1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are there any places in the greater houston area that are administering vaccines to any adults, yet? Or are we still just 1A, 1B and 1C?

2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

It's still 1A, 1B, 1C (50-64) and teachers / childcare as the priority groups.

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

What area of town are you looking for a vaccine?

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're in the Abilene area, I heard they were having problems getting rid of their doses, so some people from the DFW area were driving over there for shots a week or two ago.

5. updawg

updawg Member

Try calling cvs or heb etc around 5 and they may have extra the need to get rid of

6. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I live in Clear Lake area but would drive pretty much anywhere in the greater houston metro area to get the vaccine.

That's a good suggestion on calling places at the end of the day, updawg. I'll try that.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You probably would want someone to take it and watch them for 1 or 2 years.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Sent PM!

10. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Just got an email from UTMB stating I'm eligible now (I'm guessing because of the directive posted above). So now I'm set up for Friday afternoon!

Sooty, Blake and B-Bob like this.
  11. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is it easier to schedule people via Walmart/CVS late at night/early morning? Does anyone know what times are best?

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

For Walmart, the best time is at night (set the clock on your computer or phone onto a different time zone that pushes the time past midnight). The walmart site checks the local time on the device before releasing inventory.

For CVS, I think its a bit of a crapshoot.

B-Bob and Pringles like this.
  13. Pringles

Pringles Member

Thank you sir!

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Supposedly by the end of the week in my state I will be eligible to get it. Looking forward to it but there will probably be long wait. I'm considering going out to the rural parts of the state to see if there is more availability.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I didn't want to start a separate thread in fear of it being politicized, but can someone please tell me the difference in having the antibodies from being infected with the virus vs the vaccine. In short, if you have been infected with the virus why do you or do you still need the vaccine?

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My mother had her 2nd vaccine appt cancelled yesterday for some reason on their end. She is 83 and can't get a second dose of Moderna anywhere remotely close to the SE part of town. Today they gave her an option for Humble on Saturday. 32 mile drive to get a second dose, yet now they want to open vaccines for all adults, regardless of age, even though they can't supply enough for the high risk as it is. It's frustrating. Why in the hell aren't second doses reserved and scheduled the day people get their first vaccine when they fall in the top tier of priority? Ugh

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just got my 1st Pfizer shot at Memorial Hermann NorthEast. In and out in 15 minutes (TWSS).

Glad I'm barely in Phase 1C and got this taken care of before the flood gates open for everyone else!

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've been on a waiting list to get an appointment in my county (Tarrant) for 7 weeks. Apparently, the slowness is because they are not distributing vaccines appropriately based on population density in counties. Other less populated counties (like Collin and Denton counties) are getting similar or more vaccine than heavier populated Tarrant. So, I guess I should have signed up in one of those counties and driven the distance.

#298 Surfguy, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Getting my 2nd Pfizer tomorrow.

DD

malakas likes this.
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Got my 1st Moderna today in Montgomery County. It was a bit of a s***show in terms of traffic and traffic control. Also a lot of unnecessary steps once you finally got inside the site (Woodforest Stadium). But, I have it and I'm happy about that. No side effects so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

EDIT: Just soreness at the injection site.

#300 leroy, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    malakas likes this.