1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think Cade along with everyone else taking a step up in performance gets us late lotto. Anyone else and i think we can get top 4 pick again which looks good, but just sucks to watch another painful season. I hope we make up our mind and just tell Wall to kick rocks if he doesn't want to come off the bench and just give our young guys full starter minutes and KPj the keys to run the point. He's got to learn on the job starting now. There's rookies with more on court experience than him right now. Let him loose and give him freedom to mess up.

saleem likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade and Green over Mobley easily and with no hesitation…it’s a perimeter player’s league

Which big not named Embiid or Jokic is carrying a franchise anywhere of significance? Towns puts up monster numbers, and his team is still always ass. Gobert has huge impact defensively, but it is Mitchell who leads that team.

guy like Deandre Ayton recently taken #1 overall…he’s playing really well, I give him props, but he is at best the 3rd best and 3rd most important player on his team

perimeter players that can shoot and playmake are running this league

a lot of these skinny 7 footers who are mobile and try to do more than just catch lobs are also injury prone starting with AD and Porzingis

Richie_Rich, Nick_713, Caesar and 9 others like this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Every time I read something about Jalen Green there is always the term "dynamic scorer" mentioned. This is what the Rockets need next to our Harden 2.0. Another dynamic scorer.
    The possibilities alone are enough to not pass on this kind of talent.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Is Green good defensively??
    Does he have potential to be good defensively??
    Is he efficient at scoring??
    Is he good playing off-ball or is he ball dominant??
    Is he money at FTs??

I have these concerns for Green

Caesar, Jontro, sydmill and 1 other person like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All yes. Seriously. The thing that Green has over most of the top 5 including Cade is his G-league experience. Which is one more step closer to the NBA than college. It says a lot more than what people are thinking. I project that he will be a 12-15 pt a game scorer in his rookie season. He will be the sole reason KPJ averages a double double next season at PG.

Now guess what he did after that 17 game season? He started working on getting better. He is going to hit the floor running.

Caesar, Bo6, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

A Top 4 pick please, but I chose Cade anyways.

Nick_713, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Of course. Kawhi is 14th pick. Mitchell is 13th pick. There are plenty of good players in the draft. Scouts need to look at not only talent but also work ethic and BBIQ.

D-rock, Bo6, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

any team that drafts mobley over green deserves to be a lottery team. same **** as bagley over luka.

i don't see how anyone looks at jalen's green g-league tape and NOT get excited. i mean this kid came straight from high school and are playing PROFESSIONALS some have 7+ years in the league like jeremy lin... and he did it in limited games. whose to say he wouldn't have gotten better with an extra 15 games under his belt? think about his adjustment from the high school to NBA 3 pointer alone.

anyways i haven't seen a prospect like him in a long while. who does he remind you of? those are the type of prospects thats do really well in the pros.. the ones you don't have an exact comp for.

honestly i'm fanboying hard but i would take him #1 overall now. he's had an incredibly long off-season with the g-league ending so soon that i think with a near 6+ month long "off-season" with some actual NBA money already in his pocket, he should come out of the gates as an absolute monster.

#1550 Bo6, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  11. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

message taken.

If Kawhi was picked 14th he would have been a Rocket :)

He was selected 15th by the Pacers.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I do not have problem drafting Jalen Green, his upside is off the charts.

But disparaging the better all around player in Mobley (or Cade) does not help your argument.

If Jalen Green is our pick, then I hope Rockets surround him with long switchable defensive players with picks 23 & 24.

1st - 6'5 Jalen Green
    23rd - 6'9 Greg Brown
    24th - 6'10 Vrenz Bleijenbergh

Trade House or DJ Augustin for SRP and take 6'10 JT Thor, 6'5 Scottie Lewis, 6'7 Herb Jones or 6'11 EJ Onu.

Porter
    Khyri
    Jalen Green
    Olynyk
    Wood

HOUnds 2nd Unit

Wall
    EGo
    Tate
    KJ
    Greg Brown

Bench: Snipa, Nwaba, Vrenz, Spalding, Thor

2 Way: Scottie Lewis, EJ Onu

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I agree with everyone. I really like Mobley IF we already drafted Green or Cade. Basically i'd be extremely hype if he was potentially our pick next year after Cade/Green along with KPj solidify the backcourt/wings in a perimeter players league. In that scenario you lock up your front court and your wings for years to come, and i have said before that if this is the draft to pass on a big and our likely poor record next year-next years draft is big heavy to make up for it and even if Jaden Hardy is BPA or #1 pick Cade can play the 3, KPj the 1 and Hardy the 2 in a scenario where we decide to pass on Jalen Green.

I'm more hype on Banchero or Holmgren than i am Mobley.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who do you like more - Jalen Green or Jaden Hardy?

Both 6'5 185-190.

Green has slightly more vertical pop but Hardy is longer, better passer, rebounder and defender.

Hardy will be a top 5 player too next draft.

As for offense ... think Harden moves with Steph range.

No exaggeration.

#1554 D-rock, Jun 12, 2021
    Caesar and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

oops

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  16. sydmill

sydmill Member

I just don't know enough to comfortably put Green up with Cade or Mobley. To be in the top 3 he would need to be in the Kobe or MJ class. There is just so much talent in the wing that I think you need that quality of pure scorer off guard to warrant that pick. Cade and Mobley don't need to be historically good at their position to be worth such a pick given the rarity of such players.

Just think he'd have to better prospect than a JRich, Spree or even a Wade or TMac.

#1556 sydmill, Jun 12, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m still Cade then Green but to me Mobley is now a VERY close third. This is a change for me.

why?

I’m increasingly seeing the value of that super long, capable, five position defender. And if that guy can also give you 20 points… even if 14 of them are off oops, putbacks or creation by other players… so be it.

That said… I’m also increasingly of the opinion that Mobley might be more than that… especially as he develops… however I’d definitely need to be in the room and on the court when he comes in for the workout(s) to gauge that offensive capability. I’d love to see him in g league like scrimmages.

which is why Green is so intriguing. Obviously g league isn’t everything. Fringe NBA players can dominate the g league. But it at least gives you a look at the player in more of an nba style game.

#1557 JayZ750, Jun 12, 2021
    D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

But can Mobley defend 1-5 positions in the NBA? The dude is super thin, super lanky, with a terrible center of gravity.

Bo6, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Pray for a top 4 pick! It will get so risky as they countdown the teams. Keep imagining Hakeem holding the number one pick card!

sydmill, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout a Booker or Donovan Mitchell

Caesar, coachbadlee and D-rock like this.