1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Action Network) Rockets interested in Aaron Gordon???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Exactly, who does he think he is.... HARDEN!

rgw20014life, ramotadab and saleem like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tate is 6'4" he is not a long term solution at the PF spot....he is a versatile wing player and a fill in at PF at times.

DD

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden has done quite a bit my friend.

As a Rockets fan you should know that better than those ignorant fans and media outside of Houston.

raining threes and rgw20014life like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need a long athletic 2 way 4 who is 6'7 or bigger to do what Tate does.

That same player should also be able to play small ball 5 as well.

But Tate is a keeper.

Key member of our HOUnds 2nd unit.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Definitely, he has a lot for the Houston Rockets, but the manner in which he left was unprofessional. I still want him to win against everyone apart from our Houston Rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

There will be no next great team with your strategy.

I prefer Morey's process to Hinkie's.

Trading away best assets and tanking every season doesn't just make the team younger, less skilled and less accountable - but it creates an atmosphere of quitting, a loser mentality, a toxic culture.

You can have all the young talent you want but no one in their right mind will stay and no FA will ever sign with the Rockets.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Tate ain't no backup.

bcast89 likes this.
  9. farhen

farhen Member

too much weeds for our GM

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS is why I keep banging the drum on acquiring a long 4/5 that can defend 1-5.

We need a similar player that can smother shooters, especially in the clutch.

fckbandwagons and saleem like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is Mario Ellie part 2.

DD

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of course there is.

We are basically the 2009-2013 Sixers, and I am trying to push us to be the 2013-2016 Sixers, so we can ultimately be the 2017-2021 Sixers.

I am not interested in building around Christain Wood / Aaron Gordon, that is a treadmill. There is no realistic path to a championship doing that.

We need the best young players, on rookie deals, with team control for 4-5 years.

That is how you build a contender, that is how you win championships.

We need to bottom out, we need to commit to bottoming out, and we need a forward thinking plan in place. There is no alternatives here. There is no quick way out of this.

The Harden trade put us in a great position to be really good for a long time, provided we make the right moves NOW to set the foundation. Trading for Aaron Gordon is NOT the right move.

I don't want to hear about toxic cultures. Both the Sixers and the Nets spent years in the 10-20 win column, and now they are at the top competing for rings. Every move we make, needs to be prefaced with the understanding that it will put us in the best position for 2025-2027.

vator, HP3, luckyman76 and 1 other person like this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think you bottom out and THEN keep your options open. I think there is the path here to set up 2022 FA and if it doesn't pan continue on the asset collection path and draft well until you can make use of your max cap slots in FA before you have to exercise bird rights on lotto players.

vator and DrNuegebauer like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

“While the Rockets were viewed as the possible favorites for Gordon a few days ago, those discussions “seem to have fallen apart,” ESPN’s Zach Lowe said on the Woj & Lowe Special today. There’s still time for that to change, but if Houston isn’t confident in its ability to re-sign Gordon when his current contract expires in 2022, the team probably won’t be enthusiastic about giving up major assets for him.”

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/aaron-gordon-rumors-trade-request-celtics-rockets.html

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, wonder if the Rockets are trying to lower his price tag and fend off Celtics/Nuggets. I'd imagine that Stone can trade for Gordon without giving up more than an FRP. I get that Magic want more, but Aaron is just a really good role player at this point and that relationship has ran it's course.

jch1911, D-rock and DrNuegebauer like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I like it - and it really feels like this is Stone's strategy.
    Have the option to open up max space in free agency, and acquire a key asset before then if possible.
    Clearly getting a top 4 pick in this draft will help - good chance of finding a "key asset" there for the future.

On Aaron Gordon - with his contract, I don't see him interfering with future plans for free agency, if anything he may enhance the value of Wood by providing a complimentary type piece who covers some of Woods weaknesses.
    I would think that if we get a top 4 pick, we want to go into "try to win" mode next season, and clear max cap space for that 2022 crop. See how good we can be, and if that could be enticing for a prospective max free agent.

luckyman76, D-rock and vator like this.
  18. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I can see the Rockets coming in as a 3rd Team.

Houston Out: Oladipo, House and 2 Future 1st (one of BRK/DET/PORTLAND)
    Houston In: Michael Porter Jr and Gary Harris

Houston accelerates the rebuild by getting Porter Jr.

Orlando Out: Aaron Gordon
    Orlando In: Oladipo, 1st Rounder from Hou, 1st Rounder from Den

Orlando trades Gordon for an expiring and 2 first. (Oladipo can be flipped to another team for additional 2nd rounders)

Denver Out: Michael Porter Jr, Gary Harris and 1st Rounder
    Denver In: Aaron Gordon, House,1st Rounder from Hou.

Denver prepares for the playoffs by adding Gordon, House and future pick for trading one of their young players.

19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I think you mean Michael Porter Jr. Unless Kevin cloned himself.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Intriguing. I like it. On the first we send out, I rather send out the Washington/Portland FRPs.