1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about #23 and #24?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kiwirocketsfan, Jun 24, 2021.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

only way i would do that is if we're swapping for that teams number one also.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

6'8 Long Wingspan Small Forwards, on defense can defend Point Guards with their Lateral Quickness, High Vertical Jumper.

Can help in Rebounding and Switch Defense.

Hui likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He’s too old

Jontro likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Day'Ron Sharpe (North Carolina,

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What are the chances Shariffe Cooper really has had a growth spurt? If he is at least 6'2/6'3 then he may jump up into the lottery. If a 6'2/6'3 Cooper makes it to 23 the Rockets really should consider picking him.

saleem likes this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Draft Jalen Green at #2, then go after defense at #23 and #24

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who are your choices there?

8. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I thought Cooper measured out well, he was taller than his listed height at Auburn.

He did.

Sharife Cooper (6”3.5”) without shoes.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Trea Mann is a flipping BALLER! Go check his highlights extremely skillful! Too easy!

rockets1995 and PatBev like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I read that too. Some people are saying it's a typo.

11. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Bones Hyland measured out at 6'3 with a 6'9(!) wingspan. He's also 170 lbs lol. Had a nice performance in a glorified scrimmage.

Can't help but compare him to Immanuel Quickley. Small-ish guard thats not a traditional PG, but a shooting threat from anywhere on the court.

I'm still leaning towards a wing (K.Edwards, T.Murphy III, I.Livers) and big (Thor plz) with the two later picks, but Bones would be fun to watch.

D-rock likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Absolutely, I love Evan Mobley. Charles Bassey looks great to me. Kai Jones would be awesome but we have almost no shot at him. Usman Garuba, Greg Brown, Isaiah Jackson... to me this is a deep draft. I'm picking all of our picks, no trades, maybe buy a draft pick in the 2nd round if we can.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Given that we aren’t going anywhere this year, we have our own pick, and most of our liabilities like Wall turn into asset contracts after this season, I don’t think it makes sense to trade picks for established players. I think we should still be trying to acquire picks; truly take advantage of next year being another rebuilding year.

Bima, how many draft picks can we actually use this year without having cap issues? Could we draft four 1st round picks without any issues, say if we pick up an extra pick for moving back a spot from #2? People say the draft is deep this year.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

I'd even consider getting more firsts somehow some way. Now is the time to be able to find gems. We're not trying to compete, might aswell try some guys and see what you have. As we know, if you're trying to compete, the opportunity to play late 1sts any significant minutes goes down a lot.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rockets worked out Tre Mann

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...-mann-confirms-workout-rockets-233759750.html

In confirmation of apparent news from his Instagram page, University of Florida product Tre Mann said he recently worked out with the Houston Rockets as part of his preparations for the 2021 NBA draft.

Per Kelly Iko of The Athletic, Mann said at Thursday’s NBA draft combine in Chicago that his recent meeting and workout with the Rockets was his first with any team. The 6-foot-4 guard said he enjoyed the process and believes he performed well in 3-on-3 and 1-on-1 drills, and Mann thinks he would fit well on Houston’s roster, according to Iko.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

As much as I love Luka, it's too much of a trade.

Jontro, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  17. kiwirocketsfan

I watched a bit of JT Thor shooting, decent stroke but looked out of shape.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Trey Murphy, Joe Wieskamp, Kessler Edwards and Herb Jones too.

If Mobley at #2 then:

7'0 Evan Mobley
    6'9 JT Thor
    6'10 Vrenz Bleijenbergh (point forward)

If Green at #2 then:

6'6 Jalen Green
    6'8 Jalen Johnson (point forward)
    6'10 Isaiah Jackson

If Cade falls to #2 then:

6'8 Cade Cunningham (point forward)
    6'10 Kai Jones (trade up)
    6'7 Joe Wieskamp

And buying a SRP to steal Scottie Lewis is a MUST in any of above scenarios.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What happened to Makur Maker? Is he off the board?

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It's funny, I looked at this initially and saw three youngin's and thought OK, D-rock is reaching on this one, but they did a great job and I believe they likely are doing a better job of grading some of the prospects than some of the National writers. For example, I think their Roko ratings are closer to where he could go.

roslolian and D-rock like this.