1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

agreed

Lloyd Estacio and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

This is not accurate- I don’t know what you’re watching- Dante Exum never had that it factor- Or was he ever a defender like Suggs

Suggs is one of the better guard prospects to come out over the last 10 years

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 7th pick would be a really interesting one to target. Moody, Kuminga, Mitchell, etc would be very intriguing for a rebuild.

I recently saw a mock draft that had the Rockets taking Alperun Sengun at #23.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...en-green-debate-rages-combine-causes-changes/

Sweet Jesus how nice that would be. I'd be shocked If he dropped that far.

D-rock, Caesar and Trackwell like this.
  4. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

It’s so deep. I want 4 players in the top 24
    And 2 in the top 7!!!

D-rock, Caesar and RudyTBag like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! Green with 1.2 million followers as opposed to Mobleys 50000.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Both Green and Mobley are great prospects. I think a lot of you guys are buying into Green without fully knowing the extent of his game. He has tremendous scoring potential, no doubt. Beyond that, I don't know how much value he will bring. He developed a little bit on the playmaking end in the G-League but is still very raw in that facet. Isn't making advanced reads at this juncture, doesn't have a real grasp of PnR to this point. Defensively, his +2 wingspan isn't great; going to have to work really hard to be a plus team defender in the league. I know Green's athleticism is tantalizing but there is still so much 'unlikely' growth for him to make to be a all-NBA type player.

There is much less risk involved with Mobley and just as much upside in my opinion. His outrageously good defensive versatility along with his already advanced handle and playmaking skills will make him a surefire above average NBA big, which is hard to find. You can see his scoring potential as well, he shoots down on the hoop (in a KD way) which makes his shot pretty much uncontestable. 70% from the stripe his freshman year which is a great number.

There should be zero focus on "fit" with this roster and Stone/crew should/will take who they believe to be the best prospect available. This is a rebuild and when this team is back to contending the roster will look nothing like it does right now. I strongly believe they will take Mobley and sooner rather than later all of you will fall in love with his game.

I just ask that everyone is open minded to Mobley and not become locked in on Green (which Mobley still has a crazy amount of; watch his second jump ability it is Bagley-esque).

D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Keep saying this. Suggs has intangibles you can't teach. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up at least a Sam Cassell/Billups/Lowry type.

I get why they won't take him at #2 because you draft BPA and cross your fingers. But man I'm gonna be pissed when Suggs is a 20/9/D player.

raining threes, D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Barefoot + 1 inch is by far the best (rounded). So if someone is 6'7" barefoot, he's essentially 6'8" on the floor.

This gets rid of the platform shoe measurements (I remember Gary Harris had like a 3 inch gap between his barefoot/shoes measurements) and also still stays true to traditional measurements which included shoes. A lot of guys who look 7-feet on the floor and have been listed at 7-feet for their entire careers are actually 6'10.5" barefoot. Add an inch and round it up and it's more accurate to how the NBA and fans have always measured height.

D-rock, Lloyd Estacio and saleem like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets have been one of the smallest teams for years now. Morey really screwed up in that regard.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Except that the Warriors were small too and we’re the team to beat most years….granted we didn’t have the shooting they had, but the idea that going small was Houston’s downfall is incorrect - if anything it allowed us to win more games than we should have.

D-rock likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and its really about how "big" someone plays on the court.. like WB and now we have Tate

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No biggie we actually come down about the same, I just lean 60/40 the other way.

I am also gonna stop, I just got caught up with some people trashing Mobley and I always like a bit of back and forth.

Good talk.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This was very well put and I can understand the sentiment.

I need to watch Green more to get a better feel of his overall game.

I am leery of undersized 2's who are not natural playmakers.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Man I'm sold on this guy straight up

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

#957 jimmyv281, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Green isn’t undersized tho unless his reported measurements are just completely inaccurate

Green is reportedly 6’5 with a 6’8 wingspan…the same as someone like Ray Allen who we wouldn’t call undersized

Harden is 6’5 although he has a longer wingspan…Beal is only 6’3, but I never considered him as being undersized for his position

his playmaking and defense are my concerns, but I think he shows promise as a playmaker, and as for his defense, we’re just gonna have to see

D-rock, Trackwell and RudyTBag like this.
  19. vince

vince Member

I'm not on the Suggs bandwagon yet, but I am most super intrigued by his ability. If after the Rockets interview all of the candidates, and decide that it's Suggs who will be the # 2 pick, I would not be one bit mad at the selection. Because if a team can find a talent equivalent to a Jason Kidd, you better take him - and I get Jason Kidd was not the best of shooters, but he was an amazing point guard who made teams better just by running a clean squad. His teams were always competitive and fun to watch; yes he needed scoring help, but with a PG as competent as Jason Kidd, you can be okay with a little less offense as he set the tempo and poise that greatly affects the outcome of a game.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Despite all the Rockets related love, i think he really does want to be #1 and aiming for it.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.