1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Summer League Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Aug 8, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A lot of kids are emulating Curry. A lot of kids trying to do fancy dribble moves and hoist a high arcing three 3 ft behind the 3 pt line.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

The move at 3:06 is special. He didn’t convert the layup (a little unlucky) but wow, what an explosive move to the basket.

#42 vator, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  3. rocketsmetalspd

Besides his offense is his willingness to play D is what I like about Green. Will be a great all around player! Go Rockets! H-Town Crazy!

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just noticed JC and Jalen Green rolled up their shorts.. the audacity of showing 3/4's of your quadricep.. these guy are going to be STARS!

5. HardenVolumeOne

where???

Most kids in aau are using the stepback( yes even the female hoopers) and mastering hardens ability to get to the line.

I don’t see too many kids running off ball action in the high school ranks. Most guards like jalen green, cade, fultz, jaden hardy and other high ranked guard prospects were on-ball guards. Who is the last off ball guard to get drafted in the league. Maybe Seth curry, cj McCollum, jj redick or this years nets first rounder Cameron Thomas

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-kids-want-to-be-james-harden-11565100311

#45 HardenVolumeOne, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    D-rock and roslolian like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

What about Mobley?

If Green was alright then Mobley was absolute garbage and def not what is expected at this level. Got blocked both by SG Jaygup and then by the supposedly bad at D Sengun.

Drift Monkey and cerophilik like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Hope not. They need one more top 10 pick.

8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I believe you. Honestly it's probably easier to emulate hardens game then curry with some degree of success

amaru and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mobley got blocked by KMJr too.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  10. dawesome

dawesome Member

Green didnt look like a rookie.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s more impressive in person

TriumVirate and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

mark.
    this kid need to bulk up a little bit, that would be perfect:) go to the gym.

BamBam and saleem like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green gives good effort and has good body language no matter what the score is and how he’s doing that night. In the g league there were games they were down by 30, or he would shoot 4-15 and he would still be hustling. So basically the opposite of kpj in that aspect. I think that bodes well for him being coachable. (Hopeful kpj takes a cue on that and gets influenced by his buddy)

Drift Monkey and saleem like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looks like a superstar out there already

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He was absolutely electric out there. The whole crowd was waiting on his every move and erupted anytime he scored. I also loved how he was constantly communicating with team mates throughout the game. He and Sengun were talking for a while after that botched through the legs pass. He just totally moves and carries himself like a superstar. If I had any complaint, it'd probably just be that I'd prefer if his shot diet had more looks around the basket but I guess that's kind of hard with Okoro guarding you outside and Mobley waiting inside. Can't wait to see more!

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

For me the most impressive thing was his ability to rack up points without a bunch of high flying highlight reel plays.

Things to work on (in the very humble opinion of an old geezer)
    GET SQUARE with his shooting form.
    He has unbelievable natural feel for shooting, and ability to get his shot. But he is not square to the hoop when he shoots - this will lead to days (and sadly, possibly extended stretches) where his shot doesn't fall
    He needs to get squared up and have his feet pointing at the hoop when he shoots (not way left).

Unfortunately KPjr also has this issue (but he points right)
    Hopefully coaching is on it and gets them square, because when they get their shots squared up, they will be an unstoppable combination

saleem likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think somewhere along the way we turn KPJ for Ja Morant and become new NBA darlings

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Jalen M. J. Bean-Green

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Stop saying idiotic stuff, just stop mentioning him period because you cant do so without saying something that is dumb.

saleem likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cade will be Tmac

Green will be Kobe

https://images.app.goo.gl/7L6LHS6FFbS8Sqz37

Salvy likes this.