1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

It doesnt make sense because it would cost too many assets. Its not like OKC would absorb 41M contract with multiple years left for a protected 2nd round pick right? Its gonna take significant assets to move him.

Wall isnt healthy he isnt gonna play 39 mpg next year. Theres more than enough PT for KPJ who is our only pg. Wall's PT has no bearing on Green, christopher and most especially Christian Wood wtf.

Nook likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

BUT CAN HE GUARD THE PNR???

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

those numbers are RIDICULOUS, in 25 minutes! Mvp

yes yes I know, only been two games. Not like he’s done that over a full season in a tough league or anything

4. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

Sample size = 1, but I got the opposite feeling from the first game.

Great post.

I think Green had 6 TOs, actually.

The first 4 in the Q1 are in the first 36 seconds, then a really bad one at 1:50 (Q3) when under pressure, and maybe the worst at 2:48 (Q4) during a fast break.

His catch-and-shoot and his step-back to the left looked buttery, but I still have concerns about his low and (sometimes) slow release.
    His shot is also pretty inconsistent.
    I think I've seen at least 3 airballs from him and 3 blocked shots on him in these two games (though a lot of these are due to his struggles with his handles atm).

I think it's one SL, and there's ample time to work on these things. No reason to worry yet. But he's super raw to me.

5. alethios

alethios Member

I'd like to see the Mitchell-Cade matchup. Bouknight is still having nightmares.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Keep those good vibes rolling!

i3artow i3aller, Rudyc281 and Tfor3 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

No Sengun option????

hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Casuals

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Both ESPN and NBA.com have Green with 4 TOs.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pistons young core may not even be as good as Cavs young core.

Ford unable to see the obvious?

hakeem94, JayGoogle, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  11. j@amc

j@amc Member

Agreed. I'm trying to remember one defensive sequence in which Scola was a difference-maker, holding his ground for the blocked shot. I suppose it must have happened in his career. But in two games, Sengun has already established himself by altering shots and creating steals. And Scola always had that jump shot on the perimeter. They seem like completely different players who could execute post moves.

hakeem94, CXbby and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's just throw out Sengun's rim protection and disruptive hands in passing lanes.

Offensively, never seen Scola show and go from the arc with such power and ease. And Sengun can finish regularly above the rim too.

And the passing flair.

Love Scola, but Sengun is a different beast.

Nook, cmoak1982, j@amc and 5 others like this.
  13. smr6

smr6 Member

So far we have seen everything we would have hoped to see from Green to highlight his potential as our franchise player of the future.

That being said, Sengun has for sure been the best player on the court through these 2 games so far. I never had concerns for his offense, but was skeptical about his defensive contributions when we took him, and I will gladly hold my hands up and say that not only has it been better than expected, his defense has actually been just straight up good.

Josh Christopher is doing what I hoped he would do and looks like his 1st focus is to give the energy on defense. The more he focuses on that side of the ball the quicker he will find himself getting real NBA minutes. I hope he takes the Chandler Parsons route to game time where he impressed McHale early on by trying to lock guys up. His offense will come in time as he adjusts to not being the primary scorer for a team like he's been for most of his life (outside of AAU with Jalen).

And we haven't even seen the guy I was looking forward to watching the most in Garuba! Im hoping we will see him for at least a game in this Summer League, but even if not he will find himself in the rotation early on since his talent level on defense is something you can't just stash on the bench.

After draft night I was excited but skeptical on Sengun and Christopher. Sengun so far has slapped me in the face for having doubts, and Christopher is more or less what you'd hope to get out of a player drafted late 1st round. He has his flaws, but at #24 his upside and the good flashes he's shown have to excite you for someone taken in that spot.

D-rock and CXbby like this.
  14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

I think they have it wrong, I counted 6 TOs there. Which ones were not?

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im going by what the statisticians reported on the box score. Not really a big deal, only that giving him an extra 2 TOs nonchalantly like that is raising his total by 33% which irks me a bit.

17. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

We can just watch the tape.
    It's a short video.

First 36 seconds, I counted 4. 1:48, then 2:48.

Please, just watch it, and lemme know which ones I mis-attributed. They seem clear-cut to me?

hakeem94 and CXbby like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol and on the Pistons reddit it seems a lot of fans are wondering if they can trade half of these dudes. Yeah, it's a no contest unless you think Cade is the best player in the world.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still gushing about Sengun!

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If it was that cut and dry why do the two most reputable sources for the box score last night have it wrong? Maybe you should send that video in to ESPN and the NBA and have them correct the stat sheet.

If you are trying to frame a "Green commits too many turnovers" argument then you have succeeded!