1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood - where is the consistency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 10, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

I don't advocate ped use..stay away
    . Bad for ur health (not really but I have to say that on here)....I do wonder how big and better wood would be after a offseason of tren+hgh.. bigger faster.. but you don't want to gain too much muscle because then it's too much weight on your ankle and also kills cardio gaining to much muscle..but man he's skinny.. if I was him and I was looking at a Max contract in a couple years if I stay healthy I would totally take Peds like I just mentioned... NBA is interesting , just gaining an extra 5 ppg and 2rpg can Make u MILLIONS more on your next contract

I mean he'll we have a couple of posters on here taking what I just mentioned and they just do it for fun they are not even professional athletes

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Woods is fools gold

Milos likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol you totally missed the point...short version, I don't think he will ever be as good as bosh(who I wouldn't build around too) that's my point. He is not n will not ever be a guy good enough to carry a team. Hell ad couldn't so it, n what u think wood will someday be good enough to. You don't build around bigs unless the 3 example I give. Cause you knew those guys was that good, day 1. Idk bout you but I watch enough basketball to be able to see potential. Not to pat myself on the back, I told my family before we got harden I would super max him if I was harden. To me it was obvious given more responsibility he would be a all star player. N I juat have more fate in guards/wings then bigs since like quarterbacks they control the game alot more then a running back or defensive player...idc if you jj watt. You will never be able to do as much as a qb. Now there are exceptions. But it's super super rare.

So if you wanna win. You better get 2 other guys that are better then wood on this team.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hard to believe Wood is almost thirty.

chadyang, dmoneybangbang and apollo33 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

they grow up so fast

chadyang, dmoneybangbang and apollo33 like this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

Steph didn’t need to get bigger/ stronger to have a major impact - just needed to stay healthy. But I get the point - it’s never too late to transform your body.

I hope Wood takes getting stronger seriously, I just won’t hold my breathe.

jb86 likes this.
  7. csc177

csc177 Member

A part of me wants to agree with this...but I’m holding out hope

8. farhen

farhen Member

all bark no bite
    is actually an overrated center/forward

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wood has aged 5 years this season on clutchfans

34to11, Denovo, cmlmel77 and 4 others like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Wood is fine offensively... the lack of good point guard play is hurting him.

Defensively.... I think he can be a serviceable weak side blocker and can be a little switchable WITH the right mindset and effort.

11. jb86

jb86 Member

Steph did put on at least 10 pounds of lean muscle since his rookie year. And of course he wears special shoes so he won't have those ankle injuries he would have in the past.

gfab-babyboi and csc177 like this.
  12. jb86

jb86 Member

He will gain the right amount. If he wants to be a true force, he has to lift this off-season.

csc177 and BamBam like this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

An example I think of is Clint C....who was skinnier than Wood when he first got to Houston. But he was a gym rat and literally got noticeably bigger and stronger every year (i think there is a thread on CFs tracking it). I just don't think Wood has the same attitude that Clint had. Capela is now 26 (a year older than Wood) and has reached his ideal physique/strength to battle in the NBA year in and year out. Don't see Wood wanting to transform his body or be a dog in the weight room (he would have made those strides by now as he turns 26 this year). Giannis, already 26, is another example of wanting to transform his body, and doing so every year, to take on the league.

Wood is highly, highly skilled for a guy 6'10, he knows that, and I think he'll probably continue to ride that wave - like a Marcus Camby & Durant type...skinny, lacking strength, but with long arms for blocking shots and a ton of skill on the offensive end.

jb86 likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Just to put this all into perspective, our best player was a league scrub, who is currently playing with scrubs, so to ask for consistency is a bit much at this point. But again, the reality is that Wood may be exactly what he was and we need to know that is a possibility. We won't know until he plays with talent if he can hold a higher standard.

amaru, saleem and DaDakota like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now up to 9.9 rebounds in 14 games this month...138 boards.....

DD

csc177 and saleem like this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Right where it needs to be at this point in time

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kind of want him to be a 20-10 guy, he has 37 boards in the last 2 games, would be nice if he goes on a Capela like board run.

DD

csc177 likes this.
  18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It don't have nothing to do with no injury. You either got it or you dont.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So much potential to be even better.

Please lord, lift weights like a damn madman this offseason. Become an unselfish, defensive monster.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just checking to see if anybody's still worried about our (involuntary) tanking wasting Christian Wood's prime....