing and constant downhill attacks.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Not really true. Spent a ton of time at C even back in those days.

Would play C today, especially when it is winning time.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Raptors developing Barnes?

Interesting.

roslolian likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

TD would play C when it is winning time but he still played PF most of his career and b****ed about it when he got listed as a C in an allstar game. Its like Lebron, Lebron played pf when it is winni g time but he classifies himself as an SF.

We dont know what position TD would play today we dont have a time machine. But given how he b****ed about being put at C officially chances are TD would still play Pf today.

I know C is the no brainer but putting people at C is how your prized big man gets injured. Pops already solved that code by having somebody else be center. Sengun is only 6'9/6'10 and smaller and nimbler than your typical center. I dont really want him getting hit by Gobert, Embiid, Jokic et all on a nightly basis or being told to put on a lot more muscle mass so he can match up with 7'1 foot monsters and again become injury prone.

Sengun id a traditional low post big he loves to go HARD at the rim and get fouled. Matching him up against much bigger guys is asking for trouble long term a couple years later we gonna be talking about how Sengun is talented but is extremely injury prone smh.

#154 roslolian, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I would do it with sengun also

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Sengun is not, and never will be a forward.

Matching up with “bigger” guys does not make you more injury prone. Myth…

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think it is so funny that we "wasted" 4 first round picks on this draft and I absolutely love everyone one of the players we got. Usman is another high energy player that is not timid and sticks his nose in every play. I do want another high lotto pick but I want the majority of our minutes distributed between Wood, Green KPJ, Tate, KMJ, Sengun, Garuba, Christopher. I never expected a rebound of young talent this fast and know that not everyone will pan out but dammit give them the minutes to play and gel together because I think we have the beginnings of something special. I would love to lose and grow with this team next year. It will be so damn exciting to watch knowing they will do nothing but get better rapidly. Get Wall and Gordon out of here as quickly as possible with minimal minutes.

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I'm not trying to ignore Mobley's potential as a player, but looking at Garuba's defensive potential, I think the Rockets have almost equal value 20 picks later!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]