1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe you follow the f'ing discussion first before giving your stupid takes that you always have to walk back some how some way.

Doing your due diligence is really not that hard.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Durant is arguably in the top 3 of all time scorers and Kawhi is or was considered the best defender in the league. So you have to have some transcendent ability I guess to not also be a playmaker but still be a 1A on a championship level team.

HP3 likes this.
  3. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

I have no dog in this fight, but I feel like you are the one moving the goal posts, and quite rudely.

fchowd0311 was clearly replying to part of your argument regarding Beal being inefficient, without saying anything about whether he was a superstar.

You responded by moving the goal posts, claiming that Beal was not a superstar, which fchowd0311 agreed with.

My guess is that you didn't notice you moved the goal posts and now you are trying to save some face? Or maybe there's some history I'm missing here between you two to warrant the tone.

4. fchowd0311

So what does "empty stats" mean?

From the beginning of this Beal discussion I literally acknowledge he wouldn't be the 1A of a contending team.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chowd has a protector now?

God help us from idiots and chowd wannabes.

Read the entire discussion before mouthing off.

Chowd took ONE sentence in my whole post and disregarded or just unable to refute to play his little semantics game.

Beal is a high volume TWO point shooter, that is literally the definition of an inefficient modern day scorer.

Beal's inability to do anything at elite level OTHER than score limits him from leading an elite championship contending team.

Nevermind pairing him off with Wall, even Wall in his prime.

Jeez talking basketball used to be fun on this board.

#2226 D-rock, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    YOLO likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

I mean I would assume ESPN has motive to hype this game up but at the same time in already hyped.

But I would assume something like Lebron's summer league debut or Zion's had more hype.

vator likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ve never been more hyped for a summer league game.

vator and D-rock like this.
  9. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

I did, actually, read all 100+ pages of this thread.

The only question I had left was whether you two had history or you were just a stupid dick.

I feel like I have my answer now, so maybe we can go back to discussing the Summer League.

Edit: To the confused reader: note that I quoted his entire post, before he edited a few more lines in (which, honestly, didn't really make him sound any nicer or less dumb).

10. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

He has good percentages. Even last game he finished 3/8 from 3 IIRC (and he started baaad). But when he misses, it's pretty bad. His mechanics are not very consistent.

I like KJ a lot, I'm pretty high on him.

Nook likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you did jump in without knowing shyte, noted.

And you really expected me to respond to you nicely?

YOLO likes this.
  12. Denovo

Denovo Member

I see what your saying. Neither is at the level of a true number one even at peak performance.

Thinking about recent number 1s with rings Bron Steph, KD, Giannis, Kawhi.

That bar is high as hell lol.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Nook pointed out, if you are going to be a great scorer then you also need to either be high level playmaker, or a top defender.

One dimensional players, even great scorers, need a perfect team around them or need develop more well rounded game to legit contend for a ring.

Nook and HP3 like this.
  14. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

No. I read the entire thread. You pretty much responded how I expected frankly. But you know, people can surprise you sometimes.
    I feel like I want to take the off-ramp in this conversation, you are clearly getting worked up here and people want to read about the Rockets.

Drift Monkey and a la rockets like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

I think thats fair, but I also dont think either of them have won it all without a great play maker on their team. Im going to leave aside the obvious Brooklyn debate with Harden because its too...you know, we dont have to mention him. But as far as like Durant & Kawhi types vs Lebron and Luka I think you woudl have to take the latter. All 4 of these players can be the best player on a championship team but who is a better archetype as a number option is something I lean more towards the "scoring+playmaking" types rather than the "super scorer and defense" types.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

He had solid percentages in a smallish sample size.... he shot over 35% from 3 from what I remember and his TS% was solid. However he didn't hit free throws well and if I remember right, had a very high turnover % for how seldom he had the ball. There is usually a correlation between free throw percentage and the 3 point percentage (but it isn't a perfect correlation).

I am fairly high on him as well, he largely went under the radar but played well.... because of his wingspan and lack of a handle and history as a role player in HS, he was written off by a lot of people. If he can show his shooting is sound and put the ball on the floor, then his quickness and athleticism will really play up well.

19bernardo87 and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao it's the Rick James haircut that does it for me.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can we let that dumb drama and name calling die and just focus on Summer League here? I honestly think the only time someone should be called names here is if they have anything at all disparaging to say about Josh Christopher.

20. smr6

smr6 Member

It's literally the same 2 guys that clearly have some kind of history going back and forth about multiple subjects, none of which have seemed to have been about the Summer League.

Deckard and Williamson like this.