1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2021 NBA Draft Thread (7/29/2021)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Wanted him so bad last night.

FLASH21 and D-rock like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I love the Garuba pick, but his fit will be determined by how reliable his outside shot is. He shot 31.5% from deep this season on 111 attempts. If Sengun is our man in the middle then the post game will be a staple of our offense and Garuba needs to complement that.

D-rock and matchesmalone like this.
  3. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Sometimes you just want a kid to be normal. It's draft night, he should go out and celebrate. If a guy goes into the office his wedding day, should you be like "amazing work ethic" or "dude, what's wrong with you"?

bmelo, HTown_TMac and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Simu Liu, Henry Golding, Maggie Q.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Lol I understand what you're saying but this shows the true hunger and passion for what he has for the game as well.

D-rock likes this.
  6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tony Buzbee was working during his honeymoon. You don't bill $700 million by not working every chance you get.

raining threes likes this.
  7. rocketseagles07

Those workout videos are mehhh. BJ Boston is literally in the gym day and night and he went from being a consensus top 3 pick to almost going undrafted.

Don’t get me wrong I love the gym rats… I just think things like that right after draft night make people love some of these guys a little more than we should

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

If you look at his shooting from month to month there have generally been improvements in his shooting percentages. Especially his shooting the last few months of the season. I find that to be a very encouraging sign of progress

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the moment he ONLY shoots the three when he his wide open and has all day, so honestly that 30% is probably a bit inflated relative to other players. But his willingness to try and work at it is whats important.

I looked up Draymont Green's college stats, and in the two seasons that happened when was 19, Green went 2 for 17 from behind the 3pt line.

He will get better.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

IMO the worst draft has to be the Spurs for picking Josh Primo. I actually like Primo as one of the higher upside guards but taking him 12 is such a waste, could have traded lower and pretty sure he would still be available.

Best draft for me aside from Rox would prob be GSW and NO. GSW just extended their contention window with Wiseman, Kuming and Moody. NO got a couple of guys who fits with Lamelo

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah for me its either publicity stunts or ****ing maniacs. Plus most of the time people like that put so much pressure on themselfs they fold. I never understood famous Harden workouts after playoff losses. Like bro game is over time for practice was before the game now you got to rest

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm always wondering about this people are raving about Mobley but Garuba is the same as him, shot same percentage from 3 but against better competition and legit 3 pt line.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sigh. Can the Rockets post something already so I can step away from the ledge...

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not sure that one video does that. Lot of dudes out there posting videos of themselves working out. There are dudes out there working on their game for hours a day that don't post videos of it.

BTW, I once saw a video of Dwight Howard shooting 3's. True story. :D

snowconeman22 likes this.