1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We never pushed for information. We just enjoyed the tickets in the third row behind the visitor's dugout. :)

Nook likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Slime. Watson smelling his fingers.

This means something else now.

deb4rockets and Nook like this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm not questioning the women. But I hate the way Tony Buzbee operates. Guys like him (Jim Adler, any nut commercial you see on tv, etc) are an embarrassment to the profession imo.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hardin has an uphill battle and he's doing the best he can.

The strategy appears to be showing that Watson didn't assault all of those he hired and show that one of the accusations is a lie for monetary gain.

That'll be enough for some people

Fantasma Negro, Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is like the wisdom of Socrates right here. Good stuff!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Sweet 16

Nook, updawg and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If this is the best defense Watson's team got, it's not looking good.

The tactics of trying to discredit one out of many accusers to destroy a group case, can u win that way?

Like one bad witness shouldnt exonerate any guilty person.

#1268 DatRocketFan, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Will opposing teams’ stadiums play “What, What (In The Butt)” every time Watson goes under center?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So many options, but that's a great start.
    May be optimistic right now to picture him under center this coming season.

updawg, dc rock and Kim like this.
  11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Adler likes women to poop on him. There, I said it. I've heard this for years, from an offender's roommate, who doesn't even know who he is.

updawg likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ou sexy sexy

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

It will be this song. #1 song on Billboard is Cardi B - Up

Here’s the meaning.

Speaking of pressure, when Fallon asked Cardi to explain the song's catchphrase, "When it's up then it's stuck," she said it's a phrase her husband Offset says a lot, though she's since learned it's a common refrain all over the South.

So, have you ever taken a poop, right?" Cardi began. "And it don't come out? It's just up and it's stuck," she added

14. updawg

updawg Member

Have the Texans even released a statement yet?
    At least we are taking this very serious and looking into to it blah blah blah. Kind of weird if they haven’t.

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

About a week ago:

“We became aware of a civil lawsuit involving Deshaun Watson through a social media post last night,” the team said, via NFL Network’s James Palmer. “This is the first time we heard of the matter, and we hope to learn more soon. We take accusations of this nature that involve anyone with the Houston Texans organization seriously. We will await further information before making any additional statements on this incident.”

updawg likes this.
  16. updawg

updawg Member

Thanks
    But I thought I read they knew something like a month or two ago?
    Either way, I hope it bites them in the ass and they have to sell for some reason out of this.
    Or they get so disgusted with NFL behavior and sell to cleanse themselves

BigShasta and Hank McDowell like this.
  17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Step away from just the legal situation and the potentially financial situation but just from a personal angle. Imagine going to explain to your gf or wife that you went and got multiple masseuses for some action! Yikes.

I guess we will now find out if his lady, Jilly, is really in it for the long haul and if she is the forgiving type of embarrassing crap like this.

Plus, I know Dejounte Murray has to be enjoying this. Other than Buzbee, Cal and Jack(for now as long as it doesn't go criminal and the commish doesn't suspend DW) I bet Dejounte is probably chuckling.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

That is how I felt when I started practicing law and still do to an extent, but both of the attorneys you mentioned have been incredibly successful. Someone is buying their BS. Hardin does the same thing at points during a trial, I saw him 15 years ago do a trial. He is great at cross examination though and has tremendous confidence so he takes some risks 99.9% of other attorneys won’t.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The short answer is depending on where the jury is from and the configuration of the jury, yes it can work if the defendant is likable and the attorney is skilled.

Hardin is trying to poke holes to raise enough doubt that people give his client a break.

Even if one of these 16 women are discredited, there will be a decent number of people that will discredit all the women. Why? Some of it is biases against women’s rights, some of it is that people don’t want to believe it is true and some of it because people in the back of their mind already believe it is a money grab. You will see it on these boards.

The venue isn’t good for the plaintiffs.

Having said that... there are 16 women making allegations and Hardin has to deal with jurors that have a bias against men on issues of sexual assault.

So far both attorneys have been predictable and are playing up stuff that means nothing... the plaintiff attorney keeps talking about how his clients filed their case for the minimum jurisdictional limit when that means nothing... and Hardin is complaining about the public knowing these suits are filed against Watson, well it is a public filing anyone can find out regardless... also the “they haven’t given me evidence” complaint from Hardin is crap, the Judge will schedule a date for discovery to be exchanged.

Buzbee doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the women he is representing and Hardin doesn’t give a damn about Watson... they both just want to win and enjoy being able to manipulate people through a legal means.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

predictions on how this gonna play out?

BigShasta and Nook like this.