1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green 25 pts 5 rebs 3 asst 1 stl 10-11 FTs Outduelling Cunningham!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I guess you gotta feature Hayes to maximize his trade potential and bring in a better fit with Cade?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Talk about a waste of time! Thats how teams get mired in a longer rebuild than necessary - no clear vision for the future. Just throwing darts on draft night.

Caesar likes this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He played bigger than a 7 footer

STR8Thugg and saleem like this.
  4. platypus

platypus Member

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    [​IMG]

I'm not so sure about that, after hearing all the Cade height talk I made a conceited effort last night to see if there is a difference.

Cade and Green are about the same height and actually both pretty wirey. Not sure why people think Cade is this 6'8" forward, as he is now he's built a lot like green.

Caesar likes this.
  5. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Cade felt greens power. He’s shook

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ture, but he was likely over 6'11 and got rounded up to 7ft. Shaq and Admiral were 7'1 and Hakeem wasn't more than 2 inches shorter. I feel like Green and Cade have more than a 1" added to their height
    Well you had to take Cade if you were Detroit IMO.
    I'm anxious to see what were going to do with a crowded backcourt and no true point guard or point forward which Green needs. Anxious to see KPj run point and i'm kind of confused why he's not on the summer league roster getting run at the point alongside Green. Now is the time. Just makes no sense to me. Meanwhile Wall has been at both games like he's still a part of the future plans. Wall will be no different than watching Jaygup never pass to Green. So that tells me we have no idea what were going to do. We won't have the guts to bench Wall, so we have to bench 1 of Green or KPj and if were going to bench Green, why are we featuring Jaygup so much if he's going to be in the Gleague and gaining his experience there which means we should feature Green in the gleague and let him make his mistakes as primary ball handler and gain exp.

theDude likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The playmaking and handle isn’t all the way there for Green but that won’t be his job in the pros (this year anyway). Sure, everyone has to pass but setting up teammates will be on wall and porter. If he’s putting in 25 on 11 shots, 3 assists is gravy.

I mean, Sengun is looking like the real deal too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him picking up assists more than Green too.

This draft class man. Garuba come on down. Just be better than Lamb lol

jcmoon and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

He wasn't even a full 2 inches shorter than 7'1 Shaq and Admiral imo, + that ridiculous wingspan. Hakeem being a smaller center is a bit overblown IMO.

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

I still see a more than 1" difference in that screen grab, but they're not too far off. Grant Hill feels so much bigger than watching Cade as well the way i feel MJ/Kobe looked so much bigger than watching Green.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think Green will improve. But I'm not sure what the Rockets are doing trying to turn traditional shooting guards into point guards. It worked for Harden because he's a generational talent. KPJ and Green, these dudes aren't point guards. You wouldn't try to turn Beal or Lavine into a PG either.

jcmoon, saleem and Denovo like this.
  12. platypus

platypus Member

I don't want to sit here and measure inches but in that screen grab green is leaning back and cade is straight up. That and the photo from the draft I think they both are the same height. Which is great for us since so many folks thought Green was not 6'6"

Look back at some Kobe rookie photos and they look pretty similar - I'm sure Green will bulk up some as he ages

Caesar likes this.
  13. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Detroit Reddit in shambles. That game was more fun than every game last year. Should be a good season. It was always cade abd green.

Caesar likes this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I thought Jalen had the better game to be honest. He could've kept forcing up shots and be the "chucker" that his detractors claimed him to be when things weren't going his way, but he instead calmed down and passed the ball out to his teammates when they were double/triple teaming him. He starting running off screens and even had that nice give and go with KJ. Green had that nice cut to the basket when he saw Sengun posting up and realized there was an open lane. If his basketball IQ is bad like some posters in here claimed, he would've camped at the 3pt line instead of cutting for the easy 2. How many young players in the NBA (especially rookies) do you see that knows when to cut to the basket? Very few, in fact I can't think of many. His upside is insane. He scored within the flow of the game and still dropped 25 pts on a very effecient shooting night. He does need to work on getting stronger and tightening his handles which is to be expected from a player at his age. Green right now reminds me of rookie Devin Booker. Booker didn't have the strength and handles that allows him to create shots for himself until 2-3 years later. Green has all the tools to be an all time great, it just depends on him to get there.

BigM and BossHogg713 like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

the blitzing made this a very unequal comparison. Cade was getting played straight up, while Green was getting double and triple teamed early. Cade definitely stole Greens cookies a few times, but I was very impressed that Green didn’t get baited into making this a #1 vs #2 game.

For all the talk about Cade just wanting to win and Green being the personal stats guy, that is not at all how the game played out.

I really can’t wait to see KPJ with Green.

theDude, Caesar and TriumVirate like this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see the summer league as a platform for the team to see rookies and second year players who are still kind of an enigma. It gives them a chance to show the team where they are developmentally. The team will use that time to determine their fit with the team in the big picture. From there they will use the pre-season to start seeing fit within the team as we will see it during the season and trying to find good combinations.

I don’t think you necessarily have to bench Green or KPJ. You just run a 3-guard lineup for stretches. I expect it to be pretty rough at times, but that’s what you have to go through during a rebuild. I think ultimately they will all be better for it.

Moe, jcmoon and Caesar like this.
  17. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Like I said in my previous post, Green detractors called him a black hole or a chucker, but he showed last night that he is neither. People say he didn't look aggressive, but in my eyes I see Green reading the defense much better in the second half and looked to get his teammates involved instead of forcing shots up. He didn't get baited into a 1 vs 2 battle, instead he looked to score within the flow of the offense. I'm very impressed with his basketball IQ. He showed a lot of maturity in last night's game.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

we need a screen grab with both of them in the same posture. Then measure at the shoulders and eyes. Measuring at the top of the head is useless.

Eye height gives you the ability to “see” over the top. Shoulder height gives you more verticality. The top of your head does nothing, and can easily be thrown off by hair.

Caesar likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was most impressed that he recognized that he was trying to force things early on, leading to several turnovers in the first quarter and he had the maturity to take a step back and fill a different role where he thrived the rest of the game.

When the defense is selling out to stop you, move the ball around and before you know it the defense has to adjust and you can clean up off ball.

To me, that says a lot about him.

saleem, BigM, fchowd0311 and 4 others like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pistons tried to embarrass JG and he took his lumps and just kept persevering. That's grit. That's the dog and heart that everyone was talking about. He handled it well and was able to process in real time what was going on. He has a high IQ and still needs to modify his game, but for the first time ever being treated like James Harden he did well. JG had 4 TOs and he said it was "too many" yet Cade is being given a pass having had the same amount of turnovers without nearly the defensive attention.

KP is going to be dropping dimes left and right. Its a complimentary team where everyone should flourish playing off each others strengths.