1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: PJ Tucker frustrated while deals are being explored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Mar 11, 2021.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Are the Rockets running their mouths to the press about the worst starter stats in the teams last 30 years? Did the Rockets just start paying him 50% of what he's due to match his 50% effort? No, they're still holding up their end of the deal. Loyalty goes both ways. They are paying him over a million dollars a month to play basketball. In my book, the money is all they owe him. It would suck to miss out on collecting an asset by making a stand and keeping him, but someday, some team has to take a stand. I'm not saying that should be us because we need the 2nd rounder we'll get for him, but I'd like to see a team take a stand.

If my employer owed me 9 million dollars for one year of work, then decided to give me a severance package with a condition to not work for somebody else for 1 year, I wouldn't consider that disloyal. I would have only great things to say about that company, especially if everyone in the organization knew I was intentionally performing poorly. It's not you HP3, I'm ranting because I'm fed up with the player entitlement.

SuperKev, Amel, fattz and 2 others like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patton says hello.

3. JackLordsHair66

See ya PJ you were a warrior but you aren't worht that much at this point since you can't even finish a layup.

groovemachine, Hui and kjayp like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I still dont care. Im fine with it. He deserves that money. I dont care what anyone says about it. We are garbage. We need to be garbage this year and next year too. And he's a great locker room presence.

topfive and FrontRunner like this.
  5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Tucker is about to be traded.
    I hope they find a package that nets them precious and Herro.

And some how flips VO to the Knicks for Barrett. We have three picks that are protected work those in there to free up an unprotected 1st from the Knicks

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas never knows anything.

I dont recall Morey and MDA (heck any coach under Morey) so disconnected like Stone and Silas.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Old program called, "8 is enough," well 8 isn't enough.

We trade Tucker for two guards and then, you just wait and see.

That's what we've been missing; not 8 guards, 10! Yes 10 guards.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  8. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Yup, showing how great of a leader he is.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Look man, this team is bad with and without him. We dont get him corner threes anymore. And he constantly plays out of position with horrible players around him. I know you feel he's being entitled but I do not feel that to be the case.

That is not a severance package that's a poor offering to a guy who for 3-4 years 1. Was our best/most versatile defender 2. One of the leaders on our team. 3. Dude who brought it every night. 4. Consistently brought it in the playoffs every year(was either our 2nd or 3rd best player, you can check the numbers) AND 5. Was a consummate professional and again brought it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Oh yea, he was also assed to play center for half a season and all through the playoffs and never complained, not once. Then you get fans slandering him every which way for his play after EVERYTHING he has given this team. Im sorry man he's owed that money. He put his body on the line every night and never complained once. He deserves that money.

kkthksbai likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's definitely a bit of a communication gap between Stone and Silas that wasn't there with Morey-MDA.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Look man,if you got underpaid and was asked to do the things he did for years, you would be upset too. All he did was ask to stay home because he doesnt want to play on a tanking team.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i believe the irony of his statement is lost on him... lol

groovemachine and Sep11ie like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

The silence is deafening.

Silas always says he was broadsided, didnt know about availability or injury, of player X.

And Stone is nowhere to be found when Silas is taking heat, 14 game losing streak/blowout losses/lockerroom meltdowns/players mouthing off.

Stone's management style is very Darwininian.

Or just cowardly.

topfive, Mr Woods, Rocket_ph and 2 others like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh please bro. This team has lost 14 straight, yea be a "good little soldier" while the organization screws you over and continues to underpay you and continues no to trade you. If you have your points you can say them to me directly.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tucker will be gone soon.

groovemachine likes this.
  16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This escalated quickly...

s3ts, D-rock and raining threes like this.
  17. raining threes

I really hope if they cant get Precious or Herro for Tucker, they can get Paul Reed from the 76ers. That guy has so much untapped potential. He also has three of the main things the Rockets are currently missing, size, rebounding and the ability to score.

joshuaao, cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas is clueless. SMH

HP3 likes this.
  19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets are not fooling anyone into thinking they are trying to win this season and not in tank mode. Should have moved Tucker already a while back and develop young players instead. I can understand PJs frustration. Also, the fact that he is not helping our team in any way possible while hogging minutes from young players. He does not fit our style of play, if there is any style at all, and he's simply not effective nor seems to fit for the future. He may be more useful for a contender instead. This is very crappy of our management.

s3ts and HP3 like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And Texans

jch1911 likes this.