1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2021 Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rashmon, Aug 9, 2021.

1. xlr817

xlr817 Member

WOW! So far our rooks looking great! The new big Three- Green, JC, & Sengun!

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Cade has a great feel for the game. I think he will be a frqnchise level point guard once he gets more confidence in him. Right now he seems to hesitate a lot, but you definitely see the potential to run an offense

joshuaao, hakeem94, kevtse and 10 others like this.
  3. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

I'm running out of superlative to say on AL-P Sengun but thanking Rafael stone for drafting this kid for us...

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

How embarrassing - that dude on the Pistons fighting to get into the league and he isn’t even looking when someone passes to him under the hoop.

Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Nah dude that guys a cuck.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm already sick of the whole "I wanted to be #1" thing though. I know he's just self motivating but...At some point I selfishly want him to add "But happy with where I landed."

Drift Monkey, Bo6, hakeem94 and 17 others like this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Bol Bol had 26 and 9. I guess we shouldn't take summer league stats too seriously.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant believe yall made another thread.. for the second game of summer league. what were yall thinking?

hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We got Stoned!
    I was dreaming of getting Sengun and thought we had a slim chance of moving up to get him. What a score! I really thought he could be this good, but not this quickly. Sure it’s Summer League, but the big fella is showing us one hell of a lot. A bag of tricks he’s still digging in, pulling out the candy. That we managed to grab Garuba as well, a stunner. Then the cherry on top? Josh, who’s got some genuine 1st round talent. Just an incredible draft.

Oh, and Green? Beautiful!

10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

+/-
    J. Christopher +22
    A. Sengun +22
    J. Green +17
    C. Cunningham -8

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Tbf he’s not bringing it up though. They keep asking him about it because they’re bad at their jobs. How many times did they mention that tonight?

Drift Monkey and JayGoogle like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Cade with 7 fouls for the game

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He looks like a 2 guard to me. I can't reconcile his lack of athleticism with playing the 1 full time at the NBA level. He'd be playing against some of the fastest, most agile guys in the league and I can't see how he'd defend them. He's not gonna stop a Westbrook getting to the rim at all. I'd play him primarily as a 2/secondary ball handler. I don't think his ceiling is as high as either Green or Mobley if they all hit their potential.

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots to be happy about from all the first round picks.

Sengun can pass. KJ Martin was surprised at the first one he threw — it’s very good. Likewise, he looks like he’ll at least contribute some good things defensively based on his instincts and positioning (though he’ll still be targeted). I think of it like Jokic vs. Kanter (defensively). His offense is fun.

Josh Christopher is going to be interesting to watch develop. He is owning this Jrue Holiday thing — he was causing havoc defensively. Offensively, if he can learn to get under control and make 3s, he can be great. His ability to finish creatively is impressive. He can also pass — great instincts and creativity. He just doesn’t always want to.

Jalen Green. Bad game. Focal point of defense. Doesn’t matter — 25 points on >50% shooting at 11 FGA. That’s ridiculous. You can tell his PnR reads are a work in progress, but he’s clearly focusing on it.

15. VoR

VoR Member

Bol Bol is good. He just doesn't get minutes. Still healing.

clos4life likes this.
  16. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Haha was wondering where you guys were! :( missed you guys..

BamBam and DreamShook like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Did you know Cade Cunningham is 6'8 and ShenJoon talks to the basketball when he shoots free throws?

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

WTF did you guys come from? Game 2 game thread what?

Caesar and DreamShook like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We really thought (in the other thread) Green was playing badly lol!

jcmoon, Shark44, Drift Monkey and 5 others like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Where's muh Sengun highlights???