1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

i had my mom on a lot of the waitlists but nothing ever panned out with them. But, then I got an appointment with Walgreens. BTW, if you have to set up a family member (my mom doesn't have an email address to create an account with), you can call their technical support number for assistance signing them up. She's got her first Pfizer dose and now I've got mine also through Walgreens. It was easy and both appointments are set up at the same time. Looking forward to being able to hug my mom again!

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Fortunately no side effects yet other than a really sore arm and a little fatigue. Good luck to everyone else on getting vaccinated! And Happy Easter

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Got my 2nd round of Moderna on Saturday. Hit me a bit Sunday evening with a headache and just feeling a bit off. Waking up this morning, I'm fine now.

malakas and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

No you are wrong. Astrazeneca has been repeatedly banned by many countries and right now Germany, Canada and Scadinavia prohibit it for under 60s. Germany even had to improvise and had the people who already had one dose Astrazeneca have the second be Pfizer or Moderna which is completely untested.
    Yesterday even the head of the UK CDC said that maybe people under 55 shouldn't get it.

We have choices at this point. We can have other vaccines so why risk it?
    Especialy women.

TWS1986 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Had my second Monderna at 1:30pm last Wednesday.

Was fine through the evening with a sore arm only. Woke up on Thursday 6/7am with a mild fever, achy all over, terrible headache. Pretty much the same thing all day. Friday it was like nothing happened.

RocketManJosh likes this.
  6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday and woke up 3AM with 103 degree fever and feeling terrible all over. My doc told me not to take anything so riding it out but sure hope it is done tomorrow like seems to be the case for many. Would love to get some sleep at some point.

Are there any theories as to why Pfizer doesn't seem to wreak as much havoc? Is it just the amount of the dose being much smaller?

7. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Nah, I think it’s more to do with your immune system response + age.

My sister had her Pfizer a day after I had my 2nd moderna. She had the same reactions the next day.

However, my BIL (other sister) has his moderna a few days after only had a sore arm and aches.

RocketManJosh likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've heard from people in the biz that the Moderna just has MOAR stuff in it than Pfizer and does seem to get more of a reaction in a greater number of people. In rushing these vaccines, they didn't have the normal time to do a ton of trials to get the dosage just right, so it may be a little of a sledgehammer.

But this is just third hand sharing. I don't really have any numbers to back that up. I've had more friends with a bad reaction to Moderna, but all of them recovered after a couple of days.

ElPigto and RocketManJosh like this.
  9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got my first Pfizer shot in Sacramento last Saturday. No side effects other than a sore arm.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just had my first Pfizer shot about 5 minutes ago. Waiting here to see if I have any sudden side effects.

Literally no wait whatsoever.

malakas and Sooty like this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Me too. So quick in and out!

Sooty likes this.
  12. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah I couldn’t believe how fast it was.

I ate about an hour after. Nothing tastes bad, but does taste different. I don’t think I’m imagining this. o_O

13. Surfguy

My shot was at a medical clinic situated near a hospital 10 minutes from me. They had it all marked and you shuffled through almost like sheep being herded. I was literally there for 25 minutes total with no wait at all.

I haven’t really felt any side effects but I think my arm is going to get sore here. You got me paranoid on the taste buds thing now. Hmm.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Umm WHAT

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. mikol13

Supporting Member

Nope, I’m good. No issues whatsoever. I’ll chalk the good thing up to something different. What that is, I have no idea. My arm isn’t even sore today.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Meh. Clickbaity.

"Of those who got the Moderna shot, 73 percent said they had an injection site reaction, compared with 65 percent of people who got Pfizer's vaccine, the study found....

"Nearly 51 percent of Moderna recipients reported experiencing full-body symptoms, compared with 48 percent of those who got the Pfizer shot."

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Michigan on it's way to surpassing it's previous Coivd peak despite 33% of the population with at least 1 shot

That's pretty heartbreaking, and terrifying. The variants aren't a joke.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This video relates to the Oxford vaccine side effects that they are dealing with in Europe right now. I always play him on 1.5x speed, but the general takeaway is perfectly healthy people under 30 are at higher risk but extremely minor risk from the Oxford vaccine than they are are from covid. Every other group including unhealthy under 30 should get the Oxford vaccine.

20. Surfguy

I think all of us on the vaccine are just going to disintegrate one day coming up and end up a pile of red dust adjacent to a pile of clothes we were wearing.

[​IMG]

Then, a new world order left led by Trumpanzees who rejected Covid-19 as a hoax and didn't get vaccinated...led by Ted Nugent. Then, planet of the apes.