1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I actually completely agree with this

Woods is probably not going to turn into a top six or seven player in the world...And that’s what he would have to be -to be an alpha on a championship team

Suggs also doesn’t seem to have the same ceiling as some of the other talents in the top five...however , I think he might have the highest floor

cade , green , Mobley and Kuminga have more potential

I think Suggs is the safest pick in the draft

D-rock and sydmill like this.
  2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I’m open to this idea of trading wood... If we could trade him and grab ANOTHER top 5 talent I would be all over it !!!

If it was for say the seventh or eighth pick, I would need another future 1st round draft pick...

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We're definitely on the way to a top 4 pick, unless we have more bad luck. I did like KJ Martin's performance. His jumper has improved. Lamb can shoot too. KPJr definitely is the most talented player out of all the young players apart from Wood.

True Rocket, D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  4. sydmill

sydmill Member

I guess I watched too many bully ball HS clips of Kuminga where he looked similar to Griffin. Taking a look at his more recent play he kind of reminds me of Iggy. His perimeter game is better. I think he may potentially be a rich mans Iggy if his shot improves as I think he is bigger than Igoudala and can play some 4 (where I think he could be nasty as a roll man).

dmoneybangbang, D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cade or Mobley.

Trackwell and BamBam like this.
  6. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm not scared to say it. Every game I check the final score to see if the Rockets lose, not win. I feel like a win is pointless and would actually make me mad at this point. There is no reason to win. Can't mess up the potential of keeping the top 4 pick.

I'm excited about the possibilities of drafting any of the top 5 prospects.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ahhhh every day I change my mind! That game Mobley just had was pretty awesome. Dammit. Im kinda in on Jalen Green to put next to KPJ.

Can Cade and KPJ coexist? Seems like a talent overlap.

D-rock, Trackwell and johnnydeezy1 like this.
  8. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I'm right there with you with teaming jalen green up with Kpj. That is one hell of a explosive and talented backcourt. They should compliment each other's game as well.

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

I really do like Kuminga, but my biggest fear is he is a Josh Jackson type where he just doesn't figure out his place. He doesn't have the off court issue, but I worry about his role. Will he use his athleticism to be an defensive force? Can he develop a NBA offensive game?

His G League time proved he could do more than just bully ball, but he still seems like a pretty big unknown in terms of use. He could be a more athletic Jerami Grant 2.0, which I think would a be a great outcome. I'd keep an open mind about him with the 3rd or 4th pick.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I knoww, but then Cade is ready to go game 1 and Mobley could be a combo of Kevin Garnett and KD! I've cooled off on Kuminga. For me its Green or Mobley.

11. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Jalen Green has Ray Allen/Reggie Miller like potential ... KPJr running next to him would be so fun to watch.

johnnydeezy1 and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Are there many talent differences between Anthony Edwards and Jalen Green? Is one a better shooter/defender?

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm now all on board for Evan Mobley, this guy can be a Chris Bosh type player for us especially if KPJ pans out at playing the point.

Jalen Green is a good choice too.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wish you all would accept you're overthinking it

Cade is the best prospect since Luka and anyone who passes on him will all look as dumb as Phoenix, Sacramento, Atlanta do now.

Deuce and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. sydmill

sydmill Member

There is risk with any draft pick. With Kuminga, I see a guy that has all the tools to be a dominant force. If he reaches his potential he is a Kawhi type on the perimeter with the ability to play some 4 where he'd be deadly as a roll man. If he doesnt reach his potential his athleticism should still make him more than serviceable (a la Josh Jackson who you mentioned).

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade just had a smooth and effortless pull up three against Baylor

Cade or bust

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kuminga’s been giving me taller RJ Barrett vibes with all that chucking and bad shooting

D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade making plays...I’m waiting for him to go into scorer mode

D-rock likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Cunningham is the best talent. You take the best talent and figure it out later

D-rock likes this.