1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr @ Chicago Pro Am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jul 4, 2021.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Broski... that was my first thought when he came out with that water bottle

D-rock likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wait so all those dunks and highlights and they lost? This is y'all's savior?

At least when Harden went to drew league he was working on his game. KPJ is just dunking.

3. Rockets4Life13

Some of you really need a reality check. These are human beings. They can do things for fun. They can play basketball for fun.

Overanalyzing every step they take.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am being realistic. I would expect the showman ship if they were up big. But they lost that game. Where are his highlights at the end when he was trying to bring them back? You think he was having fun losing. By the highlight video I thought they won by 20 plus..

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

KPJ haters are funny. They reach so hard to find something to dislike. LOL.

6. Rockets4Life13

Dude it's a pickup game. He made a nice dunk, celebrated and everyone loved it.

This is how i can tell that you've never played basketball even at the park btw. This is so common, it's laughable to even talk about this.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you get my point. I like how you just start attacking me... like cmon dude.

KPJs biggest issue is maturity and this video does nothing to make it seem like that has improved in that aspect. But I also hold nba players to higher standards. Even if he was half trying I still expected them to win the game especially with how everyone thinks he's the next coming of something.

8. csc177

csc177 Member

KP is closer to 6'6. He's definitely not 6'4. I'm 6'3 and have seen him in person, dude is definitely a legit 6'5-6'6 guard.

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's literally a fun pro-am game in the off season. You seriously want him to play serious, NBA ball against a bunch of people in the rec centre? You're straight up making issues out of nothing, people are allowed to have fun and not take everything super seriously all the time you loon.

10. CertifiedTroll

BS. He should be practicing his free throws

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Did I say I wanted him to play serious? I just think even if he was half trying he shoulda had a bigger impact. Harden use to tear up those pro ams. I just think people should taper their expectations. Not every player we get will be an all star, super star etc.. Esepcially since Cleveland gave him to us for free. In the history of the NBA has their ever been a super star traded away for free?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bruh. You are overanalyzing a pick up game.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kevin Porter Jr. is trying to work on his stamina and play games.

He looks much stronger and has more muscle.

He is making the crowd happy, some people can't afford NBA Tickets. Kids are seeing him for the first time.

Kobe Bryant and James Harden played in the Drew League to entertain fans and make people happy. Again some families can't afford the expensive tickets. At least kids can see their favorite player for the first time.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think it's just seeing a legit NBA body next to regular folks. He's got broad shoulders for a tall man man though. Men develop until their mid-20s, if he stays in the gym he'll be an absolute monster to guard with his kind of handles.

rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

It’s a typical athlete platitude.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He is long too, just how you like them @D-rock. 0 excuse not to be a better defender.

D-rock likes this.
  17. letterZshift

letterZshift Member

he's definitely taller than 6'4", and the shoes he wears (Puma RS Dreamer) don't add a ton of height
    [​IMG]

D-rock, FrontRunner and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

D-rock doesn't even have a gag reflex.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

How would you know, you only like it when I bend you over.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

LMAO!!!! Freakishly!