1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I suppose if we're taking back Wiggins then it's alright, but the poster I was replying to scoffed at the idea of bringing back Wiggins even if it included that pick. Called it a lowball.

thething and treyk3 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

oh absolutely not.

I'll watch Wiggins play at 50% for the next three years for that pick or Wiseman without hesitation but it's the only way I'd do an Oladipo trade with them.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, taking on that contract would required some sweetener.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's a lawyer and from all reports a damn good one. Combine that with some high iq bball analytics ops team and he could be a power player as a gm.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Flip VO and Tucker for Wiggins and Minny's FRP.

Flip that pick plus additional draft capital and something like House for MPJ

Wall / Brown

KPJ / Gordon

Wiggins / Tate

MPJ / Nwamba

Wood / Patton

I 100% expect this to happen and will throw a fit if it doesn't.

joshuaao, csnerd84 and coachbadlee like this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We don’t have anything other than Wood that would pry that Minnesota pick for GSW. How about this? They get Gordan who is just as good a defender than Dipo and a better 3-pt shooter. We get expirings and 2 2nd Rounders. We get rid of Gordan’s contract.

https://tradenba.com/trades/-hA-taqP3

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The rockets may not have enough for that pick. But who knows what Warriors want to do. I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded it. Or if they keep it trade wiseman. I don’t think keeping both makes a ton of sense with Curry etc.

8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I hope youre prepared to throw a fit.... I just dont see a way that Denver gives up MPJ unless they are getting PJ and Dipo/Gordon and draft picks. That team can make noise this year and I dont think they are looking to dump someone like MPJ unless they get talent back in return (and picks and likely releif from Harris' albatross deal). House isnt getting it done. I could maybe see Dipo+PJ+picks for MPJ and Harrs but that seems like the only type of deal that wont result in Denver hanging up on us. Maybe I'm wrong though?

joshuaao likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i would do a lot for a Porter Jr / Herro back court for the next 10 years.

joshuaao and raining threes like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think we're actually a perfect trade partner for the Warriors, we have the right veterans on fair contracts (Dipo, EG, PJ...literally every single one of them would fit like a glove into their style and/or need, probably even House), and maybe, all things considered, they might be a perfect partner for us.

I guess finding the right deal for both teams won't be any easy, but the pieces are definitely there, personally i wouldn't mind moving two players and taking back Wigging for the Wolves pick, for me quality > quantity, and imo that pick is going to be really good in 2022 too, if other teams are not willing to move good assets, i'd rather trade with less teams and take back better stuff, i have no interest in overpaid players like Kuzma or new age Ryan Andersons like Duncan Robinson.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think this is at the heart of the matter for teams wanting what Houston has. They may even be inclined to overpay a bit if they think its enough to topple the Nets and that is good news for Houston.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Matt78777 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

joshuaao, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think a lot on here are overrating the desire of the Warriors to move that Wiggins contract. Sure he's overpaid but when Klay comes back he'll be the 4th option on offense (maybe even 5th or 6th depending on Oubre/Wiseman development) and he's greatly improved as a defender this year. They're already in the luxury tax zone so losing Wiggins won't let them sign a max free agent. And based on everything they've been saying, I think they even kinda like him. I cannot see them giving up that Minnesota pick to dump a player they kinda like when they won't even get a max slot for doing so. If we were to have a pipe dream acquisition, MPJ is much more realistic than the Minny pick.

DonKnock and Matt78777 like this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think Houston wants to get this over with. I do too. But Houston wants a "best offer" bid from other teams, not some watered down low ball one. So what remains is waiting. Waiting to see if another team goes all in to get one or more of our guys.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Would you? Really?

D-rock likes this.
  19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

nobody wants Wiggins lol

20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

What a terrible post.

You have no idea what we'll get for Oladipo (won't be nothing)

You have no idea what will become of the picks and swaps from BKN.

And yet you're already trying to evaluate the Harden trade like a damn fool.

Keep these thoughts to yourself next time