1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

because when you’re at the bottom of the league, how u would guard someone like Giannis shouldn’t be much of a consideration

Giannis is turning 27 in December…Embiid is 27…by the time the Rockets need to worry about how they’d guard them, they’re likely to have already retired

Hunt soon for what? Hopefully the 8th seed or the play-in? We won’t be contending any time soon.

YOLO likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Luka will be the next face of the league, not Giannis. Luka is probably better than him right now. He's not the face of anything. He's not the face of the league at all. No one wants to be like Giannis. Just like no one wants to be like Shaq. They dont inspire anyone. Giannis particularly as an unskilled player doesnt really inspire anyone either.

Beast of the East lol. As soon Nets are healthy and Sixers trade Simmons for another all star the Bucks wont ever sniff another finals.

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Even Saric would be very useful at this point.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

It takes skill to do what he does. His bro has his dimensions but cant replicate what he is doing.

Luka hasnt won jacksquat yet. Even if he does every face needs a rival like Lebron/KD/Kawhi.

bmelo, cbass and hakeem94 like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This team has too many bullets in the gun to fire that many blanks over the next 5 years.

1. current young assets Tate, KPJ, Martin Jr.
    2. 20/10 player on a good contract that will bring back an asset at the right time
    3. Wall’s contract that expires in 2 years pushing the Rockets to get good picks the next two seasons. Then compete with FA’s signed in place of him
    4. A ton of future picks that will be grouped together and/or giving the ability to get a player in the draft like Kispert giving you a great role player and not always going for upside.

This is the way I see it. I could be wrong but I see really good things for the Rockets. I just hope the broke a** owner is patient and let’s it all happen.

cbass and Salvy like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol suns took a page out of the rockets book for the small ball need Ayton

7. MettaWorldPete

I was actually really excited for this series, but unfortunately none of the games have been down to the wire back and forth, which pretty much kills the excitement no matter what other factors are in play.

hakeem94, blahblehblah and B-Bob like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

What LOL. He's way more atheltic than his brother. It takes way less skill to do what he does than any other top 10 player in the league.

But he will. Luka is still the face though. His game is something people would aspire to, not Giannis. No one wants to play like him skill wise.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Lol what? Its foul trouble.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was out watching with friends missed that part.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

I am not going to complain about fouls/FTs but I will complain about FTs/fouls.

Get him Timmy Mac :D

roslolian, hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Is Luka here on a work visa? :p Imagine immigration denying him a green card.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

There's gotta be a happy medium between "contending soon" and contending once Giannis retires.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

not really…a decade could easily go by and we’re still not a contender…it happens quite often

we made the WCF in 1997, and did not get back there until 2015…that’s almost 20 years

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

we still have not made a finals since 1995…we are approaching a 30 year drought

Idk why CF thinks rebuilds are often quick, they’re not

teams often go a decade+ between periods of contention…many multiple decades

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

I agree, Rockets have positioned themselves with tons of opportunity. But is that not telling of Tilman, he has allowed Stone to make the moves necessary to get us here. Remember how Morey left this team, an absolute disaster with nowhere to go.

roslolian likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

When was the last time we actually had to rebuild in those recent years? I can only think of two, when we drafted Hakeem and then Francis.... None of the Harden teams were designed or developed. It was Morey just trading everything possible in hopes something works and he looks good. How many trades did Morey do during his tenure? All of them....

I don't think rebuild are quick, I just don't think they have to last 10 years.... Anything can change next year in the league, good teams now can dismantle at any moment. Bad teams can rise with just a good draft pick.

cheke64, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

idc what anybody says, a healthy Luc in the playoffs, even without CP3, Rockets would have won. I HAVE NO DOUBT!

Luc, PJ and Ariza were amazing. Luc basically did everything Clint did except lobs.. the lobs GSW completely negated in the first place. Luc was not getting ate up like Clint was getting ate up.

Luc healthy it's a chip for the Rockets. @ me your displeasure.

Nick_713, hakeem94 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

Reeko likes this.
  20. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

It's why it's imperative they nail this year AND 2022. Even a bonafide rookie star can't elevate a bad team to playoff contenders in one season. Realistically the Rockets will still be in the lottery in 2022 (which by all accounts another excellent draft).

I do feel the Rockets should have the core of the team down by 2024 since that's the next year the pick will go to OKC unless another miracle happens like this year. But then the team and FO have more problems if they're still stuck in the lottery by then.

Salvy likes this.