1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No matter what happens, I’ll always admit that I would have drafted Cade over Green. Now that Green’s a Rocket, I hope he’s the next Kobe and couldn’t care less about Cade aside from a general NBA fan’s perspective. I have no ego to coddle.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah this was always a major concern that people glossed over but if your playmaking PG can't consistently get past his man then it's going to really hurt his playmaking ability.

People always brushed it aside with "He saw a lot of doubles" but tonight I saw him locked up plenty of times and this is not even against NBA defenders yet. Like the whole thing about him not being athletic, not having the best handles, having lots of TOs...all that makes sense if a guy can't regularly get past his man.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Gelo with 16 in 16 minutes. 5-8 from 3

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Pistons going after that top 4 pick again. They practically had their NBA team on the court and still lost

Drift Monkey, DeBeards, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I would’ve picked Cade over Green too but thought Cade was getting a bit overhyped around here based on what I saw at OK State.

One meaningless game isn’t anything to get carried away with but the lack of explosiveness really does limit his upside.

He doesn’t have Luka’s body or skill to make up for it. He’s going to be a good NBA player for sure but idk about an all-NBA type franchise player.

Drift Monkey, Tfor3 and forchette49 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

No, I responded to a post that did.

I simply stated that chowd had used the same descriptor for Mobley on more than 1 occasion.

Then chowd accused me of being a liar and other less than savory things.

Why?

Because I pointed out a FACT.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

mobley autocorrects in my phone to that. It’s a word in the English language. Dude seeing that as racist should go touch grass

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I get that same autocorrect, which is lame because I've typed Mobley a million times and have almost never typed monkey. Now I double-check it each time I type it.

11. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

KMJ's performance is getting overlooked by our rookies' perfromances. I love his game evolution and development. The dude is energetic and now shooting threes at high volume and efficiency.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I actually want to see him get run at the 3 as much as possible

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

these turnovers were mainly from good ideas that weren’t converted or stone hands bigs so not too concerning to me

he needs to tighten up his handle and be more crafty…gonna need to see some stepbacks, Euro steps, spin moves, etc to get some separation and cleaner looks

I wouldn’t be concerned because it’s just SL, and it was his 1st SL game at that…there’s too many examples of guys being great in SL and meh-trash in the NBA and guys being meh-trash in SL and much better just a few months later in the league

Trae Young was bricking everything and getting his sh*t swatted at the rim

Steph shot 33% from the field

D-Rose 10 ppg on 29% shooting

not saying Cade will definitely be in this category if he’s bad the entire SL tho

if I’m a little disappointed in anything with him right now, it’s him being 6’6 instead of 6’8 because my evaluation of him was always as a nice sized wing that could be a good secondary playmaker…Idk if that 6’6 is with or without shoes tho

hakeem94 and clos4life like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

Any word on when Garuba is set to join the boys in summer league? Entirely too excited to see him put the clamps on Cade. Basketball gods please let this happen.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He might not be available for the summer league.

16. BigTex

BigTex Member

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is why I wanted Jericho Sims. The Cavs just paid Allen 100 million dollars to do the same things this kid taken in the 2nd round should be able to do. Rebound, defend, block shots and be a vertical spacer. Most impressive Knicks rookie today by far out of him, Grimes and McBride. How many people his height also have a 44.5 inch vertical?

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

This, been saying this for a while. He's a nice piece on a contender, will be a good pro, but not a franchise changer like Suggs and Green could be. Ceiling just too high not to grab them instead, considering their floors are about the same.

19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

+/-
    Jalen Green: +13
    Sengun: +17
    Cunningham: -1
    Mobley: -1

20. raining threes

Stephen A knows basketball.

Tfor3 likes this.