1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now you tell me! I got it in my non-dominant arm. I did try to work it out during the day though and by the end of the day it was way better.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

A+ blood type. Had the coronavirus in early March and got the Pfizer shot last Friday. Had no side effects at all.

sammy and boomboom like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything has suddenly turned blue and I see "404 Error" in white letters floating infront of me. Should I be worried?;)

cmoak1982 and TWS1986 like this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The arm soreness didn't hit me until a day later and that was a b****. I went to jiujitsu the next day and I was wondering why in the hell I was torturing myself. Eventually the pain numbed a bit, but I wanted to tap just from it being touched or putting any weight on it.

I probably shouldn't have worked out, but whatever o_O *shrug emoji* *facepalm emoji*

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Facepalm indeed...

[​IMG]

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

so at first I assumed this was a evangelical private school until I read where they believe in the healing power of crystals..then I knew it was run by extreme left hippies (the original anti-vaxxers). Looked at their website and it was confirmed. My question is if a hospital has the right to ask all of their employees to be vaccinated, does a wacky private school have the right to say NONE of their employees are allowed to get the vaccine?

Florida school says they won’t employ people who get COVID-19 vaccinations

https://www.cbs17.com/news/south/fl...NFB-k3osDhOa-ZvfrG-Rc0rMUbFUTEU4-kfTvbwoyNjbY

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I got my 2nd shot (Pfizer) last Tuesday. I went to bed feeling a little more tired than usual. Arm a bit sore. I woke up at 1AM with a fever and body aches. I did not get back to sleep. I spent the entire day dealing with a raging fever and a monster headache. I woke up the next day feeling relatively OK. That first 36 hours was absolutely miserable though.

mikol13 and boomboom like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hoda and Jenna said if you drink lots of water before you get your second shot...you won't experience those symptoms. I call BS. But, all I drink is water (w/ an occasional milk in cereal). I should be totally hydrated.

I lifted heavy weights and ran on the treadmill yesterday. I was so fricking sore last night all over. That said...I'm in decent shape activity-wise. Got my second Pfizer dose today. I will see how I feel later.

boomboom likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

CVS recommended a follow up in two weeks for TDAD and HPV shots and getting everyone to sign up for appointments.

Anyone else come across this?

10. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

My mom, 86, had no reaction to the second Pfizer shot. Wife, 54, didn't either. Well, except for a really sore shoulder.

I only had body aches and chills for about 6 hours, starting about 14 hours after the shot. After that, and not sleeping much because of it and getting a pretty bad headache, nothing. So glad to have that done!

mikol13 and boomboom like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Everyone in my immediate and extended family have now had the shots. Not one person experienced anything more than a sore shoulder for about two days.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2nd Pfizer shot 6 hours ago. So far so good.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to chime in that my side effects were mild after both Pfizer doses; muscle aches for about 12 hours and a sore arm. The story about abandoned second doses this week was unsettling.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I pretty much felt like **** last night and still do this morning. Woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and body aches. Fun. I didn’t just go to bed. I basically passed out in bed almost as soon as I laid down. Maybe working out the day before wasn’t the best idea.

boomboom likes this.
  15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm fairly surprised that it seems like the shot rate is going down, and there's some many folks unwilling to get the vaccine. I just read the signs on the freeway about free vaccines at NRG, wait time: 0 minutes.

Wife and I had very little side effects, aside from sore arm and some aches and chills. We still worked and took care of kids and what not with no problems.

boomboom likes this.
  16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Is this you?

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The 404 Error is preventing me from beat boxing. Might need to do a hard restart

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. By about noon started feeling light headed and last night was feeling awful with a lot of chills. Of course woke up in the middle night with sweats. Still feeling chilled today and my appetite is down along with my arm has been sore.

I’ve been trying to get work done but not easy.

boomboom likes this.
  19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot Wednesday. Feeling better today. Yesterday I had the same symptoms as rocketsjudoka. I was light headed / dizzy the same afternoon I got the shot. Slept most of yesterday afternoon.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

About 12 days ago I posted that we were at 50% of the 18+ population with one shot and right now we are at 55.4%. It does seem like things have slowed a bit, but maybe by the end of next month we will be in the low 50% range for the entire population with 1 shot. Israel is roughly around 60% and their covid cases are down to almost nothing.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

[​IMG]