1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleeping on Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, Jul 6, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he actually has a beautiful jumpshot foundation and it will likely get better. This so called ceiling isn't as limited as folks are trying to make it out to be

saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The truth is that both Green and Suggs aren’t prototypical + body sizes . Green might only be 6’5 or 6’6 with not a huge wingspan . It’s not a huge issue , but I mean he would be a more elite prospect if he was 6’7 with a 7’0” wingspan .

Suggs is probably only 6’3” and also has a relatively short wingspan .

they are both very good athletes so they make up for their lack of plus-nba size . Even cade has a bit of a question mark , not with his size , but with his athletic upside .

these are all just nitpicks and question marks.

above all the great equalizer for giving up a bit in the measurement department is shooting . Green is more advanced than Suggs at the movement . Suggs is probably ahead on defense .

In Suggs-kpj-tate you have just as much upside as green-kpj-tate . Suggs is perhaps a better fit to guard guys under 6’4” .

but then again , probably don’t draft on fit .

Both guys need to improve vastly in order to be the type of guy you want to hit on at #2 .

**** , even Mobley is a big ...and I do think they are just inherently riskier .

if stone wants to play around , it’s cool by me. Picking any of these guys in the top 10 is gonna be a bit of a crapshoot and depends on injury luck and development as much as player drive and scout-able ability .

saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't do drugs, draft Suggs!

groovemachine and Jontro like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His athleticism is suspect, he will struggle at the NBA level - pass.

DD

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I am with you on that I watched the highlights from the national championship game the only problem he would have is against big point gaurds I like Jalen Green

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Suggs gives you an athletic combo guard with great defense and IQ, and a competitive leader who’s been in that role in three sports. The shot looks good mechanics wise, but needs work from range.

His biggest issue at the next level, which is a big issue in a guard driven league, is that he hasn’t shown the capability of being a shot creator or big time play maker. He’s a stretch as a top five prospect, but I actually think Toronto is a best case scenario destination for him.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Remember it Suggs + the other part of the trade. I would lessen… not a fan of Mobley at all because unicorns don’t exist & Green types come out every year. If the others assets are worth while it’s a no brainer. Remember he could be all the way down to 6 because Scottie Barns is get some new found Hype. OKC maybe easier to deal with anyway. Just some of our pick back would go a long way in the rebounding.

8. i3artow i3aller

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Slow footed Suggs - do not want.

DD

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wouldn't be sad if we got him. I like his IQ and I think IQ is super important. He's just not jumping out at me way higher than some other prospects out there.

daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s fine. Everyone has their own preferences in certain players. I believe Suggs will be the better of the 3 options and have the better career.

The thing that’s the worst around here is folks that downplay how good he is and make up nonsense to try and prop up someone else. It’s the usual suspects too that are wrong time and time again. So that’s what makes me believe Suggs is the right guy even more

groovemachine and Jontro like this.
  12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He's tough, a leader, has all the intangibles, great form on his jumper (to me means he can improve it), is unafraid of the big moment, and is an underrated defender (against UCLA he was guarding, and shutting down, Juzang down the stretch).

To me he's the full package and a NO BRAINER pick over Green and Mobley.
    But what are ya gonna do :/

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Trade down to 4?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How are the other PGs in the Draft?

Luv me some point guards.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you, sir.

Now he has a fair chance.

DaDakota and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

To me my top 5 is --
    1. Cade (too unique and talented not to fail -- will be amazing to see how he meshes w real basketball players / what his 'position' even is)
    2. Suggs (too much of a leader/intangibles guy to not be the floor general on a perennial Finals contender -- Jamal Murray w D)
    3. Bones-Hyland (fingers CROSSED for him at 23, think he's a future 6th man of the year, a great defender with a drive to improve)
    4. Cooper (underrated pure point guard, especially with his growth spurt)
    5. Dosunmu (like his size, versatility and competitiveness)

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

If Raptors are interested, sure -- Boucher and the 4th for the 2nd

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Trade down to nab Suggs and Sengun - you will have the best draft outcome of any team.

groovemachine likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is Rachel Nichols sleeping with Suggs?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does she feel the season?