1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It was just my opinion. No reason to attack bro.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Herro is another 6'5 guard.

Give me the semi proven 25 year old 6'8 forward instead who provides what Rockets actually NEED:

*Length
    *Defend 1-5
    *Rebound
    *Pace & Transition Energizer
    *36% 3P
    *Playmaker
    *Violent finisher

And did I mention AG was 6'8 and physical WITH guard skills?

3. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

All deals will be picks and final year contracts. Maybe some young soild role players that have flashed but on reasonable deals.

raining threes likes this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

They are completely different.

Herro is on the 2nd year of his rookie deal, with RFA after it expires.

Gordon always made sense with Harden, and never without him. He can walk after next season.

If he agrees to an extension, fine, but I don’t think he makes sense otherwise.

joshuaao, raining threes and Bo6 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lobs to Gordon from KPJ would not suck.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Why do you have to respond to every Herro post?

We know you don't like him and love AG

I would be fine with either.

Zach Lowe and Ben Simmons floated RJ Hampton and Gary Harris for Oladipo.

I would absolutely love that and may prefer Hampton to Herro.

D-rock, joshuaao and ElPigto like this.
  7. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Is anyone else tired of seeing d rock post unrealistic trades involving the same players over and over again?

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

James Wiseman is the only player worth trading for in a deal for VO. He will be a star one day. Book it. The kid is 7’ with a 3-pt shot (37%), runs the floor, blocks shots, rebounds and has the quickness and strength to play inside. Already averaging 12 ppg and 6 boards as a rookie in limited minutes. Oh, and the best part, he’s only 19-years-old.

raining threes likes this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, I didn't say that at all.

I suggested that the price of Wiggins ongoing contract is certainly a factor. Warriors fans were hesitant earlier in the season to simply absorb PJ into their TPE because he would cost them $27(ish) mill. Sure, that is fans, not the owners, and there wasn't a trade being offered - but you get the point. The tax bill has to be at least some kind of factor.
    Can the Warriors replace his production for less?
    As you suggested, with Klay returning, the requirement for Wiggins to be a scorer is minimized. Is there someone they could get to play a 6th man role and/or vets who can contribute towards a championship?
    Do they believe they can contend for another championship next season? Are they sure the pick won't be top 3? Top 3, they miss it, and are stuck with Wiggins and his bad attitude towards trying hard.

I think VO/ Tucker/ House gives them a bit of grunt? But there would be a price to pay to dump Wiggins. Up to the Warriors, but I can see why they would want to move Wiggins and not pay $60-70mill to watch him loaf around out there

joshuaao likes this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And how many FRPs?

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

None. Oladipo would likely be a rental there.

And even if not a rental, he's not that good so he won't get us much in return. Hampton is a FRP so let's just pretend he was drafted by us with a pick we traded for.

fattz likes this.
  12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Due to the fact of them being so far over the cap, dumping Wiggins won't affect their cap situation. So why would they be interested in replacing him with someone for cheaper? That serves no one but the owner and like someone else said, if the owners cared about the luxury tax they wouldn't have taken Oubre straight into the exception like they just did. That deal cost them over $50M alone if I recall correctly. I'm not saying they intend to keep that pick but they can get a hell of a lot more than Dipo for it especially if you have to replace Wiggins with it too. I think that Wiggins and Wolves pick package is reserved for a real star like at least Lavine or Vucevic level should one be available. Wiggins and pick for Dipo would be so horrendously stupid that there's no way I can see a good org like the Warriors doing it.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's two expiring contracts on very good players for a bloated contract and a very good rookie.

I think one of Nnaji, Bol Bol and a FRP would all be in play in this 2 for 1 deal but let's go further.

Let's go all the way with it.

This is the biggest extent the Rockets could go to help them clear salary and give them expiring deals to ensure they have flexibility.

Basically 40 Million off the books for them next year. They can make a play for the top FA whether that's Oladipo or someone else and then max MPJ after.

https://tradenba.com/trades/uY7qHd9k9

joshuaao likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm not sure you're interacting with what I am saying?
    I haven't said anything about Wiggins and their cap; rather that ongoing tax multiples for a guy who isn't trying might be a concern?
    Should they strike out on other trade options, then is a fallback option to pivot towards VO and pieces?

It would be horrendously stupid of the Rockets to take Wiggins contract without serious compensation - ie, something like the TWolves pick.

So, while unlikely, it certainly isn't impossible. I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen!

joshuaao likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

nah. He’s not going there, anyway. It’s the Knixies or Ws or efforting to pry an SnT out of Riles.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If the Warriors were to give up that pick it would be to maximize the last remaining years of Green-Curry primes

luckyman76, joshuaao and treyk3 like this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

why is it one or the other?

It'd be nice to have a guard that can actually shoot the 3 with over a 37% clip for a change.

18. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Check this trade out, I feel like its pretty fair all the way around

20. raining threes

Plus hopefully a top four pick.