1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. havoc1

havoc1 Member

The good news is that now that Leslie Frazier is our coach he should be able to get Deshaun to buy in... Although I must’ve missed the announcement from the local media that was definitely being prepared. Well hopefully the scouting department has finished digesting all that info they got about Frazier being the coach and can hit the ground running.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  2. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Yep, was absolutely wrong about Frazier. From what I hear, Leslie and Lovie do not like each other so that was one issue. The other, Leslie wanted no part of the team with no Deshaun. He knew. Culley is 100% another Bo Porter hire. He can say all the stuff that Deshaun will be here but he is gone.

Nick wanted Leslie after EB pulled out of the running. Leslie said no after learning Deshaun was out. EB also wanted top 3 head coach money and some roster control which was an issue but in the end he pulled his own name out of the hat with no Deshaun.

I honestly thought it was going to be Frazier. They had discussed deal parameters so I thought it was a slam dunk. That's my fault on that one for sure.

The rest of this stuff is just crazy to me. I had heard Cal was a drinker but not to that level.

Also, highly doubt Robert McNair Jr ever gets involved.

arkoe and UTSA2step like this.
  3. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Dude you said they were distributing information to the local media about the Frazier announcement. You are clearly making all of this up, as you obviously do with the rest of your “inside information.”

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

At no point did anything I say at all resemble violence.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

You suggested "going after" Bob McNair's widow and physically showing up at their place of employment to "f***" with them. You very clearly crossed the line with that. It has to be called out.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

No he didn’t you virtue signaling punk ass

Sooty and Nook like this.
  7. ballgame

ballgame Member

From the sounds of things, this is getting real serious! If Deshaun gets traded, where will Easterby go??

I would be looking over my shoulder everywhere I go....No job is worth it

mario_v and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. conquistador#11

Forget the Deshaun's end game. What is easterby's end game. once he's done with the Texans and he will be. No nfl team is going to want him around. Outsiders know how 'insane' he is. His preaching game isn't smooth. Maybe just stick on for another 2 seasons til cal realizes: "Oh my god, I've done made boo boos!" and collect $6 more million? A total of 9 million dollars and destroy a franchise from within in less than 18 months = priceless

Nook, mikol13 and mario_v like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Easterby has turned the texans hiring process into a religious test. That's the only legitimate reason why someone like Cully gets hired. It sure as sh** isn't football reasons because the guy has proven at no time that he's a good football coach. If he was, he would've, at the bare minimum, been a coordinator by now. He was simply the best snakeoil salesman out of the interviewees.

10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I think this is what is the most disappointing thing for me about how Watson handled this. I wish he would have made public what is bothering him about the organization. By keeping quiet about it and not exposing it, he is leaving the cancer still in place. So yeah, he may get out but the rest of us are stuck with the root cause of the problem.

3Rings and El_Conquistador like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

According to the SI article, Easterby threatened Texans' front office employees with defamation lawsuits and such. I doubt Watson cares to have to deal with this crap any more than is necessary, and I doubt he wants to send Easterby into a public rampage that will have who knows what collateral damage. He probably just wants out and to pursue a football career - not drag this out while he's trying to get a fresh start with a new team. Most of the other players are on non-guaranteed contracts. If they want out, they can just say they are converting to Islam or something and they'll probably get cut real fast.

12. Chilly_Pete

Just say what he de doesn't like. If anyone could stand up to Easterby it's him. But he is choosing to keep silent. If the franchise's most valuable player with the support of the fans behind him won't challenge Easterby, I doubt anyone will. It's crazy to me that this guy has so much power in such a short time.

As fans I think we at least deserve to know why he want's to leave.

3Rings, Sooty, stevel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don’t think you can read. I said fans should stop going after Cal and start going after Janice, McNair Interests and the McNair interests CEO. The only way that would suggest violence against Janice is if people were already beating the **** out of Cal which they aren’t. Don’t make this into something it isn’t.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Sooty, TWS1986 and Blake like this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Happy Sunday fellas

itzIce, TWS1986, KingCheetah and 2 others like this.
  16. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Did anybody have any doubt he was still going to be heavily involved, if not more so?

Other than Scarface? (Who I love his optimism, by the way, it’s refreshing this team hasn’t beaten you down bud...but god when it hits you how wrong you’ve been so often and you lose all that hope...it’s going to be UGLY)

17. Chilly_Pete

[​IMG]

18. conquistador#11

my favorite comment is that picture! ha.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Bench 97.5's Lance Zierlein reports Texans executive Jack Easterby is "still making calls to agents on behalf of the team and is very much involved in the football side."
    In other words, chaplain, character coach, etc. Easterby is still behaving like a football guy/general manager. Easterby and the Texans had claimed this would not be the case after Nick Caserio was hired to lead the front office. Every Texans fire over the past 18 months has originated from Easterby's office, and he seems intent on starting more. Letting a character coach essentially run the organization into the ground is one of the more baffling, surreal front office developments we have seen in North American sports this century. The Texans need to get this fixed if they are to have even a one percent chance of keeping Deshaun Watson.

conquistador#11 and marks0223 like this.
  20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Wow, I just went back and read it.

It doesn’t remotely sound like what Trader Jorge made it out to sound like.

massive spin! Thanks for pointing it out Nook!