1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It's not The_Conquistador's style, but that is an enormous caboose on the woman on the right.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That's the Ames Haren special. Right after a hungover, 2-11 night with 6 turnovers HIT THA CLUB as soon as your workday ends. After a bottle the hangover is gone and you slide between them cheeks.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they've got text messages from Deshaun, Deshaun's manager asking them to sign NDAs, Deshaun asking them to sign NDAs, potential witnesses that could testify to conversations the massage therapists had with friends or family just after the incident that could corroborate the story (like what SI did with the woman on their story), evidence that shows Deshaun frequently requested to be alone in massages and him stating that it is difficult to find a massage therapist that "meets his needs" and him texting semi-apologies for massage therapists feeling uncomfortable... then to me it is not he said/she said. That's probably "a preponderance of evidence" to a decent majority of people in this city.

I think what Buzbee has is way more than he said/she said. I mean, he turned away 5 other women that wanted to file lawsuits. Clearly he has some threshold for evidence that he requires before he will take them on as clients.

primtim24 likes this.
  4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he probably needs to see the receipts before taking the case.

Just blows my mind that he'd put himself in this position. Regardless of which side one chooses to believe, hopefully, the truth will prevail and justice served. Just unfortunate all around as this is either an egregious shakedown/character assassination or D4 has serially targeted and assaulted women.

5. Fantasma Negro

6. likestohypeguy

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rusty Hardin to Judge Dedra Davis on Deshaun Watson lawsuit: 'Salacious allegations about our client (from Tony Buzbee). Our client needs to know who are our accusers. We've counted up 25 Facebook posts, Instagram 14 times, has released private emails.'

Tony Buzbee, plaintiffs' attorney, said that Ashley Solis, original plaintiff, has received multiple death threats. He has posted emails that include profanities directed toward her: 'I respectfully disagree with Mr. Hardin about the rules'

Tony Buzbee said he is willing to release the names of the alleged victims to Rusty Hardin confidentially

Judge Dedra Davis: 'We need a balancing act.' Says both sides are entitled to fair treatment and follow the law and protect interests of accused (Deshaun Watson) and accusers. Unfortunately, everything has been thrown into the spotlight'

Judge Dedra Davis at emergency hearing: 'At this particular time, I'm going to grant attorney (Rusty) Hardin's request. You are excused.'

Judge Dedra Davis to Tony Buzbee: 'I think I was real clear.' In emergency hearing, Rusty Hardin's request granted to reveal the name of original plaintiff in a new filing in Harris County District Court.

Now that Rusty Hardin's request that original plaintiff disclose identity has been granted by Judge Dedra Davis, 12 more civil cases requesting names of alleged victims be disclosed to be heard at 11 a.m. before Judge Rabeea Sultan Collier

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The demands so far give zero indication they're trying to take him for everything he's got.

Nook, BigM and ElPigto like this.
  9. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

I’m surprised Hardin didn’t do this sooner to discourage other victims to come forward.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I get the tactics but that is just a sad statement.
    Discouraging victims to come forward because of hostility from a famous persons fans. Despicable

phasors28, Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How is someone supposed defend themselves without knowing their accusers?

likestohypeguy and jiggyfly like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I 100% believe you should know your accusers.

But to suppress more victims coming forward for fear of the hostility from the public isn’t right either. That’s why I said tactic.
    Hardin is going to smear these women in public, just to clear his client.
    Maybe some of them deserve it, most likely there’s quite a few that don’t.

UTSA2step likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I’m pretty sure Watson knows who his accusers are, he knew the 18 that defended him, he has receipts for communication.
    This is just to get names public to let the fans do what they do.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

DP

#2035 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

sport fans gonna sport fan

Chilly_Pete, Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

“He would file these anonymous lawsuits, announce he filed them or announced he was going to, 25 facebook posts of what’s going on, 14 instagram entries, 2 press conferences...”

“Selective excerpts, spin on what happened...”

“He used anonymity to get his side out.”

“Our [notebook] compilation of his social media activities about this case.”

— Rusty Hardin

#2038 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Buzbee:

Mr. Hardin worked cooperatively on many different cases. This case has taken on a life of it’s own. Hardin no stranger to the press. Look at how he in 2 days found 18 massage therapists. That was reported widely in the press. Mr. Hardin has done a good job in the press.

I want to show the court what people have said to Ms. Solis on her professional page. Here’s someone asking her to get raped, calling her names, “You signed your own death warrant”, he’ll put her in a ditch, on and on...

Mr. Hardin went on about me. It’s not about me. I’d ask the court take a moment to take a look at footnotes 9-11. ... The legislature has failed people who have come forward with sexual assault. ... Be careful what you ask for. There’s allegations they won’t come forward because they’re fake, allegation this is about money even though all have sued for the minimum and allegations against these women. They’re threatened against their lives. 12 cases are in your court. ... That individual said I feel emboldened, I feel strong now. Put my name in there. 9 of the 12 women we’ve been able to contact have agreed, don’t fight it. We’re willing to have our names heard now. As you’re pondering this motion, my only input is that this is a moot issue but for 9, it is a moot issue. I believe the Texas legislature has failed women brave enough to come forward. People are vicious, nasty and never know when a keyboard warrior may be brave out on the street.

Big difference between calling names and saying someone should be dead. Those are two very different things. We’ll amend on 9 of these cases. There’s a balancing test here. Consider the safety of these plaintiffs vs. due process.

#2039 J.R., Apr 9, 2021
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

#2040 J.R., Apr 9, 2021