1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NC State out of college WS for Covid

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How stupid do you have to be to put your team at risk and not get the vaccine? Now the entire team is out of the College World Series.

Geez, just get the vaccine.

DD

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...ases-cdc-to-look-into-breakthrough-positives/

All nine people (three coaches, five staff members and one player) who tested positive had been fully vaccinated, the team said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...e-not-satisfied-performance-phoenix-suns-loss

"S--- happens, and it did," Paul said of his eight-day isolation period from the team because of testing positive for the coronavirus, even though he was already vaccinated. "I'm here now. So I'm cool."

https://apnews.com/article/college-...tball-health-eef7cf307cd761ccc3c4009dd0341250

After the game on Friday, North Carolina State coach Elliott Avent grew frustrated and wouldn’t answer directly when asked if he or the baseball program encouraged players to be vaccinated.

“My job is to teach them baseball, make sure they get an education and keep them on the right track forward,” he said. “But I don’t try to indoctrinate my kids with my values or my opinions. Obviously, we talk about a lot of things. But these are young men that can make their own decisions and that’s what they did.”

Avent rolled his eyes when asked if he’s been vaccinated.

“If you want to talk baseball, we can talk baseball,” he said. “If you want to talk politics or stuff like that, you can go talk to my head of sports medicine, Rob Murphy.”

NC State did not immediately respond to a request for an interview with Murphy.

The NCAA does not require athletes, coaches and other staff working closely with a team to be tested for COVID-19 if they are fully vaccinated and showing no symptoms. Those who are not vaccinated must be tested at NCAA championships. Tests are done every other day at the CWS.

tinman, napalm06, King1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. DaDakota

Coach wussed out, should have required vaccination.

DD

airflights92 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hail State! Beat Vandy!

5. Theking

Theking Member

You know everyones personal situations now do you? Take a look at the crowd - were they all vaccinated? Since you know it all

6. Theking

Theking Member

And.. 4 of the 6 were vaccinated and not allowed to play.. so......?

raining threes likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's wrong about everything. Always

Theking likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Encouraging the staff and players to get a vaccine during a pandemic isn’t political or indoctrination. It’s just being smart. Some people didn’t get shots and now the entire team pays the price.

airflights92 and Brando2101 like this.
  9. raining threes

BS

And I've been vaccinated.

We dont live in China. Although we're having to live with the repercussions from the plague the Chinese put on the world. Pure Evil. Tell me if Vaccines are the be all end all why did kids that had been vaccinated still get the Covid? Or why have 60% of the people who've worked with Faucci chosen not to get vaccinated?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The vaccine is not 100% effective. It is like 92% effective. But if only 8% of the people get it you exponentially reduce the spread rate. You can look at the data from people getting vaccine and covid rates dropping. Should you not get the polio vaccine? This is not political issue at all. You get the vaccine the chance of you getting covid drops a lot.

airflights92 and Brando2101 like this.
  12. raining threes

Didn't get the Covid before the vaccine and because I do business with nursing home, I opted to get the vaccine. It made my life easier. But I believe in individual choices.

13. DaDakota

LOL blaming someone for a virus is so dumb.....a virus knows no country.

Getting vaccinated is just smart.

DD

14. raining threes

We now know where the virus started. Ask yourself why the Chinese wont let the lab to be checked out?

What we dont know is whether the Chinese put a plague on the world intentionally to get rid of Trump. (Did you notice how the Yen dropped when it looked like Trump was going to win the POTUS and they stopped the vote? Ever ask yourself why those states did that?

Or the Chinese decided to with hold info about the virus from the rest of the world so they could profit off of the virus. (Notice the Chinese hoarding of masks?) Either way is pure evil. I will let you decide which scenario you want to believe. Or you can continue to bury your head in the sand. Good Evening

15. Buck Turgidson

I love that all of you now care so much about the CWS, after not posting a single post about it since the regionals started a month-plus ago.

Assclowns, the whole lot of you,

Sincerely,

DD

cosign JR, and that other guy

airflights92 and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  16. HTXSportsAddict

Blaming someone for a virus is dumb? Yikes. You might want to actually look into what China did. It'll probably be happening again in the near future unless they are held accountable. I would think everyone, regardless of political affiliation, could agree with that. But this country has gone off the rails completely so maybe not.

raining threes likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too much bunting. they should have just gone for home runs.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

RT didn’t care about UT football until his whiteness was threatened. He’s a weird dude that doesn’t ever bring anything of value to the board except dumb old white man rage.

airflights92 likes this.
  20. raining threes

I've been following UT football since 1969.

You want to talk Street/Worster/Bertlsen etc... we can do it. Should I add in some AA players like Leaks so you will feel more comfortable? BTW, The Eyes of Texas isn't a racist song. It's like saying guns kill people. People have been killing people long before guns came along. Someboy's being racist here but it isn't me. That mirror should have a bright and shiny reflection this morning.

Rage? LMAO, I certainly dont get much of any emotion when it comes to people like you. In fact I'm thankful for the many minority friends I have. (I bet I've got many more than you do.) and also for the opportunities I've worked with them over the years. They've helped my family financially over the years and for that I'm very grateful. (Probably something you could never understand.) I'm just glad they dont look at the world the way you do.

#20 raining threes, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021