1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Sure it will pop up on Youtube a day or two after. Surlyhorns might be your best shot at finding a stream.

2. Buck Turgidson

My chickensh!t Ma & Pa Backyard Toolshed Cable Company here in Marble Falls literally gives me LHN on 4 channels for reasons I cannot fathom...2 HD and 2 SD. I'd give one of them to Drebin if I could.

gucci888 likes this.
  3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

4. Buck Turgidson

@Frank Drebin you're not missing anything other than about 6 dropped passes and 2 QBs who would like to scramble when needed but are not allowed to. Bijan is stupid good, I hope they just sit him now, he doesn't need reps, he's just special.

I've never watched a spring game before and I'm beginning to realize why. Back to the bbq pit.

eta: I was just told Dicker drilled a 60 yard FG with room to spare

#13584 Buck Turgidson, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  5. Buck Turgidson

Apparently Thompson threw a 95 yard pick 6 to Jameson. I'm frankly more interested in the baseball and volleyball teams right now. Wake me up when they play real football, I'm cool with whatever Coach wants to do as long as it involves putting the ball in Bijan's hands 25 times a game, minimum.

eta: I will say the UT v Okie St baseball game is hilarious. Few fans, no broadcasters, but mics on the field. You can hear every single bit of creative profanity from both dugouts and the batter/pitcher.

#13585 Buck Turgidson, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    raining threes likes this.
  6. gucci888

Practice reports on WRs haven’t been favorable and that showed to be true today. Way too many drops including a TD bomb by Thompson. Both him and Card looked pretty good otherwise.

Not much to take away overall though. Looks like we’ll have a legit QB battle come the fall.

7. gucci888

Also nice WR addition to 21 class. 4th ranked player out of Cali just got out of his NLI with Michigan. Elite speed.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Good call Gucci! Game was up on youtube a few hours afterwards.

Boy Bijan is good! Prince Dorbah made some plays which was nice considering no real news on him during the spring.

QB competition still very much up in the air. I trust in Sark. I get the sense Thompson prefers to run/scramble a little too soon before going completely through his progression, while Card might wait a little too long in the pocket hoping something opens up and he can laser one out.
    O line needs work pass blocking but should be good opening holes for the RB's. Secondary didn't get tested much and everything was very vanilla, naturally.
    Overall, the commentators seemed positive about the vibe around the program. Guys are having fun playing for Sark. In his interview, Sark really does seem like a genuine and caring human being. I'll take some more of that Kool-Aid right about now, thank you!

gucci888 likes this.
  9. gucci888

One of the bigger surprises was Card not getting some reps with the ones which Sark could happen. Not sure what to make of it, if anything, but that 2nd OL unit struggled most of the game. Card’s TD pass to Washington was a beauty.

10. Brando2101

Homeless situation is a bit dicey but everyone should agree that this is a really stupid take.

11. Brando2101

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bye!!

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Brando2101

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thoughts and prayers go to him his family and friends.

raining threes likes this.
  16. raining threes

Austin is slowly turning into Seattle.

Exactly how is this a stupid take?

And yes I've lived in Austin for a couple of years, not that that should matter.

Couldn't stand the homeless hitting me up for money on Guadalupe back then and I cant imagine that it's better in today's climate.

17. Brando2101

Austin thanks you for leaving. You are not missed.

Also, I can't believe THAT's what you want to comment about right now. Good lord.

18. raining threes

What do you want me to comment on?

I dont miss Austin although I do enjoy the fruits of extracting money out of the Austin economy.

19. Buck Turgidson

When my brother was at school there, after me, late 90's, he had some shaggy hair and a guitar and between classes he'd post up on Guadalupe or around the Quad and kill time. One day this family comes by and starts talking to him, asking if he's ok and everything. Then they gave him 2 pairs of socks and a toothbrush and soap and....that's when he realized "these people think I'm homeless"

rockbox, Rudyc281, DonnyMost and 2 others like this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely tragic. Prayers to the Ehlinger family and everyone at UT who knew Jake.

Did your brother never tell you about what goes down in West Campus while he was in school?

Edit: I see you were responding to Brian Davis' tweet about Prop B, not Jake Ehlinger's death.