1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

And another one for this game of "Is he a racist?" we have going on.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You could really see the difference in athleticism between the 2.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You were implying it wasn't an autocorrect error and was done intentionally.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah well that's great and all, but what's his happiness level at?

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Whats bad in calling anyone monkey, it takes racist to think its racist. Normal people dont even think that way. I call white people monkeys all the time matter of fact thats my best friends nickname

Drift Monkey likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"It takes a racist to think it's racist"....................................

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean there is a long history of calling Black people "monkeys" in this country so it's definitely something one should refrain from doing even if they think it wasn't meant to be racist.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

TSK TSK TSK.

How very "Howard Cosell" of him.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guessing you dont hang out with too many people who arent lilly white. Get outside of your own head for a minute.

Good manners is how we show other people that we care enough to respect how they feel. Or you can just scream a certain four letter catch phrase and flip off the world like a Cro-Magnon, if that is the person you really want to be.

#1969 Ottomaton, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Drift Monkey and bmelo like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

today has been more awkward than usual around here o_O

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He wasn't a sieve - he was fine. I suppose "pretty good" is fair although I would argue he was closer to just "Fine". He had a few solid individual plays where he moved his feet and was generally a nuisance staying with his guy and didn't get pushed around as much physically as I was expecting(decent core strength)...also saw him do a great job seeking out the next man on a turnover to try to stop the break - it was subtle but those are the types of little things that can make a difference....but he did lose track of his guy for a second a few times when he was ball watching and there were some times where it wasn't clear who missed a rotation. He also needs to work on getting over screens better - you can see that he struggles with that.

....to your point though - he held his own and certainly wasn't the "no defense" guy that people had him pegged as in pre-draft conversations.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

I guess that maybe a language thing. lets say in Spain black color is literally called „negro” with no bad intention imagine going to Spain and hearing that - youd think somebody want to start **** and he may be talking about car color. In my country monkey means animal just like giraffee. Good to know to not throw „monkey” around US citizens

Drift Monkey and VoR like this.
  13. Denovo

Denovo Member

The ignorance here is astounding

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Seems like it's always awkward around here - mostly because of the same handful of people....just depends on what the awkward subject is.

Verbal Christ, Drift Monkey and VoR like this.
  15. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Is this the D and D or the GARM o_O

clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  16. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Where can I watch full game replays? Fullmatchtvdotcom only has a couple of the games…

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro its international forum different cultures have different issues. Never was here where i live a color racism issue because we didnt invade anyone and are economicaly too weak to have any immigrants at any point in history. There are basically people that all look same i cant relate to race problems at all

cant say im ignorant because its me trying to learn USA language and culture not the other way around

Drift Monkey and BigggReddd like this.
  18. VoR

VoR Member

Anybody else notice these kids genuinely seem to like each other with team chemistry out the gates? Holy smokes, I'm excited about some wholesome basketball.

19. Denovo

Denovo Member

Wasn’t an insult. Ignorance simply is lack of knowledge on a subject.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Racism is literally everywhere bro. U r literally hiding under a rock if u believe where u live isn't as bad or worse than the states when it comes humans disgusting way of interacting to minorities.