1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYT] A Disparaging Video Prompts Explosive Fallout Within ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 4, 2021.

1. Theking

Theking Member

Bet she gives mad gobbies

HTXSportsAddict and RudyTBag like this.
  2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Interesting gossip. It was obvious that the players had to be smashing. Those types of dudes are not A.C. Green. I bet other female reporters were tapped, too. That intel about Nichols was released for revenge, though.

3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

4. Nook

Nook Member

Because........

America.

5. Fantasma Negro

Rachel Nichols passing rumors to distract from the fact that she's a piece of **** that will post about the importance of diversity on Twitter but will admit to using diversity as a tag line when she thinks the cameras are off. Rachel Nichols has been married for 20 years to the son of Diane Sawyer and Max Nichols Sr. She may have flirted with Jimmy on camera but if Jimmy clapped those cheeks Rachel would be looking for a new job. Her relationship with Sawyer is why espn can't fire her for the Maria Taylor ****. Neither has a grain of talent imo, well not entirely true, Maria has great legs

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Of course ESPN knew the story was coming.

Also, who do you think leaked the story NOW that her contract is almost up? Taylor did.

Everyone in this story is working for their own personal interest and all claiming some form of alienation or obstacles to justify their position.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

All of these people involved are completely replaceable. It’s not like they are Ernie, Kenny, Shaq and Chuck.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks like ESPN has taken The Jump off the Rachel Nichols bandwagon.

Nook likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nichols can always sue for breach of contract.

DD

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if you have a copy of that contract could you post it here? I'd be curious to see it

12. Nook

Nook Member

Why hasn't Biden or Putin commented on this yet?

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

At this point, sure, why not? It seems like social media wants to cancel her and she's getting railroaded by ESPN more.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

every since Epstein, the Delta Variant, UFO's and now cosby, I will believe anything is possible..

is this Ersan, Jimmy stuff with Rachel real?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of people who do not support affirmative action aren't concerned about economic output. They believe that affirmative action makes racial stereotyping worse, not better.

The majority of people believe in equality (at least they think they do). The disagreement is in the how. But in this kind of debates, as always, you get labeled into some pigeonhole just because you have said something that resembles something.

Anyway, to me the blonde thing is quite obvious ever since they started using female reporters in sports broadcasting. It couldn't be a coincidence. I thought that was pretty shameful.

16. payaso

payaso Member

So I have to ask... what is it that keeps you coming back to CF, then?

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are people upset.

Where should she grow?

What did she do wrong?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I does not matter if Maria is better at the job than her,which she is not ( No dig at maria they are both average) the point is it was in her contract.

The bolded part has no basis in truth, I guess you think just because she is white it never crossed her mind( that's racist) she never dismissed it as a diversity hire and shows you have read or listened to what she actually said like a lot of other people.

What you said about Rachel is as bad as what you think she said about Maria.

#198 jiggyfly, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no correct take, that's the problem everybody got to have a take on freakin private conversation about a real workplace issue.

If the same happened to you at your job you would also feel some kind of way.

a time to chill likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Are you [beeping] sh-tting me? This guy is going to call someone a bad teammate? For real? For real? Do we want to talk about the black careers that he put a foot on because he was threatened by? Do we want to talk about that? Do you wanna talk about the newsbreakers - with an ’S’ - of diverse background, who have rapports with players that Adrian doesn’t have. That he saw as threatening because his sources are all front office people… and assistant coaches trying to move up… and maybe a video coordinator that’s trying to get a better job somewhere else.

"But he can’t talk to LeBron. And he can’t talk to Chris Paul or Damian Lillard or some of these other guys. He doesn’t have that rapport with them. So what he does is he steps on them. And beyond that particular angle, he steps on a lot of people over there. He steps on a lot of people over there. Right? When you see a byline that says 'as reported by Adrian Wojnarowski and fill-in-the-blank.' That’s the old, 'yeah, put my name on it and put it out there.'"

The show also discussed Nichols' privacy concerns, which Le Batard pointed out, have been completely ignored since the "gotcha" moment hit the NYT. During that part of the discussion Elhassan also questioned whose fault it was that Nichols was in the position to be recorded. Here's his response to Hill asking if he was asserting something nefarious took place with what the NYT article termed "new technology."

“You’re god damn right I am."

"Bullsh-t. Bullsh-t. Rachel knows how to use it. It’s the TVU app. We’ve all used it before the pandemic on remotes. They give you a little iPhone. Now it’s an iPad, but they used to give you and iPhone and a tripod and you hook it up and you use it."

The entire interview was heavy on nuance and worth a listen to get the full picture on a story involving several complex issues.

#200 J.R., Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    DreamShook and jiggyfly like this.