1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Gordon picking up significant trade interest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Just adds insult to injury for me. It’s by far his most annoying trait, but not far behind that are dribbling into crowds and taking bad shots.

Without his hand gestures he’s still incredibly low iq and streaky. I can’t wait for him to leave.

ak99999 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Boston:
    Every player we have is A++, and there’s no way you can have them unless you overpay!!:rolleyes:

Rockets:
    Every player we have is D-, can you please take them for nothing and we’ll add a 1st round pick!!:rolleyes:

Gordon is not a perfect player, he’s past 30yrs old, he has mediocre handles at best, and complains constantly, BUT he’s still capable of going for 25pts on any game, has above average defense, and has a lot of playoff experience!! That’s a lot of good tangibles that any real contending team wood love to have...

I think we’re going to be pleasantly surprised at what we receive for him when he eventually gets traded.

(P.S.) Yes, I know he’s 32yrs old with 3yrs remaining at approx. $19.5 mill a year. IMHO, I don’t think teams that have a real shot at the chip will be deterred by his contract.

jiggyfly, jcmoon, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

This picture was taken in the warm up

BamBam, jiggyfly, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There was an outside chance with Harden+CP3.

But despite what he says about being able to play with anyone, Harden couldn't play with CP3... not because of the on court fit, though that wasn't great offensively (where Harden + Kyrie is a much better offensive fit), but because of personality fit.

Once CP3 was traded, the writing was on the wall.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Respectfully, I think we had better than an outside chance... We were up 3-2 in the WCF against the peak Golden State Warriors when they were at full strength in 2018. Chris Paul injures his hammy late in that 5th game, and we then lose the next 2... and missed 27 straight 3-pointers in Game 7. One could credibly argue that the 2017-2018 Golden State Warriors was the best team ever assembled. I'd say in 7 out of 10 years against a "normal" opponent, that Harden + Chris Paul team wins the title.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

We agree on that. Too bad HardenTilman traded him.

7. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

You had it right the first time...

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Riiiiiight.

9. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

If Beal stays (likely) does that mean we have the 2 next most valuable 2 guards on the market? say if Vic goes to the Hawks, does Miami offer a similar (but definitely less) deal for Gordon?

Interesting times..

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean. That’s fair. I’m not quibbling over outside shot or legit shot or whatever.

it’s also fair to say CP3 was often injured in the playoffs. That he played his most playoff games ever that year before getting injured at the worst time wasn’t exactly unpredictable. So outside shot based on that wound be fair.

11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Gordon is a great player when healthy.

Definitely can contribute towards a championship calibre team if healthy.

I'm happy with an expiring for him. Or even a contract that expires in 2022 and an early 2nd.

I'm ready for the rebuild.

Trackwell, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Umm...we already are

Trackwell and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Consummate professional that cared more about getting the job done than about having fun.

His shots will be missed.

SamFisher and txtodd like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s see how KPJ and Wood feel about that.

15. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

You guys know his last year contract is not guaranteed, right? His contract basically has 2 years left after this year.

16. raining threes

Hope he gets on a playoff team and gets a chance at a ring.

I dont know about matching salaries but I like some of the Nuggets younger players.

Dozier, Cancar, Bol would give the team size it's currently lacking.

17. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

many cant wait to have him gone, my sentiments is out of loyalty. I wish him the best and help a contender win. The same with PJ. These two are excellent complementary players for any team. over the years they showed that they can win and play big games, that goes a long way to a lot of teams. We are going young, wood and kpj and hopefully kuminga/jalen green will bring us back to relevance sooner than later.

18. apatel123

apatel123 Member

tank tank tank

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there.....

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He played great with CP3 and led us to the best record in Rockets history. Had the defending champs down 3-2 until Chris Paul blew out his hamstring. The reason CP3 was traded is because he played like trash the next season, probably because he was still injured.

That caused a rift between CP3 and Harden because when CP3 was producing Harden has no issues listening to him, but when he couldn't even get by a 7 footer, Harden wasn't gonna have it.

HP3 likes this.