1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

I actually think this might be what happened. Crazy how media influences everything in the NBA.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is valid criticism and then there is obsessive hate. No you aren't doing purely valid criticism. Maybe valid criticism is sprinkled here and there but it's embedded in a mound of **** taking and hate.

A healthy approach is being happy with either. I prefer Green but would still be happy with Mobley. Both have their drawbacks and plus sides.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's got nothing to do with Mobley kiddo.

I don't think Green is a good pick. Full stop.

He's got by far the highest chance of being a bust out of those considered the top 4.

Before I looked into him with more detail I bought the BS hype just like everyone else but that changed when I saw nothing but flash devoid of substance.

So it's not a "I'd prefer a specific different player be the pick" situation, it's I don't want the Rockets to pick a likely bust.

I'm sure those who didn't go along with Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker faced the same backlash.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/07/26/nba-mock-draft-2021-latest-buzz-rumors-cade-cunningham-jalen-green

2. Rockets: Jalen Green, SG, G League Ignite

Height: 6' 5" | Weight: 185 | Age: 19 | Freshman

The vast majority of rival teams have zeroed in on Green as the likely choice for Houston at No. 2. While sources say the Rockets have been calling around to gauge trade possibilities involving the 2 pick, it feels more likely that they stand pat. That confidence has been bolstered by the fact that Green is the only projected top pick expected to work out for the Rockets at this point in time. League sources have indicated there is a level of disinterest within Evan Mobley’s camp regarding Houston as a destination, raising questions as to whether that potential marriage would be ideal for either side. Rival teams do not expect Mobley, Jalen Suggs, or Cade Cunningham to work out for Houston before draft night.

The Rockets reportedly have interest in trading up to No. 1 with the Pistons, but there’s skepticism around the league that Houston would match Detroit’s hefty asking price. But Green is thought to be comfortable landing in Houston, has major upside as a scorer, and has been viewed as the Rockets’ preferred choice dating back to lottery night. Whether his game will prove compatible in the long run with the ball-dominant Kevin Porter Jr. is a fair question, but Green’s ceiling as a shot-creator is substantial. He’d immediately become the centerpiece of the Rockets’ rebuild.

zeeshan2 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Pass on Green and time to move KPj while we still can.

These young Harden fans are liable to become fat and evil at any moment.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets backcourt both revere James Harden….hmmm

1st African American Spelling Bee champion said James Harden is her idol…hmmm

Deuce and Nook like this.
  9. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m going to put it out there that we should expect Danuel House to be traded on draft night. The Rockets need to open up jersey number 4 for their latest draft pick.

Attached Files:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as the fans become fat and not the player.....

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't like the Lavine comparison. Green has a ton of dog in him.

Deuce, Nook, Fulgore and 1 other person like this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, they were proven wrong then, bc Wiggins landed Love that summer and a resulting title, likely two had he not got injured in the playoffs of that first season 2014-15. Meanwhile Embiid did not play for two yrs, wasting Lebron’s prime.

wrt “backlash” aimed at CLE fans who didn’t want to pick Wiggins, that’s not a good example, as history would have it

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  13. rocketseagles07

Are we saying Lavine doesn’t?

Btw, for the, “all flash” people we heard the same thing about Zion.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LaVine gets a bad wrap. His numbers objectively last season are insane. 27.4 ppg, 42% from 3, .64% TS%. It’s not his fault he has no help.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. He's evolved a lot as a player since he got drafted. The one thing he'll need is to stay healthy; the past few years have been shortened so we really don't know if he can last 75+ games in the regular season as the last time he played a full season was 5 years ago.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I can't wait for House to be gone, tbh.

I'll cheer for whomever we pick. Green definitely looks like he has a lot of upside. Am still on the Mobley train because he is a more "unique" player. If we could, I would trade anyone and everyone to get both Green and Mobley. I think their upside is at least as high as Cade's.

Then again, I am not an expert. I am saying this based on some clips from Youtube etc. :).

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's because they found someone stupid enough to trade for him not because he was any good.

Now if we find someone stupid enough to trade for Green, that'll be different.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

who said that about ZIon? dude played bully ball with his gigantic frame and he's not a bust

#2418 cheke64, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

“That’s because”

lulz, pretty weak

You’re boring to talk basketball with, when you get like this

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

House, did not think he was on the team last year.