1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2021 Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rashmon, Aug 9, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol he really didnt shoot bad he shot over 50% from the field and 60% from 3. He had a career game just showed up and destroyed the no 1 pick like when Hakeem had his MVP stolen by Robinson.

2. WestendMassive

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

After Cade hit that nasty crossover 3 over Green, it would have been so easy for Green to call for the ball and hunt his own shot.

No one would have blamed Green and most would have wanted him to go right back at Cade and hunt a shot there.

But instead, Green called for the ball and once the defense focused on him, swung it to KJ for a good finish at the rim.

To me, that is a very encouraging sign. That’s a winning play and great decision.

Like, Green could have forced 25+ shots this game and I don’t think anyone would have blamed/been mad him. It’s just summer league, after all and this was a marquee matchup where the talk pregame was that Green would go all out to show up Detroit and Cade.

Picture being a 19 year old NBA phenom that felt like the team opposite of you got it wrong. That you were the clear #1 prospect. It would have been so easy for Green to go 2017-Westbrook and go for 40+ even it meant he took bad shots (and his team lost).

Instead, Green used his gravity to open more opportunities for Christopher, Sengun, Lamb and KJ. He picked his spots and still finished with 25 on just 11 shots. Once he read the blitz faster, the other Rockets feasted and controlled the game.

To me, that’s just very special. That’s maturity from a player that has been (probably unfairly) touted as high volume, score first as if he’s a blackhole offensively.

He’s proving that he’s more than just a walking bucket, he plays and reads the game at an elite level. He needs improvement and growth on a lot of his game but it’s becoming very apparent that there is no limit for Green.

Scarface281, Shark44, SC1211 and 45 others like this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is what I was thinking as well. He did have a couple of nice passes but he just didn’t seem to have a playmakers comfort handling the ball and controlling the offense. Looks more at home moving without the ball and playing a traditional 2 guard. Which after years of dealing with Harden camping at the 3 point line and not moving without the ball I’m ok with it.

Still hitting a high % of 3s, getting to the foul line and a few cuts to the basket is a good showing for the rookie. 25 points and you barely noticed it. Can’t wait to see him play with KPJ and Wall who can actually run an offense.

And Sengun hot damn does he look great!

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Too much hate towards KJ. Yes he made some mistakes just like everyone else, but he’s had two really good games so far.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ll just flag that I’ve been really impressed with Christopher. He’s proving to be a super athletic and versatile prospect. I can’t even communicate how impressed I am with Sengun. Basically, I’ve fallen in love with our draft picks over the first two games. Hard to get a read on last yr’s G-leaguers. No one has really busted anything open. Thomas has been pretty pedestrian unfortunately. KJ is showing the coaching staff that he deserves real minutes this yr. things are really coming together!

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

How excited am I by this draft class?

This is the first time I've posted in....maybe a decade.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

with you on that about green and it is nice seeing a him run around which Harden didn’t.

I don’t want to crap on Harden tho he did turn himself into one of the best offensive payers ever and is walking 30 point 10 assist machine.

I still think even if green reaches his absolute peak and is a legit efficient 28ppg scorer we’re still gonna need a start similar to harden who can run the show and set ppl up. Lucky I think he might already be on the roster lol

Drift Monkey, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It is.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

please. Detroit is that way >.

CNH
    Cade nut hugger

Drift Monkey likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

love it.
    W-town.

who-Stun Rockets

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i see what you did there.

thank you,
    thank you very much

Htown Legend and D-rock like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

anyone else notice EGO’s ‘not having much fun’ interview during the game?

he seemed ready for a trade and not about all these young bloods

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Bravo if this were twitter I would retweet this lol

Htown Legend and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Uh, it's about development Uh yeah

Subtext "I'm already not having fun"

17. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

I concur, this is my second post in over a decade with the first one being my Boomers finally getting a medal at the olympics!! Stoked with this draft and so so so so keen to watch our players blossom!!! It feels like Christmas for real for real!!! Sorry for the exclamation marks but sheesh i'm gassed!!

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well duh!
    winning is more fun than losing on purpose :)

saleem likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

red5rocket likes this.