1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: PJ Tucker frustrated while deals are being explored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Mar 11, 2021.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Never said he wasn't owed his money. Despite being a distraction the entire season through the media, and dogging it all year, he still deserves his money. My point was, if we sit him for the year and still pay him, I wouldn't consider that disloyal.. That is where my severance package analogy came from, it's considered loyal if you're employer honors your contract by paying you even if you are no longer needed.

There is a big gap between what PJ thinks the Rockets should pay him and what other teams are willing to give up for him, this will be clear in a few weeks He knows very well that he is getting traded, likely to a contender. He knows the Rockets are rebuilding and won't just let him expire for nothing. Why not just wait two weeks and let it happen instead of forcing the issue and creating a scene. The reason is, he knows like Iggy and Harden know, that if you cry like an unprofessional baby, you get exactly what you want. This isn't all on PJ, the league needs to tinker with the rules. PJ was paid $111,000 TODAY to stay home and take the day off, the least he could do is not bad mouth his employer to the media for not trading him or giving him a raise for being one of the worst starters in the league.this season.

I know the team is trash this season, and I appreciate what PJ has given us in the past, but his behavior leaves a bad taste The reason the Rockets are so bad is because we lost Harden. PJ wasn't being loyal when he refused to show up to camp on time when the Rockets were desperately trying to keep things together, he was adding fuel to the fire. He was sabotaging the Rockets before the season, he sabotaged his value by dogging it this season, then sabotages the team even when he's home getting paid. He also sabotaged a lot of my respect for him.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

So you are cool with a company screwing you over, got it lol. Some people arent okay with being hoed.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m fully prepared to be underwhelmed. It seems fairly obvious we’re going to take the best lowball offer that arises in the next 24 hours or so.

It’s like when you’re hungry and the closest options on the road are McDonald’s, Applebee’s and Little Caesar’s. You’ll suck it up and settle for one of them while fully preparing yourself to be disappointed.

If someone like Precious were actually on the table, it would have been done by now. Though, I hope I am wrong...

4. raining threes

Not OK with it, just looking forward to the day I can negotiate again.

I gotta go to bed. We can talk more about this tomorrow.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It doesnt effect the team - thats why we can do it! its just a few million outta Tilmans pocket - and knowing what a miser he is (and he wasnt even around when PJ signed his contract) I think its a helluva a gesture!

How much money do you think PJ Tucker is going to make over the next 2 years? We can make a tip jar bet now on whether on not PJ banks 10M over the next 2 years. I think he'll get 6-8M next year and maybe a min contract the year after...

"when a GM and Player and his agaent mutually come to an agreement to sit with his trade value not being affected in any way, how does it matter?"
    - you're still assuming it doesnt hurt his trade value - it does! I dont know how you can believe that someone who is showing themselves to be an unprofessional malcontent isnt hurting their value... it's not even a matter of simply sitting him - he's not going to be with the team - they dont want his negative pouting butt around = 0 leverage. Just straight up denial if you cant see this!

Plus he's still got Blames' narcissistic stank all over him - and his actions just further illustrate that fact... if I was running a contending team - I wouldnt want this asshat anywhere near my squad...

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It’s going to be something awful like PJ for the corpse of Meyers Leonard and a SRP or two.

I’m setting something like that as my baseline and hoping to be surprised.

BHannes2BHonest and dreamshakin like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

He hasnt been dogging it all year though man. He'll also l be sitting for two weeks man. And paying him during that time is a contractual obligation,not loyalty. Thats when the trade deadline is, do you realize if he got injured, we would get no value for him?

Its not unprofessional when the GM and player agree to the terms. Aldridge and the Spurs are doing this right now. He hasnt bad mouthed the Rockets, he's just unhappy he hasnt been traded.

He hasnt been dogging it this season man, Im just telling you. Him sitting out does nothing to hurt his value. He showed up to late to camp but for the majority of those game, he has been trying.

8. kjayp

as in a contract? but according to you if the player outperforms that contract - then he's being screwed by 'the man'! lol

9. HP3

HP3 Member

One agreement is screwing someone over, the other isnt. No one gets hoed by PJ sitting out. No one, zilch, nada.

10. kjayp

I supported House not signing Morey's lowball offer when he refused to convert him - that was House's prerogative and I fully supported him exercising his options... Once you sign the contract - that should be it - for both sides!

Whether the guy outperforms that contract or whether he blows his knee out in the first the game - thats the chance both sides take when entering into a contract. Nobody is owed nothing beyond that contract - regardless of how things work out. Thats the real world - not some polyannic expectation that everything works out fair and equitable for everybody involved in every exchange. As aforementioned, you claim PJ is owed money bc he was underpaid - but if he blew out his knee in his first game and his career was over, there wouldnt be no refund coming back to the Rox...

but yer only 28... you'll learn... lol

BamBam and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Not if you over peform your contract by a lot and gave way more value than the contract you signed for.

I do not subscribe. If you over-perform your contract and provided as much as PJ did, than yea you're entitled to that money. He didnt blow out his knee so none of that matters. He over performed his contract period, the end. He played through countless injuries many times and put his body on the line. Im tired of this dystopian, darwinistic way of thinking, it shoulndt be this hard to show some loyalty and integrity for a guy who's had a tremendous amount of success for this team.

Im aware of the circumstances, Im going to continue to say PJ deserved that money even as I get older.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Well this should help with negotiations...

groovemachine likes this.
  13. vator

vator Contributing Member

14. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Tucker is so incredibly offensively deficient in today's nba it's not even funny. But I'll always remember how amazing he was during the western finals against golden state. His defense, toughness, and hustle really made a difference on that team. I hope he wins a ring this year. But even though he meant so much , man will it be nice not having to watch him on the rockets anymore.

dreamshakin likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

tucker ded. send him to detroit for blake griffin.

BamBam likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if we're just getting a crappy 2nd back i'd rather let him rot and miss the playoffs

BamBam likes this.
  17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

o_O

Only if Meyers is for a salary match and never plays for the Rockets, F that guy

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Uh Blake’s on the Nets already

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Nah, it’s a business, leave feelings out and always take the asset :cool:

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden taught him how to quit.

Rockets will really miss his 30 minutes, 0 points, 5 rebounds.
    Oh wait, looks like Justin Patton filled in nicely last night! 0 points, 6 rebounds in 25 minutes! :cool:

Tucker traveled with the Rockets to Sacramento and warmed up prior to the game, but he didn't suit up to join the team on the bench. He hadn't been listed on the injury report.

"He decided that he was just not really with it.”

kjayp, BamBam, Hank McDowell and 3 others like this.