1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Draft Combine.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 20, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

This kid was once considered a lock for the lottery.

alethios and B-Bob like this.
  2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I’m thinking your number 2 pick in this draft needs to be part of your 5 man crunch time line up. I’m not sure if Mobley will always present that notion. There is a lot of risk with this kids development. We need to really focus on our “Hampton Five line up” we have like two guys we know will be there in crunch time.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hampton 5 is passe.

Set the trends, do not follow them.

Harden-CP3-Capela-Ariza-Tucker or Harden-Russ-Tucker-Tate-Wood would have eaten every team's lunch in this postseason.

I like Green, just not as much as Mobley.

Mobley is considered a Unicorn for good reason.

Rockets crunch time lineup:

Porter
    EGo
    Tate
    Mobley
    Wood

That's at least 3 players that can play elite defense and 3 players of high level offense.

And 4 ball handlers.

And 5 guys who can create their own shot.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  4. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Honest question is Mobley a better prospect than holmgren and banchero coming out next year or better than wenbanyana and Duren in 2023. Seems like “unicorn” bigs are becoming the norm.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great question.

What is likelihood that Rockets luck out with another top 2 pick, nevermind in 3 consecutive seasons?

And both Chet and Wembayana are as skinny or skinnier than Mobley.

Bird in the hand and all that.

giddyup and xaos like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Really big decision coming for them boyz, this draft, off-season, contracts, it all starts this summer.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Check the highlights Wiseman vs Mobley both looked like studs going at it. I was very impressed by both men Wiseman’s game translated obviously this year. I am sold Mobley will bring it!

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Evan played very well here. I don't think he has played that aggressively for the most part in college. I hope he will dispell some concerns of him being soft at times in the workouts. I don't know if he or Green are working out with professional developmental coaches right now.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is 6'5 plus in bare feet. I like his length, but he shouldn't be picked in the first round imo.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the whole Kentucky team and coach dropped their value. It looked like a Mchale coached team.

HTXSportsAddict and xiki like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wasn't as impressed with Wiseman this year, probably expected more but he is going to be a player in the future.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  14. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Evan's brother Isaiah ballin out at the combine

15. kevtse

kevtse Member

Jones has very good potential. I really like his high motor, like Montrez Harrell.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Cade can shoot and score and has really good size but he isn't ever going to be a great perimeter defender because he is laterally too slow and his playmaking at OKST was mediocre. He has a high floor and will be a really good player but he does have a few limitations that will limit him.

Evan is probably the best athlete in this draft and he has incredibly nimble and quick feet for someone his size. However he gets pushed around inside and for all the talk about his shooting, it wasn't good enough at USC.

Everyone loves Green because they think he will be a 25-28 point a game scorer. However he is a ways from that currently. He has poor playmaking vision and his shooting is very much up and down. He also will never be all that special defensively. He is still a really good prospect, but he has flaws.

Kuminga plays hard but has poor defensive instincts.

Barnes could easily be the #4 pick in this draft.

18. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

That means he is out of Rockets range if he does have good workouts.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also means mocks are really off

DrNuegebauer and COMPAQ CENTER like this.
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Aesthetically I would rather watch Green than Mobley so he's my pick. He makes scoring look so easy at such a young age and I love his demeanor/drive to get better. He emphasized getting better on defense and he has all the physical tools to be great on that end. Future star. Mobley is a question mark and I'm terrified he will be another Jabari Parker/Anthony Bennett/James Wiseman type.

FLASH21 and ApacheWarrior like this.