1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jewish people attacked in .....California

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 21, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Man Pac was right
    they mad in LA

3. Nook

Nook Member

What marginalized group will be attacked next?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

You got Asians being attacked, now the Jews

Does this mean nobody is showing up to campus at USC?

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This guy is the real victim

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and FrontRunner like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What the F is wrong with people. I'm not a fan of Israeli policy, but this is stupid.

tinman, deb4rockets, glynch and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You know...... the guy works really hard, and he works at bettering himself as a person and he takes chances....... but he is turning into the angry old white guy that would join fight club if he could. He has tremendous personal success, he is extremely wealthy, he is in good health and as far as I can tell his wife is loyal land lets him do whatever he wants...... he really needs to take a step back with the alienation of the white male.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AleksandarN, mikol13, tinman and 2 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Don't be fooled. Have you ever been to Palestine? The people in Palestine in many cases would love nothing better than to kill all the Jews in Israel.

I do not agree with Israel at all on their policies, and I have empathy for the marginalized Palestinians but there is DEEP hatred on both sides.

AleksandarN, tinman and clos4life like this.
  10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You could apply this same take to Israel wanting to kill all Palestinians. When you have innocent lives being murdered by next door neighbors, of course those societies will have a deep hatred of one another. It doesn't make one right and the other wrong.

I really don't understand the Joe Rogan hatred. I enjoy most of his podcasts (not a fan when he has politicians on), but people are attacking him for having an opinion. The world has gone crazy... agree with me or git out.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Don't be silly. You don't have to have gone to Israel to know that this is not true.
    BTW when you went to Israel we can assume you talked to dozens of Palestinians of various backgrounds and nearly all told you they want to kill all Jews.
    Since you want to do the "both sides trope" along with the "DEEP hatred" can we also assume that the Jews would love to kill all Palestinians? Come on.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a Godly religious way to think isn't it? I just don't understand wars based on religion. War is anything but humane, regardless of the reason people use to slaughter others.

AleksandarN and Nook like this.
  13. dobro1229

You know it's funny now in the moment because it's so obnoxious for Rogan to go all white middle aged grievance on us... but in the end it is probably more sad. I mean the guy has the ear of millions and millions of middle aged dudes, and influence beyond belief. I never expected him to be the next Gondi, but I did expect some self awareness.

Middle Aged dudes all go through this period where they are drawn to what Rogan is selling in the mid life crisis headspace. The book/film Fight Club speaks to that very regular period of time in a dudes life where they kind of become whiny aggrieved jerks, and also is pretty blunt about the dangers of feeding that sentiment.... (obviously since they become a cult). It used to be 45 year old men would go buy a Mazda Miata, and go to Autocross on Saturdays to feel empowered, and convince themselves they have their balls back. Now they channel their grievances into joining white supremacist groups who try to overthrow the US government.

That's whats so frustrating here is the lack of self awareness of Rogan to not understand that his audience is almost all going through the mid life crisis, and for him to knowingly feed into the sentiment of white male grievance (white dudes being cancelled ahhhhh!!!) is just mind boggling.... unless he just legit WANTS to press that issue which seems increasingly more and more likely.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. dobro1229

I think in this case, and in most others the religious aspect is just used as a tool to battle for land which in the middle east still means power and wealth. ISIS was the best example. In the end, their religious prophecy kept getting debunked, but it became more and more clear that the end goal was always to carve out that land, and tax the hell out of it's residents. I mean what do you think would happen if the Wyoming, and the Dakotas all the sudden had no US military support, no police force, and no real governing body??

For Jerasulem it's just a supercharged situation because it's such a status symbol of the middle east given it's historical significance. The religion IMO is just an excuse to try and lay claim to land that represents power and wealth.

Nook likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

This doesn’t happen in Houston
    But then again we don’t riot when we win championships like they do

We are the city of Hakeem
    The Center
    @Space Ghost

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, you can assume that there are plenty of Jews in Israel that would like to kill Palestinians. If you don't think there is a sizeable number of Palestinians and Jews that want to kill each other in that region then I don't know what to tell you. It is an attitude I heard often in my trips to that part of the world.

AleksandarN likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He is going through it himself, and that is why he fails to see it. He also seems to "bro" a lot with some questionable guys...

18. tinman

Supporting Member

there’s no basketball movie where a Palestinian and Jew hustle people for money

Nook likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

White people are being attacked in America every day

20. Nook

Nook Member

Religion and culture and history all intersect. It is a powder keg for sure.

tinman and deb4rockets like this.