1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wow.
    I didn't know Muggsy was 6'7, maybe 6'8

Just goes to show how the narrative of him being small was played out to make what he did seem more amazing

I guess Spudd Webb was probably 6'9 - no wonder the man could dunk so easy

Jontro, ElDobleK and CriscoKidd like this.
  2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The man has no game inside the arc. It's a wonder how he went #1 in such a deep draft.

Jontro likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wait, I feel foolish for the above post about Muggsy and his height.

I should have been wise and asked if he had shoes on or not in the picture.

If he does, and Cade is barefoot, then that explains the heights perfectly

4. Theking

Theking Member

He was wearing stilletos. Little known fact, he was a part time x-dresser

Ottomaton likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Detroit got Oden. We got Durant.

red5rocket, Jontro, roslolian and 5 others like this.
  6. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I had the same thought. Perhaps Cade is half an inch taller than Green, but both guys’ favorable rounded-up heights were 6’6” at the end of the day.

I’m prefectly happy enjoying the fact that Cade, the stud player we just missed out on, is 2” or more shorter than he pretended to be while the guy we drafted had a good game and appears to be at least as tall as advertised. Could Cade still wind up being the best player from this class at 6’6”? Of course. Could he have a 5” growth spurt that renders all of this moot? Also possible.

But in the meantime, I’m going to revel in the fact we dodged a bullet and didn’t pay a king’s ransom to move up and take the guy (who wouldn’t let us work him out or measure him) who appears to be materially smaller than advertised.

Nelly, slothy420, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man, this is all I'm talking about! LOL

I once hate watched Russ Westbrook for a whole season because he won an MVP award over Harden. Anything I can latch on to as a fan to make my experience more fun... never let go.

8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Their pick would absolutely been a part of that ransom, which means no Sengun. Green and Sengun may BOTH be better than Cade. I think in a few months every GM in the league would rather have Sengun and Green over Cade, and those 2 picks that we used to acquire Sengun may not have been enough to get Cade, so in hindsight it' basically a 1st rounder, Sengun and Green to get Cade after he shrunk 2 inches.

#1168 withmustard, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    roslolian and mikenm268 like this.
  9. Denovo

Denovo Member

Ngl I’m lookin forward to a Cade vs Green rivalry like we had with Russ vs Harden lol

True Rocket and roslolian like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If all measurements listed are at the inch mark, then there is rounding down, too. No?

T FOR 3!!! and D-rock like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The city of Houston deserves some sports luck.

Nook, slothy420, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I posted something about Cade reminding me of old man Chris Paul in ‘19 when he couldn’t get past anybody off the dribble and that was just watching his highlights. He can still be a star but doesn’t look like a Harden/Luka generational package.

rfrocket and roslolian like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We don't do that with penises too do we?

mikenm268 likes this.
  14. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I’m not going to pretend like I know how it works, but I wouldnt round my guy down. Would you?

I’m assuming when we are talking about NBA players’ heights and egos, we are in a ‘rounding up’ situation. I dont work for an NBA franchise though, so who knows…

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, a 6’5 1/4 is listed as 6’6” ??

mikenm268 likes this.
  16. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I doubt it’s an exact science.

17. sefril

sefril Member

As the people that uses metric system, it’s frustrating to see this round up in measurements :D

just measure it in centimeter (or meter with decimal) and get exact measurement :eek:

:D:D

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I feel like this is one of those pic vs reality clothing memes people have when they order clothes online. Detroit they were getting s 6'8 Luka Doncic, they ended up with a 6'6 pg with a 2 inch Afro.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Height would matter for Cade specifically because he is being compared to Luka and Harden. Height allows a player to survey the court and look over defenses much better than a shorter player. It also affects passing angles, since shorter players rely on bounce passes more than taller players that can lob it over other defenders. If he is shorter than advertised, there are more obstacles for him to overcome to become a great playmaker, because at this moment it's still a big question mark. It doesn't mean he can't get there, since Harden is shorter than Cade, but an unathletic 6 ft 6 playmaker doesn't sound nearly as good.

He has a good wing span, which is always good, but wing span is more of a defensive attribute.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

we already did when tillmen bought the team